• Hello. Let’s say Japan attacks the US in the Philippines in the 3th round after declaring war at the US and Japan is not yet at war with UK/ANZAC.
    If later in the 3th, 4th, 5th,… round, Japan does un unprovoked declaration of war against UK or ANZAC, let’s say by attacking UK in borneo, does US still get the one-time bonus payment of 30 IPCs (= representing the total mobilization and transfer of military assets, but US is already at war since beginning of the 3th round !) ?

• @cojoh No.

• @krieghund
    Is it explained in the game rules ?

• Official Q&A

@cojoh Not directly, but it’s implied by the wording and structure of the paragraph that the bonus doesn’t apply after the US is at war:

[The United States] may not declare war on Japan unless Japan first declares war on it or makes an unprovoked declaration of war against the United Kingdom or ANZAC. Following any such unprovoked declaration of war by Japan, the United States will receive an immediate one-time bonus payment of 30 IPCs, representing the total mobilization and transfer of military assets within the continental United
    States.

The phrase “any such unprovoked declaration” in the second sentence above refers back to Japan declaring war on the US or UK-ANZAC “first” (before the US) in the first sentence in order for the bonus to apply.

• @krieghund
    ok Tks

• @krieghund
    But that means then that if Japan first declares war on US, the US receives the one time bonus immediately regardless of an unprovoked declaration of war by Japan to UK/ANZAC ? So, in my example, US receives the 30 IPC bonus in the 3th round after the declaration of war by Japan (and after the attack on the Philippines).
    I thought that the bonus was only valid if Japan makes an unprovoked declaration of war to UK/ANZAC.
    Is that correct, Krieghund ?
    Greetings from Belgium.

• @cojoh said in unprovoked declaration of war:

But that means then that if Japan first declares war on US, the US receives the one time bonus immediately regardless of an unprovoked declaration of war by Japan to UK/ANZAC ? So, in my example, US receives the 30 IPC bonus in the 3th round after the declaration of war by Japan (and after the attack on the Philippines).

Yes.

I thought that the bonus was only valid if Japan makes an unprovoked declaration of war to UK/ANZAC.

No, it also applies if Japan declares war on the US first, as this is also an unprovoked declaration. The bonus applies if Japan makes an unprovoked declaration of war against any of the three powers before the US is at war with Japan, but only on the first instance of such a declaration.

• @krieghund
    Ok, that’s clear. Tks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m