L21 AndrewAAGamer (X) vs Pejon_88 (L+60) OOB

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Take the AA Gun

• 2023 '22

TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 14

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 14

Combat Move - Russians
            1 infantry moved from Evenkiyskiy to Urals
                  Russians take Urals from Germans
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Caucasus to Rostov

Combat - Russians
            Battle in Rostov
                Russians attack with 1 artillery and 3 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 aaGun and 2 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 3 infantry in Rostov, round 2 : 0/4 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 aaGun and 2 infantry in Rostov, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Rostov
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Rostov, round 3 : 1/3 hits, 0,83 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 aaGun and 2 infantry in Rostov, round 3 : 0/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    1 aaGun owned by the Germans lost in Rostov
                2 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 artillery owned by the Russians retreated to Caucasus
                Germans win with 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 2
                Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Germans: 1 aaGun

Non Combat Move - Russians
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Eastern Persia to Iraq

Turn Complete - Russians
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Russians from Timguska: 2 aaGuns and 17 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Russians to Urals: 2 aaGuns and 17 infantry
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans regular : -0,33
    Russians regular : -0,83

Savegame

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 14

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 14

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 3 fighters, 3 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 artillery and 7 infantry moved from Hopei to Shensi
            2 bombers moved from French Indo China to Shensi
            2 mech_infantrys moved from French Indo China to Malaya
            1 fighter moved from 36 Sea Zone to 43 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to Malaya
            2 infantry moved from French Indo China to 36 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 36 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 41 Sea Zone to Sumatra
            3 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from 42 Sea Zone to Sumatra
            2 battleships, 11 carriers, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers and 5 submarines moved from 42 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 36 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 36 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            3 fighters and 4 tactical_bombers moved from 36 Sea Zone to Malaya
            2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 42 Sea Zone to Sumatra
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 42 Sea Zone to Malaya
            4 fighters and 4 tactical_bombers moved from 42 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            8 fighters moved from French Indo China to 37 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from French Indo China to 37 Sea Zone

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in 43 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 fighter
                ANZAC defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the ANZAC lost in 43 Sea Zone
                Japanese win with 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 transport
            Battle in 41 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 2 battleships, 12 carriers, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers, 4 fighters, 5 submarines, 4 tactical_bombers and 1 transport
                ANZAC defend with 2 destroyers
                    Japanese roll dice for 5 submarines in 41 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/5 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 battleships, 12 carriers, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers, 4 fighters, 4 tactical_bombers and 1 transport in 41 Sea Zone, round 2 : 8/14 hits, 7.50 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 2 destroyers in 41 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    2 destroyers owned by the ANZAC lost in 41 Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking 41 Sea Zone from Neutral with 2 battleships, 12 carriers, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers, 4 fighters, 5 submarines, 4 tactical_bombers and 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is 16
                Casualties for ANZAC: 2 destroyers
            Battle in 37 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 destroyer and 10 fighters
                Americans defend with 1 submarine
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 destroyer and 10 fighters in 37 Sea Zone, round 2 : 5/11 hits, 5.33 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 37 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    1 submarine owned by the Americans lost in 37 Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking 37 Sea Zone from Americans with 1 destroyer and 10 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Americans: 1 submarine
            Battle in Sumatra
                Japanese attack with 5 fighters, 2 infantry and 5 tactical_bombers
                ANZAC defend with 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 5 fighters, 2 infantry and 5 tactical_bombers in Sumatra, round 2 : 7/12 hits, 6.17 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 infantry in Sumatra, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in Sumatra
                Japanese win, taking Sumatra from ANZAC with 5 fighters, 2 infantry and 5 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 infantry
            Battle in Malaya
                Japanese attack with 5 fighters, 2 mech_infantrys and 5 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 1 armour; UK_Pacific defend with 1 harbour
                    Japanese roll dice for 5 fighters, 2 mech_infantrys and 5 tactical_bombers in Malaya, round 2 : 8/12 hits, 6.17 expected hits
                    UK_Pacific roll dice for 1 armour in Malaya, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 armour owned by the British lost in Malaya
                Japanese win, taking Malaya from UK_Pacific with 5 fighters, 1 mech_infantry and 5 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 2
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 mech_infantry
                Casualties for British: 1 armour
            Battle in Shensi
                Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 7 infantry
                Chinese defend with 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 7 infantry in Shensi, round 2 : 5/10 hits, 3.00 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Shensi, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Shensi
                Japanese win, taking Shensi from Chinese with 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 6 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Chinese: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            1 mech_infantry moved from Sikang to Shensi
            2 bombers moved from Shensi to French Indo China
            1 artillery and 15 infantry moved from Yunnan to Burma
            2 fighters moved from Malaya to Burma
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 41 Sea Zone to French Indo China
            5 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers moved from Sumatra to 41 Sea Zone
            3 fighters moved from Malaya to 41 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 37 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            8 fighters moved from 37 Sea Zone to French Indo China
            5 tactical_bombers moved from Malaya to French Indo China
            1 fighter moved from 43 Sea Zone to French Indo China
            2 armour and 3 mech_infantrys moved from French Indo China to Burma
            4 carriers and 1 destroyer moved from 36 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Kiangsu to Anhwe
            1 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Anhwe
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Manchuria to Korea
            2 infantry moved from Manchuria to Jehol

Place Units - Japanese
            3 infantry placed in French Indo China
            1 mech_infantry placed in Kiangsu
            3 fighters placed in Japan
            2 transports placed in 6 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 55 PUs; end with 55 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Chinese regular : 0.67
    Americans regular : -0.17
    Japanese regular : 3.17
    UK_Pacific regular : 0.50
    ANZAC regular : -1.00

Savegame

• @andrewaagamer triplea_37429_14jap-1.tsvg

There is some issue with the forum. Please use the attached save file.

• 2023 '22

@AndrewAAGamer forgot about Italy’s med objective. Need to adjust tomorrow before you go, sorry.

• 2023 '22

Realize I moved a cruiser and an AC to SZ110. You can adjust and leave them in SZ92 and then play.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I am not exactly sure what you want me to do. Please make your edits and resend the file or post it if able.

• 2023 '22

Please proceed.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Well congratulations! You broke the record that I thought would never be broken. I had a Classic 2nd Edition game around 2,001 where my opponent flew 19 strategic bombing raids before he finally had a plane shot down on the 20th raid. I never thought that record would be broken. However, you just had your 20th bombing raid without a loss. Now you are going to be the the one I tell people about.

• '15 '14

@andrewaagamer If am not mistaken there is a 3% chance to fly 20 bombing raids without losing a single bomber. Doesn’t sound too extraordinary to me :-)

I once lost in France G1 despite bringing all 20 ground units in, I think the odds on this battle were 99.916%^^ Can u beat that^^

Also, I think I once played Gamerman and my AA was some 1/35 or so

• @jdow said in L21 AndrewAAGamer (X) vs Pejon_88 (L+60) OOB:

@andrewaagamer If am not mistaken there is a 3% chance to fly 20 bombing raids without losing a single bomber. Doesn’t sound too extraordinary to me :-)

I once lost in France G1 despite bringing all 20 ground units in, I think the odds on this battle were 99.916%^^ Can u beat that^^

Also, I think I once played Gamerman and my AA was some 1/35 or so

I show 20 bombing raids with no losses at 2.6%, so yes, close to 3% yet still less than that. Since that is about a 1 in 40 chance that is pretty extraordinary since strategic bombing doesn’t occur in every game, at least not to this extent. I doubt I have played in 40 games where my opponent did a massive bombing campaign throughout so this one definitely stands out as the winner for my personal experience.

As far as your unlucky attack in France, which I have seen face to face once, unfortunately I can beat it. Albeit a small attack it was the difference in winning or losing a Playoff Final Pacific game, the original version. I attacked with 2 infantry and 2 artillery versus a single infantry. My opponent got 4 hits in a row, I whiffed on all 10. The odds of that not occurring, based on my limited math skills, is 99.982 or 18 in 10,000 versus your 84 in 10,000.

Dice can sometimes be very unfair which is why I try to minimize dice as much as possible when I play. However, when the dice turn against you there is nothing to do but shrug your shoulders because we can’t control the dice.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

• @andrewaagamer Haha, is it 20 now. Ridiculous! If my calculations are not too off I would have brought upon you around 90-100 IPC loss in repairs should you repair all damage.

20 x (3.5+2) = 110, but all 5s and 6s cap at 6 damage when it comes to mICs, so maybe 90-100?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m