US IPC Bonus (Looking for Affirmation)

• Greetings,

Correct me if I’m wrong but on page 9 of Global Pacific 2nd edition rules, it states that " An unprovoked declaration of war by Japan on the allies, United States receives a one time payment of 30 IPC". Does this mean that if Japan does so on round 2, the U.S. would receive 30 ipcs immediately which they could use to purchase units, on their turn, round 2, and then after their turn they would subsequently receive an additional 30IPC as part of their national objectives? Also if the U.S. declares war, round 3 they would not receive this one time bonus?

• @indignation To my understanding, that is correct

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@indignation said in Looking for Affirmation:

United States receives a one time payment of 30 IPC

this plays a little different than the Global game

United States receives a one time payment of 30 IPC

I think you only get the 30 bucks once

• @indignation

You can find the rulebooks for both Axis & Allies Europe 1940 2E and Axis & Allies Pacific 1940 2E here at this forum.

Just to understand your question correctly:
    You mention: Global Pacific 2E rules…

Do you mean Global - or Pacific ?

The rules are not the same.

At page 9 in the Axis & Allies Pacific 1940 2E I cannot find any rules indicating that USA collects 30 IPC when attacked by Japan.

At page 23 National Objectives and Bonus Income- the rules describe that (when at War) USA collects 30 IPC if the United States controls Western United States.

The US player collects these 30 IPC each round for as long as the US player controls Western United States.

Note:
    The US player also collects other Bonus Income - se page 23.

The Axis & Allies Global 1940 2E rules are described from page 33 in the same rulebook.

At page 37 the National Objectives & Bonus Income are described for USA.

Also, see page 39 (Additional Rules) for rules concerning all US Industrial Complexes.

Good luck & have fun:+1:

• @indignation said in Looking for Affirmation:

Greetings,

Correct me if I’m wrong but on page 9 of Global Pacific 2nd edition rules, it states that " An unprovoked declaration of war by Japan on the allies, United States receives a one time payment of 30 IPC". Does this mean that if Japan does so on round 2, the U.S. would receive 30 ipcs immediately which they could use to purchase units, on their turn, round 2, and then after their turn they would subsequently receive an additional 30IPC as part of their national objectives? Also if the U.S. declares war, round 3 they would not receive this one time bonus?

This is correct, but only for the stand-alone Pacific game. This one-time payment does not occur in the Global game (see page 37 for USA Global rules.

• @the-captain said in Looking for Affirmation:

At page 9 in the Axis & Allies Pacific 1940 2E I cannot find any rules indicating that USA collects 30 IPC when attacked by Japan.

This change was introduced in the FAQ and included in later print runs.

• Thanks Krieghund

• Hi all. I’m replying here in the hopes this bumps up the topic and keeps the answer here for future people to see.

Can I please get some additional clarification on this. From what I’ve read of the updated rules, the 30 bonus IPC happens immediately when Japan declares war on the US or unprovoked war on US’s allies. This seems to have been confirmed above.

But why wouldn’t the US then also get the 30 IPC bonus income for holding western US at the start of their turn? (getting 60 bonus IPC).

The rules for declaring war state that it’s technically not required if they declared war on you “as the two powers are already at war” (see below extract from page 11). Though I feel like this must excludes the US and they must “declare war” during their combat move despite already being at war?

“For example, if the United Kingdom declares war on Japan, a subsequent declaration of war by Japan on the United Kingdom (which is technically unnecessary, as the two powers are already at war) would be considered provoked.”

Getting 60 IPC instead of 30 is significant and game changing, I just want to understand which rule I’m missing.

Thanks all

• @lotuk said in US IPC Bonus (Looking for Affirmation):

But why wouldn’t the US then also get the 30 IPC bonus income for holding western US at the start of their turn? (getting 60 bonus IPC).

The 30 IPCs for controlling Western United States, unlike the one-time bonus for an unprovoked declaration of war by Japan, is from a National Objective. It, like all National Objective income, is collected in the Collect Income phase (at the end) of the power’s turn.

The rules for declaring war state that it’s technically not required if they declared war on you “as the two powers are already at war” (see below extract from page 11). Though I feel like this must excludes the US and they must “declare war” during their combat move despite already being at war?

No, it’s not necessary.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m