• @Krieghund:

The sculpts are sharper and of a higher quality.  Most are of the same models as before, but there are a few new ones.

I’ll have to take your word for it cause the photos so far hardly suggest it. :)

• '10

Why do you break my heart?  How can you keep hurting me when I love you so much?

This game looks awful!  With so many better AAA games to play why would I put my friends through a night of this?  Sad…

• So what’s been ‘refreshed’ about these sculpts? Looks like the same old same old to me.

I just refreshed my old set and soaked them in Lavender. try it!

sometimes plastic soldiers must luxuriate in soap… so they can perform better in battle.

I think it was a typo… they meant rehashed? :mrgreen:

• I find it amusing that there was no interest from WOTC/Hasbro/AH in presenting new sculpts or a way to get additonal units (for the Vets that is all this new version is) till FMG came along. Suddenly everything is rehashed refreshed and new games are coming with Mech. Infantry.

Funny how not being the only game on the block changes attitudes… :| :( … okay not so much changes but at least dials back a little.

• Competition is the cornerstone of all free capitalist markeds.

We can thank FMG for making WOTC awakening.

• '10

We will do what we can… Thank you!

• @a44bigdog:

Sorry new plastic “toys” are not enough for me to buy what is appearing to be a downgraded Revised. I started Wargaming with games that had cardboard counters so I really don’t get all excited over the units sculpts. Really if I was interested in how the pieces LOOKED I would buy military miniatures and paint them.

This looks like the wonderful Magic formula where you release new cards that everyone just must buy but basically do the same as the old ones.

So the map has the C. US moved to the other side of the board big deal. I could also care less if it is the terrain look of AA50. Honestly the solid colored Revised board is easier to tell who controls a territory.

Honestly, Revised is unplayable because of the solid colored board. It is hideous. At least new comers to the game have a half way decent game board to play on now. The new mold for the German cruiser is nice too.

• I’m getting this just because it’s my turn to buy the latest A&A game out of my circle. A couple guys have revised, a couple have AA50. I haven’t bought anything yet.

• @Col.Stauffenberg:

I’m getting this just because it’s my turn to buy the latest A&A game out of my circle. A couple guys have revised, a couple have AA50. I haven’t bought anything yet.

Col., maybe you should wait and get AAE1940 when it comes out soon.  Might be a better way to spend your hard earned money, especially if you guys already have AAR and AA50 in your cirlce.

Regards,
    Captain Crunch

• Use the hellcat for future games for….USA

Russian BB looks like a Monopoly piece

• or like a floating gas station.

• any chance of close up photos comparing AAR and AA1942 scuplts?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m