• Woot, the AA42 module is finished (though suggestions to map coloring etc. will still be considered), and it’s added to the AModulesPack. Have fun!

• http://www.mediafire.com/?tutmnjlvr4j

map file from July 25th post.

• @Imperious:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=15088.msg474998#msg474998

i scanned the set up sheets

Yeah, I know, I used them, many thanks!

@Imperious:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tutmnjlvr4j

map file from July 25th post.

I seem unable to download it now, but last time I checked, your map was flawed:
    -baltic states were not yet joined with Eeu
    -SZ 55 bordering to Wca
    -some other stuff, can’t recall

With Unit Gather Zone 8 I mean both its mouseover text and appropriate “flag” are missing.
    'nyway, if you find any bugs, let me know so I can fix them  8-)

• i will take a look and fix this.

• Hmm, if I remember correctly, Gibraltar was connected to Z12 too, which is not so in 1942.

• ok its fixed.

here is final:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0jj2zyunrwm

• @Imperious:

ok its fixed.

here is final:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0jj2zyunrwm

SZ 55 still is bordering to Wca, whilst on the pics of boardgamegeek, it isn’t. If you’d like your map turned into an ABattleMap module, I’ll need a smaller layered fileformat to work with, preferably .pdn.

• A very poor work from WOTC/Hasbro indeed … KJF is utterly dead (trannies don’t defend but allies get the same boats, and those baltic subs can survive to make a lot of damage too and so on) but also Polar Express with frozen Perry Channel  :-P I guess allied bid with 100% boring KGF. And luck for that KGF: trannies of the shuck doesn’t defend …

Ugh… it’s really crappy… germans can autokill canadian trannie or make a try against USA’s fleet at z10… the gib bb is now a cruiser… ouch ouch!

That’s you get when you make a hybrid copy-paste of AA50 rules and Revised setup and map. I’ll not play this even by e-mail, even the broken 1941 scenario of AA50 is way better  :|

Is this really the setup? I cannot open the file IL gave us. But after seeing chinese setup of annyversary, I can believe anything  :cry:

• The Japanese have more trannies than the Allies in a KJF, and the Allies were less likely than Japan to use their transports as fodder in big battles in Revised. KJF will only be easier, and more attractive as well - having a both a Baltic and a Med fleet in a KGF will be more costly now.

Germany must do without a bid now and sinking the German Med fleet will be a piece of cake (heck, you can kill it on UK 1 if you want to), so the Allies start with a firm control of Africa. It will be quite possible to hold on to Africa in a KJF.

I can see how there could be an Axis advantage, but I’m not sure yet and I’m definately not sure whether it will be as pronounced as you claim. Why don’t we rack up some pieces to find out? You can be Axis.

• SZ 55 still is bordering to Wca, whilst on the pics of boardgamegeek, it isn’t.

I am going by my actual map from my copy of AA42. IN it it does. From SZ 54 you can hit California, from SZ 55 the same.

• @Imperious:

SZ 55 still is bordering to Wca, whilst on the pics of boardgamegeek, it isn’t.

I am going by my actual map from my copy of AA42. IN it it does. From SZ 54 you can hit California, from SZ 55 the same.

You’re right, but it’s not what I said. I said Sea Zone 55 is bordering to West-Canada on your map, whereas on the pics of the map on boardgamegeek, it doesn’t. The only Sea Zone bordering to West-Canada is Sea Zone 64. Check your actual copy of AA42 whether I’m right or not :|

• Is this really the setup? I cannot open the file IL gave us. But after seeing chinese setup of annyversary, I can believe anything

I scanned it directly from the card in the box. How much proof do you need that these are the real set up sheets?

I will check my map and make corrections. You should be able to open it because its a PDF. Get Adobe reader 9 which is free.

• OK i have spent some time proofing. I think this is the final. I fixed everything and yes your correct as usual. I am not detail oriented in this respect, but at least its correct now. :mrgreen:

You can go ahead and convert to battlemap or what not. Just credit me: Imperious Leader

http://www.mediafire.com/?n3nwlmkwjlg

• @KGB:

The Japanese have more trannies than the Allies in a KJF, and the Allies were less likely than Japan to use their transports as fodder in big battles in Revised. KJF will only be easier, and more attractive as well - having a both a Baltic and a Med fleet in a KGF will be more costly now.

In a Revised KJF, allies need join their fleets to survive Luftwaffe. Since USA will be sending most of their income to Pacific, no new ships will be sent as defense. So, in Revised, we usually had at start:

• UK bb from z2
    • 2 UK trannies (maybe 1 if germans attacked canadian one with z8 sub)
    • Soviet sub
    • 2 tra and 1 dd (USA)

8 hit points, 11 defense points, and usually Baltic fleet was dead UK1 or UK2

In AA42 we have

• Soviet sub useless against Luftwaffe, marginal use against german surviving subs
    • Trannies useles as fodder, you will lost 1 if germans attack the canadian one
    • Germans could attack or USA’s z10 fleet or UK’s BB at z2

So, we have, as best, 1 UK bb, 1 USA cr: 3 hit points, 7 defense points. That as best. You’ll probably lose one of the trannies unless germans want use the sub against UK bb+soviet sub, and that can hurt anyway. You still have to buy one dd or those surviving subs will toast you next round (Baltic subs should be sent to z7 to annoy allies). You need buy at least 2 or 3 defending ships AND some trannies if you want do something with UK, and you cannot do that and buy any IC round 1. SAF IC is vital in case of KJF, and must be built round 1. You only have 15 IPCs to buy boats if you want defend Africa

Even worst: the dd and the tra from Baltic will be toasted, sure. But those 2 subs will exit to z7 to menace allied builds. Germany could buy 2 subs, 8 inf, 1 art G1 and make a solid menace against UK’s fleet round 2 or 3. Or they could buy the old AC anyway and conserve the Baltic fleet. In fact, I wonder if that AC or the subs will be a basic tactic G1

The shuck for KGF is also damaged by the same reasons: it will start later and it will have less defense. It will have to stick join UK and USA fleets. Soon or later, Luftwafe could make a try, specially if still has some subs as fodder. More than that: any fig bought by germans force allies to buy at least 1 dd, and probably a cruiser if they want be safe. And if the AC is built, with so few starting, it will pass ages until UK finally destroy Kriegsmarine

• OK, I have seen a thing: maybe Egypt attack is risky now because you can attack italian fleet with fig (z35), bomb (England). But there another nasty combo: attack Gibraltar instead and menace a joint fleet or a Sea Lion with the built AC: there is no place to hide your fleet

• @KGB:

I can see how there could be an Axis advantage, but I’m not sure yet and I’m definately not sure whether it will be as pronounced as you claim. Why don’t we rack up some pieces to find out? You can be Axis.

Why not? I’m axis, of course  :-D Just start USSR1 when you want. This time, I’ll not need bid I fear. Anyway it will be a testing game, AA50 is far superior

AABattlemap, normal dices. LL alters the game dinamic too much to serve as testing tool. 9 VCs

I think AA42 uses AA50 unit values and rules, so basically we are playing this setup with AA50 rules, true?

• @Imperious:

OK i have spent some time proofing. I think this is the final. I fixed everything and yes your correct as usual. I am not detail oriented in this respect, but at least its correct now. :mrgreen:

You can go ahead and convert to battlemap or what not. Just credit me: Imperious Leader

http://www.mediafire.com/?n3nwlmkwjlg

Lol, I’m VERY detail oriented :evil: For instance, your China has another color than USA, which is strange in AA42. And your USA territories don’t have the background all the other land territories have.

Now, about ABattleMap modules: I’ve made a working one, but it’s fun as in functional and not as in fun to look at. Your map is both, but it’s impossible to make a module out of your .pdf file; I also need a matching file with only the borders of the different territories present to make a module. If you’d like to be credited, you’re gonna have to send me either the “borders” file, or a layered file format version of your map (so no .pdf). Otherwise, credits of map design go to me  :-P

• Holkann I would advise against trying to get too artistic with the AA42 module. The reason being is the size of the map on monitors and that artistic details in the background sometimes obscure the unit numbers. Honestly for battlemap I feel that plain solid colored territories work the best. With an actual printed map which is ILs goal for his maps these items are not issues.

• If you want my map more plain i can do this.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m