Important Announcement: Larry Harris confirms existence of 2 new AA games!!

• Official Q&A

Things change.  Maybe all that noise you guys have been making about getting advance information is having an effect.

• Christmas for AAP40

Summer 2010 for AAE40

• updated. and yes i also think that something has happened as a result of our ‘noise’.

WOTC may be waking up.

• @Shakespeare:

Christmas for AAP40

Summer 2010 for AAE40

Why dont they release both games in the same time ? I got a heart condition and might not be around next summer, for christ sake. I also do mountain climbing without a rope.

• Official Q&A

Well, I guess we could hold Pacific until next summer also, if you really want.  :wink:

• I got a heart condition and might not be around next summer, for christ sake.

You working that again?  Last time you did it it was with deluxe AA.  :mrgreen:

• The two new games announced will be the updated/ re-done versions of A&A Europe and A&A Pacific. The older versions of these games are not being produced anymore, even Revised will be a collectible now since A&A1942 will be replacing it. Sadly, I never got to play Pacific, and was thinking about buying a copy today, but I can’t find the game for a reasonable price anywhere. Just as the Anniversary Edition is going for top dollar, Pacific, Europe, and Revised are following suit since these three new A&A games will be coming out in the next year. Exciting!, but I am a bit nostalgic when the older board games get replaced. *sigh

• Customizer

The Italians will pretty much be the same as found in Anniversary.

But a different colour, please…

Mechanized infantry (1/2/2 – cost 4) will be represented with half-tracks. Allies M-3’s and Axis powers will use the SdKfz 251. Oh, and Russia has its own half track as well (if I remember correctly).

This is a bit strange considering the Soviets reliance on American built transport.

You can invade Sweden or any neutral country frankly. There will be three types of neutrals… True neutrals, Pro-Axis and Pro-Allies. Their standing armies will be listed on the map and appear should they be attacked. Invade Sweden, a true neutral, and perhaps all the other True neutrals become pro-something else. Get my drift?

This is very promising.  But remember that some (like Spain) have several territories.  But I hardly think Switzerland is going to declare war on Germany because it invaded Turkey…

Yes there will be an ANZAC power – It will/can be, controlled by a dedicated player.

Potty. A & NZ were under UK direction until spring '42, then under US control.

There are no specific neutral pieces. Neutral territories will be represented on the map in one of 3 possible colors. The specific color depends on their neutrality status.

Three more colours? Turquoise?  Indigo?  Cerise? 
    It seems more sensible to have just one neutral set, and replace the pieces with those of whoever takes over the country when violated by the other alliance.

France gets its national tokens… it gets its colonies that are all over Africa in AAE and a couple of places in the AAP game (French Indo-China and New Hebrides) It has its own dedicated colored units. If captured by the initial German blitzkrieg its surviving units are controlled by one of the allied players – probably the British player. If France is liberated it recovers its liberated factories and goes back to war against the axis as any major power would.

What about Vichy?  After the fall Vichy controlled southern France and large areas of North Africa; this has to be included.

By the way… AAE40 begins shortly after Dunkirk. Germany, on its first turn will probably be launching the Battle of France. Belgium, Holland, Denmark and Norway have just been successfully invaded and are occupied. AAP40 will also begin at around that same period (19 months before Pear Harbor). The Japanese can attack any time, but are they really ready? As the controlling Japanese player you decide when and how."

Eh? After Dunkirk the war in France was as good as over.

• Founder TripleA Admin

When posting information, please link back to the source.

If you come out and say the release date is Christmas 2009 with no link and no information about the source, then it is a rumor.

• Is it necessary to have France in the game at all if we are going post Dunkirk?

I understand that the conquest of France can be seen as split tactically between the initial Blitzkrieg through the Ardennes to Abbeville and the coast and then the much more convential mopping up of the Battle of France (during which time the Germans reverted to much more Poland like tactics). Therefore it just makes me wonder what this game will be like…

I’m not sure. I think that the further we go from the Axis high water mark the more complications come into play. For instance - without ridiculous numbers of pieces how will the Battle of Britain be simulated? Radar stations? Convoys? Airfields? London? Also - going immediately post Dunkirk leaves the Germans no alternative but to wheel round and attack Russia like they do in AAE anyway. Unless you figure in the non-agression pact and restrict the Russian player from breaking it. In which case - why have a Russian player?

I’m skeptical - sorry. I know it’s all a bit negative - but if you pull this one off you’ll be a genius!

• @Larry:

France has its own dedicated colored units.

But only the French infantry will get a nation specific sculpt.

I guess the French navy will use the same molds as the new “1942 ed” Russian navy ?

And of course the artillery will be the regulare allied one.

Tanks ? fighters ?

• @Adlertag:

Yes. This was necessary as the other infantry sculpts did not have both of their arms raised.

• @allboxcars:

@Adlertag:

Yes. This was necessary as the other infantry sculpts did not have both of their arms raised.

No you got this all wrong. The French did put up a fight, but the Germans was too strong and too lucky with the dice. Look at the capture rate and loss in % of force, then you see the French fighted better than the russians.

It is

• yes right as usual.

They also had a horrible plan ( thinking Germans are doing one thing when they do another) and a horrible military doctrine ( making a wall that goes half way along the border and thinking its enough).

The elan of French troops was not ready for a fight. They remember what happened the last time.

• Yes now all these extra pieces will have a real job to do!

I love the divebomber 3-3-4-11 and with a tank attacks at 4 and Vs. naval gets to pick its hit on first round… this is really brilliant!!!

• My pc frooze yesterday, try again now. The most combat effective forces was the germans, then the americans, then the brits, the french, the russians and the italians at bottom. Look at the TDI-reports at DUPUY INSTITUTE (IL please dont klick on “employment opportunities”, we need you here)

It is the “neutral” Swedish infantry sculpts that need to stick’em up and waving a white flag. Remember the Psilander incident in 40, when 4 swedish cruisers was sailing from Mediterranean home to Sweden, and outside UK they surrendered without a fight. The germans just grabbed all the iron ore they could carry from Sweden, and also used the swedish railroads to transport german troops. After the war, Stalin did the same. The swedes are what we call “push over’ss”, they never stand up and fight whatsoever. Last year Sweden arranged Davis Cup, but some muslims made a riot because of Israel and the swedish police was so afreid they didnt dare stop the riots, and the Davis Cup was closed. Thanks to swedish morale.

I think the swedish units should be yellow, with arms raised, and a white flag. Or just keep Sweden an open territory that anybody may use at will.

• So will there be 3 setups and 3 different rule sets?
    AAE1940 Setup and Rules
    AAP1940 Setup and Rules
    AAWorld Game 1940 Setup and Rules
    Also will the world game cover the entire globe and be entirely seamless where the you can move between boards and such with no problem?

• Official Q&A

The rules will be pretty much the same for the Europe and Pacific games.  There may be some additional rules and setup pieces added on for the combined game.  The combined game will be seamless.

• Sounds amazing.  It sounds like this game could blow AA50 out of the water! I figure together it will cover the entire world.  AAE40 will probably cover Europe, Africa, Most of the USSR, and Eastern Europe while AAP40 will cover Western USA to India to Eastern Russia to the entire Pacific.  My guess is the boards meet up somewhere around the Persian area and both ends of the map are West USA and Eastern USA respectively. 
    This game could be huge.  I just hope I have enough table space for it.
    It would be sweet if I had one of those WW2 type tables and I moved my troops around with a craps stick like they do in the movies.

• look at the fact sheet on this.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m