Important Announcement: Larry Harris confirms existence of 2 new AA games!!

• done for the most part.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I’ve created a news story for it too.

http://www.axisandallies.org/node/356

• '10

This is what we have been waiting for!!!  Thank you Larry!

• This is just a rumor. Larry dont make this games, WOTC does. When Greg Leeds confirm this, then I will belive it.

• sorry to be a party pooper  :-(

• Official Q&A

I think you should believe it.

• @Krieghund:

I think you should believe it.

I think Larry has some non-disclosure agreement, or other kind of condition with WOTC, that prevent him from telling about future games. He never told anything about BotB, Guad nor AA50 Ann nor this new 1942 edition before they was released, so why do he tell about this new Europe/Pacific game ? HUH ? Beats me.

• I think Larry tell this just to tease IL

• Official Q&A

Things change.  Maybe all that noise you guys have been making about getting advance information is having an effect.

• Christmas for AAP40

Summer 2010 for AAE40

• updated. and yes i also think that something has happened as a result of our ‘noise’.

WOTC may be waking up.

• @Shakespeare:

Christmas for AAP40

Summer 2010 for AAE40

Why dont they release both games in the same time ? I got a heart condition and might not be around next summer, for christ sake. I also do mountain climbing without a rope.

• Official Q&A

Well, I guess we could hold Pacific until next summer also, if you really want.  :wink:

• I got a heart condition and might not be around next summer, for christ sake.

You working that again?  Last time you did it it was with deluxe AA.  :mrgreen:

• The two new games announced will be the updated/ re-done versions of A&A Europe and A&A Pacific. The older versions of these games are not being produced anymore, even Revised will be a collectible now since A&A1942 will be replacing it. Sadly, I never got to play Pacific, and was thinking about buying a copy today, but I can’t find the game for a reasonable price anywhere. Just as the Anniversary Edition is going for top dollar, Pacific, Europe, and Revised are following suit since these three new A&A games will be coming out in the next year. Exciting!, but I am a bit nostalgic when the older board games get replaced. *sigh

• Customizer

The Italians will pretty much be the same as found in Anniversary.

But a different colour, please…

Mechanized infantry (1/2/2 – cost 4) will be represented with half-tracks. Allies M-3’s and Axis powers will use the SdKfz 251. Oh, and Russia has its own half track as well (if I remember correctly).

This is a bit strange considering the Soviets reliance on American built transport.

You can invade Sweden or any neutral country frankly. There will be three types of neutrals… True neutrals, Pro-Axis and Pro-Allies. Their standing armies will be listed on the map and appear should they be attacked. Invade Sweden, a true neutral, and perhaps all the other True neutrals become pro-something else. Get my drift?

This is very promising.  But remember that some (like Spain) have several territories.  But I hardly think Switzerland is going to declare war on Germany because it invaded Turkey…

Yes there will be an ANZAC power – It will/can be, controlled by a dedicated player.

Potty. A & NZ were under UK direction until spring '42, then under US control.

There are no specific neutral pieces. Neutral territories will be represented on the map in one of 3 possible colors. The specific color depends on their neutrality status.

Three more colours? Turquoise?  Indigo?  Cerise? 
    It seems more sensible to have just one neutral set, and replace the pieces with those of whoever takes over the country when violated by the other alliance.

France gets its national tokens… it gets its colonies that are all over Africa in AAE and a couple of places in the AAP game (French Indo-China and New Hebrides) It has its own dedicated colored units. If captured by the initial German blitzkrieg its surviving units are controlled by one of the allied players – probably the British player. If France is liberated it recovers its liberated factories and goes back to war against the axis as any major power would.

What about Vichy?  After the fall Vichy controlled southern France and large areas of North Africa; this has to be included.

By the way… AAE40 begins shortly after Dunkirk. Germany, on its first turn will probably be launching the Battle of France. Belgium, Holland, Denmark and Norway have just been successfully invaded and are occupied. AAP40 will also begin at around that same period (19 months before Pear Harbor). The Japanese can attack any time, but are they really ready? As the controlling Japanese player you decide when and how."

Eh? After Dunkirk the war in France was as good as over.

• Founder TripleA Admin

When posting information, please link back to the source.

If you come out and say the release date is Christmas 2009 with no link and no information about the source, then it is a rumor.

• Is it necessary to have France in the game at all if we are going post Dunkirk?

I understand that the conquest of France can be seen as split tactically between the initial Blitzkrieg through the Ardennes to Abbeville and the coast and then the much more convential mopping up of the Battle of France (during which time the Germans reverted to much more Poland like tactics). Therefore it just makes me wonder what this game will be like…

I’m not sure. I think that the further we go from the Axis high water mark the more complications come into play. For instance - without ridiculous numbers of pieces how will the Battle of Britain be simulated? Radar stations? Convoys? Airfields? London? Also - going immediately post Dunkirk leaves the Germans no alternative but to wheel round and attack Russia like they do in AAE anyway. Unless you figure in the non-agression pact and restrict the Russian player from breaking it. In which case - why have a Russian player?

I’m skeptical - sorry. I know it’s all a bit negative - but if you pull this one off you’ll be a genius!

• @Larry:

France has its own dedicated colored units.

But only the French infantry will get a nation specific sculpt.

I guess the French navy will use the same molds as the new “1942 ed” Russian navy ?

And of course the artillery will be the regulare allied one.

Tanks ? fighters ?

• @Adlertag:

But only the French infantry will get a nation specific sculpt.

Yes. This was necessary as the other infantry sculpts did not have both of their arms raised.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m