• @questioneer:

This AA42 game looks absolutely pathetic.  It is a very “cheap” version of AA50.

Indeed, it’s a very cheap version of Revised. Almost the same territories, no tech, no NOs … not deserve buying even if it’s your 1st A&A (buy Revised instead). The pieces are not valuable for me, I have more that I need after buying Europe, Pacific, Revised, AA50 and Bulge

I may be wrong, but probably it doesn’t deserve even being played by mail

• For God sake let me post some pic of the plastic, mate

are we happy now ?

• the russian battleship looks like it has already taken a hit mid-ship

• @Adlertag:

the russian battleship looks like it has already taken a hit mid-ship

Why waste money making a new mold of a Russian battleship, a unit no one will ever buy except as a joke??

• @squirecam:

Why waste money making a new mold of a Russian battleship, a unit no one will ever buy except as a joke??

I dont know ? That or “Nice Rack”.

• Please everyone do not buy this game. Its painfully obviouse they dont give a rats ass about putting out a good quality product so dont reward them for it. If its the last Axis and Allies game so be it but dont help them!!!

• '10

@questioneer:

Wow, thanks for the pics.  I was gonna buy 3 of these, now I will only buy 1 for a cheap price.  I will mainly use it for extra new sculpt pieces for my AA50 game.

I am pretty disappointed, I will probably try this game here at the forums with the new rules but I am afraid to say this is a real debbie downer from AA50.

This AA42 game looks absolutely pathetic.  It is a very “cheap” version of AA50.

New sculpts- hardly.  The map is ugly (country sizes and borders- not art).

If they keep this up WOTC is going to run AA into the ground. :|

I said months ago that if you had AA50 why would you want this….besides even if you didnt you can still pbf…no money ,no tech ,no NO’s…NO DICE

I think our Italian friends will be especially pissed off…Italy dosent even have an IPC number on it. Maybe it is worth a piece of provelone or soppresatta ?  What do you think Romulus???

• @eaglex72:

Is the map smaller then the Revised Edition map?

sigh and gee, THAT’s what the game needed  :-(

And if the lack of IPCs wasn’t cheap enough… I think I’d actually be embarrassed to take that battle board… strip, whatever it is, out of the box.

• Altertag wrote that the american fighter and british battleship are new sculpts. They look exactly the same to me. I have all the A&A games and I would of got this one for great new sculpts alone but, I don’t know if I need this one.

• I don’t get the no money thing.  If you don’t spend it you lose it?  If they are after new players than this alone will be enough to upset a new player.  I now need to track down a pencil and piece of paper to keep track of my money.  Hmmm.  I am relatively new to the AA world (about 9 months) but have played many versions so far.  I am confused by this.

EDIT:  I see it is recorded instead of having money.  Now I feel like a heal because I actually like that idea.  :oops:

• You write down who has what and keep track of it.

Its easier to write a number than to dish out little pieces of paper , collect them, and dish them out again and again. waste.

• '10

I always liked the idea of having money…  sometimes you can save a buck here and there for need in the future.  Also, if you have to leave a game in our group we just put our IPCs in our pcs containers and come back later.  We have never used the IPC marker boards included because any regular player can calculate IPC value at a glance…

Its just my opinion…  but I like having the money.

Today is a sad day for me, now I don’t have this game to look forward to.  :cry:

• Just use the IPCs from other games, I own enough AA games that I have at least 5 new IPCs (in shrink wrap) that I can use.  Or just print your own or make your own electronic IPC like they have for Monopoly!  I would pay money for that.

Something that has memory so that it records your purchases!

• With the power of plastic today (visa) just use your debt card! Ok maybe that’s not so funny. I do have an old credit card terminal laying around.

• '10

Any news about the setup?

• Customizer

I’m stunned that the Russians get their own fleet scuplts in this game that is less than half the price of AA50, but the Italians had to share the German sculpts in AA50.

Intersting choices that Avalon Hill makes.

I am glad they redid the German cruiser, though.  Need to see a better picture of it, though.

And the British battleship is redone?  I It is stated that it is, but I can’t tell in the pics.  What is it supposed to be now?  KGV?

Cheers

• Official Q&A

I don’t believe that the UK battleship has changed.

• It has not. Just the Soviets

• Customizer

It is from post #8. If this is not so, then what new sculpts are there, then?

Cheers

@Adlertag:

NEW SCULPTS

russian battleship
    japanese artillery
    german cruiser
    american fighter
    british battleship

• Official Q&A

Japanese artillery; German cruiser; Soviet battleship, cruiser and destroyer

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m