• Some of the new sculpts are the russian battleship, destroyer and cruiser. Look at this pics of russian and british units, you easy see they are different.

as you see, Russia dont come with tanks in this edition

• New russian battleship, cruiser and destroyer mold, units that will never be used.

And the old artillery pieces is the same, and used by USA, UK and Russia.

Go figure.

It seems like the playtesters at WOTC have a different playing habit than the regulare players. If you are Russia, then buy a navy. I will follow suite and do as IL, paint them brown and use them with Italy in AA50

• Japan get new artillery

• @Adlertag:

Also in aa42, Russia dont come with a tank.

WTF

this game blows

at least the people at WOTC will burn in hell

• New German cruiser, that looks very like the German battleship

• please tell me you’re kidding. the russians don’t come with tanks?  :?

worst … game … ever?

• For some strange reason, US ditched the Hellcat and now sports the P38

the p38 looks good on the carrier, as always

• no one buy this crap, it will just encourage WOTC crap out more junk

• @tin_snips:

please tell me you’re kidding. the russians don’t come with tanks?  :?

worst … game … ever?

I guess the playtesters at WOTC got fed up with the russian tank push against Berlin in every game. In this edition they want russia to buy a navy.

• so it seems. well, thanks for the pics mate

they will stop me from screaming out in anguish if i ever see the game in-store and examine the back of the box  :-D

• the p38 looks good on the carrier, as always

but the chimp picture has the AA50 US fighter!  Yep chimps at work.

I am sure they have a Soviet tank. The guy just forgot to post it. No chimp is that stupid to make a mistake like that.

Baboon perhaps, but not chimp.

• No Russian tanks.

Actually, seeing how this is a complete repackaging of AA:Revised minus  neat things like money, a battle board, or enough chips, the playtesters realized that previous iterations of A&A favored the Allies.  This is their creative attempt at balancing the playing field.

• @Imperious:

I am sure they have a Soviet tank. The guy just forgot to post it. No chimp is that stupid to make a mistake like that.

While I wouldn’t want to underestimate the chimps’ potential for stupidity… yep there’s a Soviet tank. 2 in Russia apparently.
    The reviewer omitted it from the picture in error.

• It looks like the german tank has been made skinny. :|  I’m hoping the russian tank has been fixed with a new sculpt.

• @MattB:

It looks like the german tank has been made skinny. :|  I’m hoping the russian tank has been fixed with a new sculpt.

All pieces looks good enough to me, mate

• Wondering- if confirmed, Exactly how many of each of the “new units” to you get? (Russian battleships, destroyers, crusiers, Jap art, US P-38, German crusiers)
    :?

• Sorry new plastic “toys” are not enough for me to buy what is appearing to be a downgraded Revised. I started Wargaming with games that had cardboard counters so I really don’t get all excited over the units sculpts. Really if I was interested in how the pieces LOOKED I would buy military miniatures and paint them.

This looks like the wonderful Magic formula where you release new cards that everyone just must buy but basically do the same as the old ones.

So the map has the C. US moved to the other side of the board big deal. I could also care less if it is the terrain look of AA50. Honestly the solid colored Revised board is easier to tell who controls a territory.

• I’ll buy them just to have more pieces.  I’m constantly running short of tanks for the Japanese and British and it would be good to have a variety of different looking models too.

• So what’s been ‘refreshed’ about these sculpts? Looks like the same old same old to me.

• Official Q&A

The sculpts are sharper and of a higher quality.  Most are of the same models as before, but there are a few new ones.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m