Monroe Doctrine violation and US response to do it while under 63 dollars.

• We’re not in a situation yet but it is being talked about because we can see it coming.

How exactly do you handle the US responding to a Monroe Doctrine violation?

The rule state that if the US is making 62 dollars or less, they cannot move their fleet from their starting sea zones. Yet if Monroe Doctrine is violated, the US is 100% allowed to respond to the violation until it’s completed.

So lets say some nation invades a South American country. US can go down their on their turn and take care of the problem.

What happens now? Does the US units just sit there until 63 dollars is being made or does the ship must sail back to their starting positions?

• I think that both options are possible.

You can leave your units where they went for Monroe Doctrine purposes until or take them back home.

Note that reaching 50 IPP does not open all movement options yet.

• @noneshallpass 63 dollars allow you to move ships from west coast to east cost. Which gives you basically freedom of movement for a peaceful nation.

• @caesar-seriona No, that is not until 63.
    50 only allows you to fight EuroAxis ships within 2 SZs of the US.
    You can NCM ships (provided they are adjacent to US Land zones) at 35.
    Note that combat move is not required to end next to a US Land zone (See FAQ)

• @trig I fixed the post so you can delete if you wish but I am not surprised they didn’t address how to handle this.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m