What if the Soviet Union joined the Axis and Japan joined the Allies (well really Japan erupting into an Imperial Civil War)?

• 2024 2023 '22

@all-encompassing-goose

Nope! My house rules are intended to be as historically accurate as possible, and even with the house rules mentioned here, I tried to make the side switched plausible, and the rules realistic-of course, sometimes I just like to mess with the rules, like these rules:

Crazy Axis And Allies side switch.pdf

Also, welcome to the forum!

• 2024 2023 '22

@superbattleshipyamato

Surprise, surprise! Berlin is saved-not like it matters, as the US can simply go at it again next turn. The Axis have long lost the attrition war by now. I thought it would be good to share an order of battle and losses:

US forces (on the attack): 6 infantry, 7 tanks, 1 strategic bomber (with the heavy bomber research and development addition)

German forces (on the defence): 18 infantry

Total losses:

Germany: 13 infantry or 39 IPC loss-5 infantry, or 15 IPCs left.

US: 6 infantry, 7 tanks, 1 strategic bomber or 72 IPC loss-no units survive.

Or course, the IPC loss ratio advantage that Germany has doesn’t matter when the US has 3 times the amount of IPCs
    Germany has and the combined Allies have at least double the Axis (maybe more or less, I haven’t counted it exactly).

• @superbattleshipyamato should of sent more planes and used a battle calculator (unless that is prohibited in your group) because if I was US I would force Germany to sue for peace and end the game because in the end, Axis stand no chance anymore from the looks of it.

• 2024 2023 '22

@all-encompassing-goose

They don’t stand a chance-but if you saw my victory conditions, Berlin has to be taken. I should have used a battle calculator-I used it to calculate an attack on Berlin, but I think units slated to attack were diverted for operations in Soviet Union-such as the use of two strategic bombers to attack Soviet infantry in Leningrad, so France could capture it. Also, I always play against myself, as I don’t have anyone to play with most of the time.

• @all-encompassing-goose

I used a battle calculator-I really should have checked:E10B5C4A-648D-4F53-AAA1-5FBC958A936A.jpeg

• @superbattleshipyamato it okays:smile: you said yourself that you would take it back because of your income advantage so no big deal

• 2024 2023 '22

@all-encompassing-goose

Exactly. It might even be a good thing, as it allows the Allies to capture more Soviet territory, which might have an impact post war.

• 2024 2023 '22

@all-encompassing-goose

One American, one British, and one French assault against Berlin, all failed. After that 5 German infantry failed to destroy two American strategic bombers and one ANZAC strategic bomber. Only the ANZAC unit was lost, for the loss of five German infantry. An American assault after the battle finally succeeded in capturing Berlin, allowing the Allies to focus in the Soviet Union, a still potent force, with the Allies still unable to capture Leningrad and push the Soviets out of the Middle East. The Allies have great success in the important south, capturing Stalingrad, and cutting off the Soviet Union’s Middle Eastern holdings. Soviet industrial complexes are a problem in the new Middle Eastern Campaign, however, and India is still under Soviet control. With the fall of Berlin, Stalin, with his declining health, realises that a peace treaty must be signed as soon as possible to help the Soviets keep as much land as possible?

• @superbattleshipyamato I say Stalin should sign a peace deal, possibly bargaining off India for control of the Middle East (atleast most of it)

It will just depend what territories both sides control at the end of the war.

• 2024 2023 '22

@all-encompassing-goose

The game ended two days ago. The Soviets launched a final offensive in Belarus which succeeded, but the Americans, despite being deficient in ground troops (with most of them not on the frontline yet, as the Americans were focused on Berlin), used their air power to blow holes in the Soviet defences, allowing the massive British Army to occupy territory. In the final turn (last turn, not last round), the US used all of their aircraft to destroy 35 IPCs worth of Soviet reinforcements, everything they bought for one turn. If it wasn’t Khrushchev making a peace treaty just in time, the British flag would be over the Kremlin. The ANZACs liberated India, although the Soviets still control western Middle East (Syria, Trans-Jordan, Northwest Persia, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia) but important Turkey is not controlled and the Soviets lost access to the Black Sea, but not the Baltic or the Arctic. Funny enough, Germany, even after losing Berlin, plowed through Africa, controlling all of North Africa besides Morocco, all of French Sub Saharan Africa, Nigeria, Southwest Africa, Tanganyika territory, Ethiopia (but not Somalia), Mozambique, the Union Of South Africa, and Anglo Egyptian Sudan. Funny enough, due to a lack of Allied attention in Scandinavia, one Soviet infantry was able to capture Finland and Sweden. The post war division of spheres of influence by the Allies is as follows:

The US, who did some of the hardest fighting, control the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, all of Germany, Austria, Poland, Yugoslavia, Crete, Kazakhstan, the Caucasus, and the newly created Czech Republic.

The British greatly benefited from American air power, marching into a lot of unoccupied territories, with their sphere of influence stretching across Romania (including Bessarabia), Slovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Greece, Russia’s coast to the Black Sea (including Rostov), all of Ukraine, central Persia (the territory that is worth 2 IPCs), the territories Bryansk and Tambov, and Norway.

Allied Japan controls all of Mongolia, all Soviet territories on the Pacific board, Eastern Persia, Afghanistan, and the territory Novosibirsk.

The French, who lost in the first year of the war, don’t get anything, and the ANZACs are too distant to claim anything, and the Chinese can’t get anything without moving past their borders (which they couldn’t).

The game ended, with my way of tracking, in Early 1953 (using the Captain’s timeline, Late 1952).

• @superbattleshipyamato 🤤 sounded like lots of fun! We need more diplomacy/roleplay type scenarios because the peace treaties and stuff are really cool. Just a thought: I wonder if there are any R&D rules that go up to late-cold war tech. As like some sort of Axis and allies variant, there can be a “1932 Global” where the adjective is to rewrite history.

Want to make the French join the Soviets? Sure! (Have a diplomacy table like GW14 or roleplay negotiations) and have a German-UK alliance with alien soldiers from Switzerland-- and the United States being like: We are the League of Nations, I will declare war on the Soviets/French"

Japan: Empire!!!
    China: Communist uprising ooPs

• 2024 2023 '22

@all-encompassing-goose

Axis And Allies 1932 seems too unbalanced for me. This was before the Nazis rose to power, and if the game is set in 1938 or 1939, the Nazis will just be killed by the Western Allies-if a game needs to be balanced, the earliest date that can be done is the date that the 1940 game starts with, when the French Army, the biggest threat to Germany, is more or less destroyed. I guess an early 1940 game, after German troops redeployed from Poland, could work.

The political aspect of the war has always been interesting to me. Whilst players simply making deals can work, I feel like it can be better, but I don’t know how. Having shifting alliances, however it’s done, can be a lot of fun though, as it adds a lot of unpredictably to the game, and can make the situation like Diplomacy (which I never played, I’m just basing it off of what I read).

Late war research and development sounds like a good idea, especially as military technology would have advanced faster than real life, as all countries would be at war, trying to advance technology as fast as possible. Nuclear weapons seem interesting, as I explore in this topic:

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/37409/nuclear-bomb-addition-for-axis-and-allies-global-1940/4

Switching sides, especially if they already are at the start of the game and can continue to change, can make the war last a really long time, and can make it crazy and fun-I wonder how will victory conditions work though?

• This post is deleted!

• @superbattleshipyamato Hi uhh… your message didnt update so I only saw your first sentence XDD sorry for the other reply…

Let me try sending it again:

@all-encompassing-goose

Axis And Allies 1932 seems too unbalanced for me. This was before the Nazis rose to power, and if the game is set in 1938 or 1939, the Nazis will just be killed by the Western Allies-if a game needs to be balanced, the earliest date that can be done is the date that the 1940 game starts with, when the French Army, the biggest threat to Germany, is more or less destroyed. I guess an early 1940 game, after German troops redeployed from Poland, could work.

The political aspect of the war has always been interesting to me. Whilst players simply making deals can work, I feel like it can be better, but I don’t know how. Having shifting alliances, however it’s done, can be a lot of fun though, as it adds a lot of unpredictably to the game, and can make the situation like Diplomacy (which I never played, I’m just basing it off of what I read).

Late war research and development sounds like a good idea, especially as military technology would have advanced faster than real life, as all countries would be at war, trying to advance technology as fast as possible. Nuclear weapons seem interesting, as I explore in this topic:

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/37409/nuclear-bomb-addition-for-axis-and-allies-global-1940/4

Switching sides, especially if they already are at the start of the game and can continue to change, can make the war last a really long time, and can make it crazy and fun-I wonder how will victory conditions work though?

• S SuperbattleshipYamato referenced this topic on
  • S SuperbattleshipYamato referenced this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m