Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3

• Moving back the tr is wise. It won’t accomplish much grabbing another island anyway. This is when it shows the inf on NG saves ANZAC a tr.

I would say that there’s never really any call for ANZAC to build carriers. If they have surplus income it’s better to build another mIC and then being able to produce 6 units.

Building subs, des, trannies, figs (perhaps 1 or 2 tac as well) and enough land-units to keep home base safe and feeding the amphis. That’s atleast my strategy with ANZAC, using the american carriers for its air.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I’m not sure I agree with a mIC for ANZACs, especially in the first 6 rounds of the war. They will be above 18 IPCs only intermittently, so the second mIC is rarely used to capacity and in those cases only for 6 inf, which have minimal value for the Pacific war.

If they are buying more useful naval and air units, then they can only afford 2-3 at a time. Sure, putting the units in SZ54 has better tempo than SZ62, but that is only important in the later phases of the game.

I find that I end up buying a mIC only after a few rounds of invading DEI (i.e., Turns 8+) and have had to buy several inf just to have ground troops, and want the tempo back to push against Japan. But at that point, I’m winning (or at least aggressive) in the Pacific.

• Oh, I agree with that. Didn’t really advice to buy a mIC at first opportunity.

Point was rather that with i e 18 IPC I’d prefer 3 subs over 1 cr and with 16 IPC I’d prefer 2 des or 1 tr, 1 des or 1 sub, 1 fig.

However, perhaps it’s a matter of taste? On my behalf I just try to give my share of tutoring, not aiming to set any traps.

• With ”surplus income” I meant that it’s steadily more money than they can use, like more than 24 or something, and not just temporarily. This would not happen early on.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@trulpen And I wasn’t / (didn’t mean to) imply that you were. Just giving my $0.02 as well.

• '22

We await Hitler moves

:)

• '22

news?

:)

• Hitler is hiding in the bunker, but will show his ugly mustache eventually.

• '22

@trulpen said in Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3:

Hitler is hiding in the bunker, but will show his ugly mustache eventually.

it is still early to hide in the bunker

ahah

• This Hitler is a bit chicken.

• @trulpen said in Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3:

This Hitler is a bit chicken.

Actually, half man, half dictator, half chicken. :baby_chick:

• Think I might be back now. Hopefully we can continue after half a year.

Subs are a great purchase for ANZAC.

Missed to do an SBR on Egypt. Will roll it here. Going in with 1 sb and 3 figs, so assume no intercept.

• aa in Egypt

[dice 1d6<=1]

• 1d6<=1: 5; Hits: 0

• SBR in Egypt (try to add +2 and see if it works).

[dice 1d6+2]

• 1d6+2: 5; Sum: 7

• Cool. It worked.

• Tutor trulpen vs Avner (+23) BM3.tsvg

Game History

Round: 3

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans

Germans buy 1 airfield and 9 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Politics - Germans

Germans takes Political Action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians

Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Germans and Russians from Neutrality to War

Combat Move - Germans

1 infantry moved from Finland to Karelia

Germans take Karelia from Russians

1 infantry moved from Finland to Vyborg

Germans take Vyborg from Russians

2 infantry moved from Western Germany to 112 Sea Zone

2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 112 Sea Zone to 127 Sea Zone

2 infantry moved from 127 Sea Zone to Novgorod

2 mech_infantrys moved from Poland to Novgorod

1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to Novgorod

1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to Novgorod

1 infantry moved from Romania to Bessarabia

Germans take Bessarabia from Russians

1 mech_infantry moved from Romania to Western Ukraine

Germans take Western Ukraine from Russians

1 infantry moved from 99 Sea Zone to Crete

Combat - Germans

Battle in Crete

Battle in Novgorod

Germans attack with 1 fighter, 2 infantry, 2 mech_infantrys and 2 tactical_bombers

Russians defend with 1 airfield, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 3 infantry

Germans roll dice for 1 fighter, 2 infantry, 2 mech_infantrys and 2 tactical_bombers in Novgorod, round 2 : 2/7 hits, 2,33 expected hits

Russians roll dice for 3 infantry in Novgorod, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1,00 expected hits

2 infantry owned by the Russians and 2 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Novgorod

Germans roll dice for 1 fighter, 2 mech_infantrys and 2 tactical_bombers in Novgorod, round 3 : 2/5 hits, 2,00 expected hits

Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Novgorod, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits

1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Novgorod

Germans win, taking Crete from Neutral_Allies, taking Novgorod from Russians with 1 fighter, 2 mech_infantrys and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3

Casualties for Germans: 2 infantry

Casualties for Russians: 3 infantry

Non Combat Move - Germans

Turning on Edit Mode

EDIT: Changing unit bombing damage for these British owned units to: factory_minor = 6

EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Novgorod to Baltic States

6 infantry moved from Finland to Karelia

1 aaGun moved from Finland to Karelia

1 cruiser and 1 destroyer moved from 112 Sea Zone to 127 Sea Zone

1 submarine moved from 110 Sea Zone to 125 Sea Zone

2 submarines moved from 103 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone

1 aaGun and 2 infantry moved from Poland to Baltic States

1 aaGun moved from Romania to Bessarabia

1 aaGun, 5 artilleries and 20 infantry moved from Romania to Eastern Poland

1 mech_infantry moved from Germany to Baltic States

7 armour and 12 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Eastern Poland

3 mech_infantrys moved from Romania to Eastern Poland

3 armour moved from Greece to Romania

3 infantry moved from Greece to Bulgaria

3 fighters moved from Alexandria to Greece

1 bomber moved from Alexandria to Greece

1 bomber moved from Alexandria to Greece

3 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to Poland

2 aaGuns moved from Western Germany to Germany

1 infantry moved from Norway to Finland

1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Southern Italy to Alexandria

Place Units - Germans

9 mech_infantrys placed in Germany

1 airfield placed in Greece

Turn Complete - Germans

Germans collect 46 PUs; end with 46 PUs

Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 51 PUs

Objective Germans 7 Control of Balkans: Germans met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 53 PUs

Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 58 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Russians regular : 0,67

Germans regular : -0,33

• Didn’t want to, but realized I had to buy an ab in Greece to support the italian fleet. The rest goes to mechs, which could be said to be Germany’s most valuable unit.

Grabbing Leningrad immediately is good and I think it’s worth to use the tr in order to secure the battle, even though it risks the miniscule german fleet.

Stacking up troops mainly in E Poland, only securing the Baltic. I believe I’ve come to understand that the route via Belarus is far more poisonous than via Ukraine, since with italian can-openers Germany immediately puts serious pressure on Moscow.

Right now it only means 1 tank, 2 fig, 1 sb after Germany clamps down on Belarus, but that means Russia would still need to put a lot more than 1 inf in Smolensk in order to not risk its capital.

Did the sneaky maneuvre from the italian tr and grabbed Crete.

Not certain that using a mech to conquer W Ukraine is a good move, but it’s 2 IPC of income and Russia would need to use units to counter-attack. It’s probably worth it, especially since Leningrad is open to attack. This means Russia will perhaps dilute it’s air-force, making one of the attacks, or even both, riskier.

• '22

as soon as I have time I see him again;)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m