• For those of you unaware, Facebook provides free Revised A&A online! It’s generally played correspondence fashion but you can play live too if all players are online at the same time.

• '16 '15 '10

Yes, this is the main place I play now.  Much easier than all the typing involved in the PBEM games here  :-)

It’s still kinda buggy, but they are nearly there.  They will need to implement some kind of OOL program eventually for super-competitive gaming, but for social games it works fine.

• And of course there is gametable online - if you have the time to waste! (no game save feature  :oops:)

• '16 '15 '10

I prefer Facebook for more competitive games.  TripleA is probably better of course, but Facebook GTO is so ez to access and the design is great.

• I checked this out and it’s actually pretty good! Even though play can sometimes be slow because not everyone is on at the same time, it’s still pretty neat to play in this way. And the graphics are pretty good as well. They look just a bit like Triple A, although that could just be me.  :lol: :-D

• You have link for this?

• I think you can go here:

http://apps.facebook.com/axisandallies/

• any1 know how the bids work or are placed at facebook AA?

• I’m not too sure if there is a bidding system for Facebook A&A. There’s tech, but I don’t think the bid system has been implemented yet. This is still in the Beta program, according to the site.

• from GTO

Here is a list of the custom setups you can select in the table:

6 Bid - Germany = 2 Infantry in Libya
    6 Bid - Japan = Infantry in French Indo-China and Manchuria
    7 Bid - Germany = Infantry and Artillery in Libya
    7 Bid - Japan = Infantry in French Indo-China and Manchuria plus an extra IPC for Japan
    8 Bid - Germany = Infantry and Tank in Libya
    8 Bid - Japan = Transport in Sea Zone 60
    9 Bid - Germany = Infantry and Tank in Libya plus an extra IPC for Japan
    9 Bid - Japan = Transport in Sea Zone 60 plus an extra IPC for Japan
    10 Bid - Germany = Infantry and Artillery in Libya and Infantry in Ukraine SSR
    10 Bid - Japan = Transport in Sea Zone 60 plus two extra IPC for Japan

This is from my friend who started playing.

There is no Ukr bid other than the 10 German bid.

I’m trying it out and so far it’s been enjoyable except for my first game crashing and showing the map but no units.

• You need to start a game with the bid but if you start the game you will be Allies not Axis, also in multi-player game the sides are chosen randomly.

• My review of Facebook:

The Good:

Easy to play.  You can come back anytime to play.

The Bad:

Certain features are either not there or I’m not doing it right.

Blitz in and blitz out, you can blitz through enemy territory to attack but it has hard time blitzing in and back to your territory.

Also it seems like most people don’t play bids.

Combat and NCM can be made at same time.

For multiple trns, it’s better to remove the trns to other Sz load and move and then bring the trn back into it’s original Sz.

There are other glitches and bugs.

The Ugly:

There is no feature that shows you the moves previous players did, even if you leave open the game it only shows that attack happened here but no moves list so when you come back to play.

There is no concede button so unless you play it out and capture the amount of VC’s set by the game, it can last forever (8,9,10,12).

What do others who have played it think?

• I actually kind of like it because it’s another option to play A&A online. However, a problem I see (well, for me anyway) is when blitzing, I don’t honestly know if, when I blitz through an empty space into another occupied one, if that blitzed space will be mine. I had a problem with it originally when playing. I think it could be fixed now.

Sometimes loading/unloading troops can be a pain, because you have to go through a few steps just to load guys.

And yes, I agree about seeing what others have done. I pretty much have to look all over the screen to see what was done and how I should respond accordingly. However, I don’t think this problem can be rectified with coloured lines of what guys moved. That could be a lot of lines and would get hard to decipher. For example, if let’s say, you’re Germany, you would have to wade through the UK, Japan, US and Russia’s turns and follow every line every which way. So I don’t think lines telling where everyone moved is a good idea. I think just moving around the screen will have to suffice for now.

• Thats not facebook. thats gametable.com the actual game was first created by WOTC and its failure Gleemax, then ported and sold or given to the game table peeple.

This version is great and no LL can be used.

• '16 '15 '10

Blitz works.  What you have to do is use the right click button on your mouse, and it will show you various ways to blitz, and you choose the one you want.

In general they have worked hard to work out the kinks and as far as I know it is now consistent with the rules.  The main drawbacks is it doesn’t show game history like TripleA, or have edit like TripleA.  Also, there are issues with OOL and problems with sub casualties that detract from the game somewhat (in this case, playing the first round or two live typically solves the problem), but its still very playable as is.

• Yup, figured out blitz but you still can’t blitz through your own territory so you have a place to retreat.  Also aa gun fires during NCM.  I lost 2 ftrs that I didn’t use for attack but moved during NCM.  Overall it’s pretty good, just need to fine tune it.

• There is one serious bug.  If, for example, Germany uses 3 Transports in the Baltic to amphibiously attack Norway, Karelia and Eastern Europe, and he also has a Battleship in the Baltic, all three battles will get a Bombardment attack from the BB.

• '16 '15 '10

No, they fixed that too.  The battleship will bombard only the first territory you attack.

• Another bug is aa firing during NCM.  I had saved two Japanese ftr to reinforce Ukr and it passed over Cauc during NCM, the ftrs were not used for combat at all, and both ftr got shot down during NCM.

Another annoying thing about it is that there is no concede button you have to meet the # of VC’s set forth when the game is setup.

I’m in one where US has no ships, UK is reduced to UK and W & E Canada, and US just has E/C/W US but the game is going on since I need 1 more VC.

• I’ve tried looking on facebook for aa and cant find the so called game page.  Or is it page that takes to GTO?  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m