Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3

• '22

@surfer said in Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3:

@avner Why block with DD SZ37? Seems like waste of DD. J can take Sumatra from Java. And the DD doesn’t prevent any transports from the other territories.

It does block J from invading Burma, but that is a low payoff attack as the Brits can eliminate any ground units on the counter, and then J has nothing to take India with.

the blockade is precisely to dissuade a landing in Burma …

It may be low profit… but I never like to lose (eventually) almost any English unit right away…

• '22

Finalized :)

• The US purchase and positioning looks good, although I’d given priority to buying fleet. The strategic bomber is good in both arenas.

It’s wise for the chinese to huddle back in Sikang. It’s a nuiscance for Japanese expansion.

Also good not to DOW by UK, since Japan is very much expected to do so the coming turn. US is the main force in the Pac and it’s crucial to get them into play asap. Don’t think it’s worth it for Japan to hold out another turn just to help Italy in the Med. The economic consequences in the Pac would be severe.

• The UK-Pac takes an aggressive stance, but at the moment it looks like they can afford it.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Italians round 2

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 4.1.0

Game History

Round: 2

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 1 mech_infantry and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 3 PUs; 

Politics - Italians
            Italians takes Political Action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Italians and Russians from Neutrality to War
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and British from Neutrality to Allied
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and UK_Pacific from Neutrality to Allied
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and ANZAC from Neutrality to Allied
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and French from Neutrality to Allied
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and Neutral_Allies from Neutrality to Friendly_Neutral
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and Neutral_Axis from Neutrality to Unfriendly_Neutral

Combat Move - Italians
            1 armour moved from Slovakia Hungary to Eastern Poland
                  Italians take Eastern Poland from Russians
            1 armour moved from Eastern Poland to Baltic States
                  Italians take Baltic States from Russians
            1 infantry moved from Southern Italy to 97 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 97 Sea Zone to 99 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 99 Sea Zone to Cyprus
            1 infantry moved from Kenya to Ethiopia
                  Italians take Ethiopia from British

Combat - Italians
            Battle in Cyprus

Non Combat Move - Italians
            1 cruiser and 2 destroyers moved from 97 Sea Zone to 99 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 97 Sea Zone to 95 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Southern Italy to Alexandria
            1 bomber moved from Southern Italy to Greece
            1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Yugoslavia to Romania
            1 armour moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Northern Italy
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Albania to Greece
            1 artillery moved from Tobruk to Alexandria
            1 infantry moved from Libya to Tunisia
                  Italians take Tunisia from Neutral_Axis
            2 infantry moved from Bulgaria to Romania

Place Units - Italians
            1 transport placed in 97 Sea Zone
            1 mech_infantry placed in Northern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
            Italians collect 16 PUs; end with 19 PUs
            Objective Italians 1 Control The Mediterranean: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 24 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• Italy buys a tr to keep threats alive in the Med, a mech for german can-opening and saves 3 IPC for later.

Take back Ethiopia rather than Sudan, since attacking the inf will keep units slightly more out of place, although a tr will likely solve that problem.

Can-open the Baltic with the tank. Also move in 4 inf, 1 art to help with further can-opening in the future. The german advance readily depends on it.

Considered taking Gibraltar, but won’t be able to hold it and the benifit of being able to make two landings with one tr is just too good to abstain.

The fleet is dead as it looks right now, but Italy is counting on Germany investing in an ab in Greece for fleet security. It’s a great place for an air-base although can be tough to hold on to. Still think it’s worth it at this point. Therefore also land the sb in Greece for great reach around the region.

The stack in Alexandria looks safe for now, so let it stay for pressure on Cairo, even though it’s no longer needed to take away the british NO.

Begin to gobble up pro-axis territories gaining free inf in N Africa.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

For ANZAC, the goal IMHO is harassment of DEI landings and subs to attack Japanese transports.

Since we already have DNG, we could take Sumatra or Celebes, but would just immediately lose it. Gain 4 IPCs that have to be spent in NSW, or bring 2 inf + tran to Queensland saving 13 IPCs, and immediately threaten re-invasion.

If so, then won’t need another transport immediately so 14 IPCs can be spent on navy= 1 SS + 1 DD or I think better 2 SS + save 2 dollars, next turn have 16 IPCs to buy CV, which can easily be supported with ftrs.

Egypt is safe so those guys just hunker down.
    In fact, everyone just hunkers down. DNG -> NG and everyone else to Queensland/SZ54.

For France…don’t care. DD in Indian Ocean should continue to tag along with British fleet. Perhaps you might want the ftr in Gibraltar, but only if planning on putting airbase. Probably just better where it is.

• '22

I look as soon as I can

anyway thank you for this opportunity which is a great lesson

at least for me

;)

• '22

TripleA Turn Summary: French round 2

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 4.1.0

Game History

Round: 2

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 2 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 infantry moved from Java to 42 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Java to 42 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 42 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 54 Sea Zone to Queensland
            1 infantry moved from 54 Sea Zone to Queensland
            2 aaGuns, 1 artillery, 4 fighters and 2 infantry moved from New South Wales to Queensland
            1 infantry moved from Dutch New Guinea to New Guinea
            1 infantry moved from Malaya to Shan State
            1 cruiser and 1 destroyer moved from 61 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone

Place Units - ANZAC
            2 submarines placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 14 PUs; end with 16 PUs

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
            1 destroyer moved from 76 Sea Zone to 80 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - French

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• '22

That’s more or less what I intended to do (with the subtlety of the two subs for the CV next round)

• '22

Finalized :)

• Moving back the tr is wise. It won’t accomplish much grabbing another island anyway. This is when it shows the inf on NG saves ANZAC a tr.

I would say that there’s never really any call for ANZAC to build carriers. If they have surplus income it’s better to build another mIC and then being able to produce 6 units.

Building subs, des, trannies, figs (perhaps 1 or 2 tac as well) and enough land-units to keep home base safe and feeding the amphis. That’s atleast my strategy with ANZAC, using the american carriers for its air.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I’m not sure I agree with a mIC for ANZACs, especially in the first 6 rounds of the war. They will be above 18 IPCs only intermittently, so the second mIC is rarely used to capacity and in those cases only for 6 inf, which have minimal value for the Pacific war.

If they are buying more useful naval and air units, then they can only afford 2-3 at a time. Sure, putting the units in SZ54 has better tempo than SZ62, but that is only important in the later phases of the game.

I find that I end up buying a mIC only after a few rounds of invading DEI (i.e., Turns 8+) and have had to buy several inf just to have ground troops, and want the tempo back to push against Japan. But at that point, I’m winning (or at least aggressive) in the Pacific.

• Oh, I agree with that. Didn’t really advice to buy a mIC at first opportunity.

Point was rather that with i e 18 IPC I’d prefer 3 subs over 1 cr and with 16 IPC I’d prefer 2 des or 1 tr, 1 des or 1 sub, 1 fig.

However, perhaps it’s a matter of taste? On my behalf I just try to give my share of tutoring, not aiming to set any traps.

• With ”surplus income” I meant that it’s steadily more money than they can use, like more than 24 or something, and not just temporarily. This would not happen early on.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@trulpen And I wasn’t / (didn’t mean to) imply that you were. Just giving my $0.02 as well.

• '22

We await Hitler moves

:)

• '22

news?

:)

• Hitler is hiding in the bunker, but will show his ugly mustache eventually.

• '22

@trulpen said in Tutor game: trulpen (X) vs Avner [and everyone else] (A+23) BM3:

Hitler is hiding in the bunker, but will show his ugly mustache eventually.

it is still early to hide in the bunker

ahah

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m