AA50-41 Tech Tourney sign-up (sign-ups CLOSED)

• '10

OK, so its 36 for now. Anyone interested, please sign-up. We’ll figure out how to do the byes one way or another.  I’ll take a bye if one comes my way, but I don’t think anyone who did well in the previous tourny should about not getting a bye. Good players don’t need no stinking byes! (just good dice rolls  8-) )

Darth, make sure to gimme Tim the Enchanter on the draw. You owe me a rematch Tim!  :-P

1.  DarthMaximus
    2.  DutchmanD
    3.  DY
    4.  DesertJournalist
    5.  Zygmund
    6.  Telamon
    7.  Bigbadgoo
    8.  SgtBlitz
    9.  Pin
    10. Questioneer
    11. TimTheEnchanter
    12. Omega
    13. Bardoly
    14. Gargantua
    15. Lynxes
    16. Perrys!
    17. Joe Cold
    18. KGB
    19. Todd7912
    20. HannibalSW
    21. katfishkris
    22. souL
    23. Apollo
    24. DemolitionMan
    25. a44bigdog
    26. Mistergreen
    27. P@nther
    28. Botider
    29. JWW
    30. PGMatt
    31. hobo
    32. Yasha
    33. Cmdr Jennifer
    34. bongaroo
    35. anchovy
    36. mojo

• '10

• I meant to say

“I don’t think anyone who did well in the previous tourny should ‘cry’ about not getting a bye”

:cry:

• DM,

this might be a good time to PM everyone to verrify if they still want to be in the tourney.

Maybe PM them saying that the tourney will begin Friday, July 10, so they will need to respond by Thursday, July 9.  This will give them about 1 week to respond, and it will let all of the “weekend warriors” get their first round turns in.

If we still end up with a non 32/64 bracket, then my vote would be for option 2 to have all byes taken care of in the first round.

I thought about that, but I’m too lazy.  :-D

Actually looking over the list, the vaste majority have played in the other Tourney or have some other games going on the site, so I think most will show up.  We’ll probably have a few no shows or disaster round 1’s where people may surrender, but I think that is unavoidable.

As for tourney format, I thought about the Lynx and JWW idea but think that is essentailly the same as the 36 format with everyone playing.

If the Alts play games at the same time rd 1 is playing then you can’t sub in if someone doesn’t show up since you’d need to wait for a winner of the Alt games.  I suppose we could wait to make sure the rd 1 games are underway, but then if everyone shows up for rd 1, it is less likely a winner from rd 1 will bail in rd 2, meaning the Alts remaining may not get into the tourney.

I guess the important thing is to get to 16 players left, once there it is fairly easy to run.

There was also a suggestion about Pool play, which I think was very cool, but the numbers (36) don’t quite work for that, 40 would work nice.  8 pools of 5 players.  Everyone plays 4 games, pool winners advance and it is single elim from there.  We’d potentially need tie breakers too.  So I think this would just be a bit too much to try and do on the fly, but I’m definitly going to keep this in mind for the future, we tried it for Classic one year, but just didn’t have the players (Revised had already come out).

I think we’ll probably go with #2 and just let everyone play right away and get the byes out of the way early.  HOWEVER, I think all players who have not played any games on this site will automatically play in the “play-in round”.  The 4 left in the No-Tech Tourney will definitely get byes since that is still going on.  Once I narrow the list down for the “new” players, it’ll be random draw for the remainder of the play-in, although I’ll play a game to make sure we get the round going.  Also I think that will mean many players in rd 2 can start b/c not everyone will be waiting for a “play-in” winner.

Sign-up ENDS 7/10!

• 2007 AAR League

Just saw the thread, sign me up if you can keep it an even number.

• I just saw the thread too and am interested in playing if there’s still room…

• '10

OK, everybody. The proper way to sign up is to copy and paste the list from the previous post and put it into your reply, adding your name and number.

Like this:

1.  DarthMaximus
    2.  DutchmanD
    3.  DY
    4.  DesertJournalist
    5.  Zygmund
    6.  Telamon
    7.  Bigbadgoo
    8.  SgtBlitz
    9.  Pin
    10. Questioneer
    11. TimTheEnchanter
    12. Omega
    13. Bardoly
    14. Gargantua
    15. Lynxes
    16. Perrys!
    17. Joe Cold
    18. KGB
    19. Todd7912
    20. HannibalSW
    21. katfishkris
    22. souL
    23. Apollo
    24. DemolitionMan
    25. a44bigdog
    26. Mistergreen
    27. P@nther
    28. Botider
    29. JWW
    30. PGMatt
    31. hobo
    32. Yasha
    33. Cmdr Jennifer
    34. bongaroo
    35. anchovy
    36. mojo
    37. Emperor Mollari
    38. BigRedOne

Okay, here’s what we have so far, these players will have byes for sure and I’ll divide them up for brackets:

Top 6 from No tech Tourney (Func and Uberlager were in top 8 but not playing in this) in no particular order:

Lynxes
    Telamon
    DY
    Zygmund
    Bigbadgoo
    DutchmanD

And these players will be playing in the Play-in Round for sure, in no particular order:

DarthMaximus
    SgtBlitz
    Omega
    Todd7912
    HannibalSW
    Apollo

With the exception of myself the other 5 have not played a PBEM so they fall into the most likely to no show category.  However, with the exception of Apollo all have posted multiple times and have been active within the past day or two.  Apollo only has 1 post (sign-up) and hasn’t logged in since a couple days after he signed up, so that could be a potentional no-show.

So excluding the “bye” people I’ll do a draw on Friday (or this weekend) for us 6 play-in players out of the available 26 and then we’ll have 6 play-in games to get us to 32 for rd 2.

I believe it will work out so that these 6 winners will play the Top 6 in the rd of 32.  Everyone else will be free to start their rd 2 games while we play the play-in games.  I think we’ll be able to catch up time as we progress through the tourney.

• Hey, just to confirm, I am going to play. I have played a couple pbem but not pbf.

Anyway, I’ll be here.

Cool, thanks for checking in.

• 1.  DarthMaximus
    2.  DutchmanD
    3.  DY
    4.  DesertJournalist
    5.  Zygmund
    6.  Telamon
    7.  Bigbadgoo
    8.  SgtBlitz
    9.  Pin
    10. Questioneer
    11. TimTheEnchanter
    12. Omega
    13. Bardoly
    14. Gargantua
    15. Lynxes
    16. Perrys!
    17. Joe Cold
    18. KGB
    19. Todd7912
    20. HannibalSW
    21. katfishkris
    22. souL
    23. Apollo
    24. DemolitionMan
    25. a44bigdog
    26. Mistergreen
    27. P@nther
    28. Botider
    29. JWW
    30. PGMatt
    31. hobo
    32. Yasha
    33. Cmdr Jennifer
    34. bongaroo
    35. anchovy
    36. mojo
    37. Emperor Mollari
    38. BigRedOne
    39. Ryx

• Hey im alive! Yes im new, but I do play axis and allies with my friends with the actual boardgame. Playing this tournament online could be very interesting, im looking toward it!

Robert

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

What will be interesting, is to see if you make it to round 2 :p

best of luck to you,

when are we ever going to get a tourny going, where money is on the line ??? :p

• Im just typing that im going on vacation sunday 12th of june until monday 20th of june. I will however play this tourney, i can play 247 so its up to who i draw for a game how fast the game will progress, so fingers crossed i draw someone able to play a lot after the 20th, or 10th -12th.

Im entering Canuck12 so there is an even 40 if everyone can play.  he’s new here, needs some A and A experience.

sorry i cant copy paste the list, Im on my phone :(

i hope i’m not too late :p

• Checking in.  Would like to play my opponents over TripleA server if at all possible.

SgtBlitz

• '10

So, if Apollo is a no show, then we still need one more for 40.

1.  DarthMaximus
    2.  DutchmanD
    3.  DY
    4.  DesertJournalist
    5.  Zygmund
    6.  Telamon
    7.  Bigbadgoo
    8.  SgtBlitz
    9.  Pin
    10. Questioneer
    11. TimTheEnchanter
    12. Omega
    13. Bardoly
    14. Gargantua
    15. Lynxes
    16. Perrys!
    17. Joe Cold
    18. KGB
    19. Todd7912
    20. HannibalSW
    21. katfishkris
    22. souL
    23. Apollo
    24. DemolitionMan
    25. a44bigdog
    26. Mistergreen
    27. P@nther
    28. Botider
    29. JWW
    30. PGMatt
    31. hobo
    32. Yasha
    33. Cmdr Jennifer
    34. bongaroo
    35. anchovy
    36. mojo
    37. Emperor Mollari
    38. BigRedOne
    39. Ryx
    40. Canuck12

Give Darth 2 entries

His “luck is bad” in AA-50 :P

• Or just give 'im a big ‘thanks’ for organising.  We all appreciate it Darth  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m