• Can you bomb the channel ports in Picardy and Belgium and disable their use?

• Not sure that they are considered facilities that can be bombed. More like a geographic feature.

• @noneshallpass @insaneHoshi
    It says:
    “Channel ports are minor ports and narrow crossings.”
    I would think that since they are a minor port, you can bomb them. This might only disable the non-infantry class units from crossing though.

• Ok was confusing with the narrow crossing. I guess the minor port can be bombed.

• If an american aircraft lands on a british carrier, and on the british carrier, it moves to a zone adjacent to a zone with a german submarine, on the american turn, can the american aircraft go on MAP and then attack the submarine?

Using this strategy seems to make it trivial to hunt down subs.

• @insanehoshi I would think yes, but this is a later game possibility likely and by the later game Uk should have researched ASW/Radar and the sub game should already be less effective / near its end.

• I just want to confirm that minor powers like Free France, KMT and CCP can not upgrade their militia to infantry?

• @insanehoshi Oh! I did upgrade militia to infantry with Free France. I see that I needed to have a Supply Path from a Factory in the Home Country to the land zone the unit receiving the upgrade is in. So I bollixed that up!

You are right about KMT and CCP as minors being unable to upgrade militia, but it’s conceivable Free France could upgrade, if they took a territory adjacent to Paris, built a factory on it, then could trace a Supply Path from it to the unit being upgraded.

: )

• @insanehoshi
    Correct . As Gw enthusiast stated you need a factory in home country and supply path.

• This post is deleted!

• Can you retreat from a combat where you have wiped all opposing units?

In 9.4 it says you can retreat at the end of any combat round in lieu of the next rounds attacks, it makes no mention of having to require opposing units still present.

Also if you cant, what about the case where a submarine submerges, can you retreat from that?

• @insanehoshi I would assume not, as both end the combat, and come before you would retreat. That said, that is out of my head, I’ll check the rulebook and get back to you.

• If you eliminated all defenders, there cannot be any further rounds of attack. Your retreat is not “in lieu of” another round.

I do see that the Rule 9.4 says “any combat round”. In table 9-2 it is at step 7.

As they stand, the rules do not prevent a retreat from an empty territory, but this feels wrong.

• @insanehoshi i’m gonna say at the point the last unit is defeated combat is over and there is no chance to retreat. that is how i will play it guaranteed. - - There is nothing to retreat from!

• How many moves does it take to fly over a canal (assuming that you are diplomatically allowed to). Rereading the rules it appears to me that a Canal is part of a land zone naval units can use to move directly from one SZ to the other. Would this mean that to fly over the canal you must move one onto the land zone, and then onto the exiting sea zone?

• @insanehoshi A canal is in a land zone, so you would have to count it for the fighter.
    Considering the you cannot fly over neutral land zones, and you cannot fly over a neutral canal, I assume this infers you need to spend the movement point.
    Not a rule I particularly like, but that is the RAW.

• '22 '21 '16 '15

In the USA National Reference Sheet the Available Actions from 35IPP says that: “May move ship, build facillities and reinforce Pacific Island”
    Does that mean that the USA is not allowed to upgrade their factorys in the homeland territory before they reach the threshold of 35IPP?

• @robson All of this is in the FAQ I believe.

• '20 '16

@robson Per the FAQ:
    Q: Is the USA able to upgrade its existing facilities before reaching 35 IPP income?

A: Yes

• Thanks in advance for any help y’all can provide!

I have a question about MAP and scrambling aircraft defenders. This issue came up during a current game so I will lay out the scenario:

UK performs a MAP attack with a carrier-based fighter from the English Channel alongside a paired destroyer to SZ11 off of Western Germany (forgive me if I incorrectly label seazones, I am not near the board at this moment) to attack two German subs.

The question is, can Germany scramble aircraft from Western Germany into this seazone to help defend the subs?

Follow-up question: Everything above is the same, except UK sends in multiple other surface warships into SZ11. They cannot participate in the MAP+destroyer attack on the two submarines. If Germany is able to scramble fighters into the seazone, must those scramblers also defend against these additional UK ships although they are prohibited from joining the attack against the German subs?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m