• I’m just curious to see different approaches to the 100pt setup for AAM.  Please post your favorite 100pt configuration.  ~Youngstown

• Here’s a German Urban Assault unit I put together and won with last night against a mechanized UK/AUS/CAN force.

SS-Haupsturmfuhrer x1
    SS-Panzergrenadier x2
    Wehrmacht Vet. Infantryman x1
    Panzerfaust x1

Sturmpanzer IV “Brummbar” x1
    Sd Kfz 222 x1
    Panzer II (F) “Flamingo” x1

Junkers JU 87G Stuka x1

It worked out pretty well even though my mobility was somewhat lacking.  I was able to entrench vehicles and infantry in and around the obj hex(which was dense city hexes) before he could bring a sizable force to dislodge me in 1 turn.  I won the match with the Brummbar, Haupsturmfuhrer, panzerfaust and Sd Kfz 222 still alive and undamaged.  The only enemy unit left was an Aussie cmdr.

• I am kind of limited on pieces but so far I kinda like

Germany:
    Tiger 1               56
    Mg 42                10
    Panzerfaust  2x    5
    Mauser Kar   3x    3
    Panzershreck        7
    SS Haupsturm…     7

Only 99 pts- I could swap the Tiger for less costly Armor…

USA

Red Devil Cap.     2x  7
    M1 Garand          2x  4
    Bazooka             2x  4
    M4A1 Sherman    3x   21
    M5 Halftrack             7

100 pts could swap out the half track for something - art maybe…

Gonna try these two against each other tonight after dinner table gets cleaned off (messy 11 month old trashes the table)
    Seems like the only popular minis games out here are Warcraft like stuff. Occaisionally they have flames of war or star wars at the local game store but I keep missing em.

The shermans got annihilated. It looked like an German victory was imminent until both sides got wiped out when the youngest tipped the card table over…At least the soda was on the desk. I was a little surprised by the shermans getting taken out- the panzerfaust’s managed to disrupt two (One of those got taken out by the panzershreck) and that tiger just rolled over everything. Kinda new at the miniatures stuff…

• Looked like the USA was gonna win because of the sheer number of armors. Anyone else suggest and unit combos?

• Looked like the USA was gonna win because of the sheer number of armors. Anyone else suggest and unit combos?

Aye I thought that at first but the Sherman Tanks are totally out classed by a tiger. Even the Russian T-34s(think thats the right one) had trouble taking out Tigers. I remember hearing or reading that they finally started crashing their tanks into the Tigers to immobilize them. Tigers biggest problems seem to have been breakdowns and fuel consumption.

Have you seen the stats for the Early Sherman from North Africa? Thing sounds more like a ford pinto……

• haha yeah i think i have one somewhere in my collection.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m