• @barnee

Correct - Underground first - then demolish turn after.

I wouldn’t destroy that Factory - until it was threatened by Allied units.

Upgrade to Underground Factory - yes - and then wait with destruction. You might need it in The Battle of the Atlantic.

• @general-5-stars

We do have British Commandos already in game.

Hard-hitting attack units - limited in numbers, but deadly when striking.

See Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion page 17.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@the-captain said in Strategy Guide Global 1940:

I wouldn’t destroy that Factory - until it was threatened by Allied units.

yea I just hit turn 3. UK already has a couple Paras and I need to defend S France and Norway. I guess i can trade Belgium and Normandy if needed.

If I defend everything, I defend nothing and i really need some bullet stoppers for the Eastern Front. But yea, it’s nice being able to drop a Wolfpack there :)

@the-captain said in Strategy Guide Global 1940:

We do have British Commandos already in game.
    Hard-hitting attack units - limited in numbers, but deadly when striking.

Yea I used one early in India and attacked E Africa, but haven’t bought anymore yet.

Been Buying 1 marine a turn and attacked Marianas USA2. Plan on boosting to at least 2 a turn and then Max out when the Fleet ready.

Is key to buy an arty for every one too. Need Artys for the Elites also. Need a bunch of Artillery lol

Mech Inf seems a lesser buy, especially for Germany and USA. Rail kinda lowers their need as well, it seems. JPN probably still need em in Asia and Russia and Italy too, I guess

• @barnee

Did you try to fortify Philippines with US units?

• @the-captain said in Strategy Guide Global 1940:

@barnee

Did you try to fortify Philippines with US units?

Just with Fortifications. I left the Air and the DD there. Moved the sub out. JPN was gonna attack RD 2 so I knew I couldn’t get anybody there soon enough. They only had 1 land unit left when it went down.

Basically just doing what I’d normally do. Haven’t tried any new strats yet for the most part. Just making sure it’s working correctly.

Wax and i got the issue fixed, so I’ll do an update maybe later today. Couple small bugs I need to fix as well

@The-Captain was just going through the 43 rules again and noticed the LCVs in the setup. That hadn’t really occurred to me to use them as trprts. That’s a good idea for reinforcing Norway and Lenningrad.

Could even send some to N Africa and leave em as fodder hits.

Anyway, gonna start another test game. 43 looks as if it might take a little longer than first thought but it’s up next. Since it uses the same rules, might as well get it out there. Might get some playtesters for finding bugs : )

Edit
    I was incorrect on the LCVs. Can only be used as Fodder on “Amphibious” attacks and can only move 1 on land during NCM. So my plan won’t work. Might be good for an initial Lenningrad attack though.

Well Germany doesn’t have a Naval Base , so that won’t work either lol

• @barnee

Landing Crafts are basically used instead of Transports - most often in areas that would be difficult for Transports to get to.

United Kingdom can also use them to attack Western Europe - and Norway - in situations where German U-boats make a UK naval build-up difficult.

They are nice to have for any Nation that can produce them.

The greatest threat to Landing Crafts is Landmines.

• @the-captain yea but can only be used to transport while attacking correct ? I can’t send em to Norway from W Germany, because I already own Norway and they can only move 1 on NCM on land.

That right ?

• @barnee

I don’t think so.

• @barnee
    They can be used during Non-Combat Movement as well.

An exampel: Germany could reinforce Norway - using Landing Crafts.

• @the-captain Oh ? well that’s Awesome ! Might want to clarify their NCM next time you update Notes

Oh yea Game changer for sure. They still can only be taken as fodder hits while attacking tho. Correct ?

• @barnee

Correct.

• @barnee

Yes, only when Landing Crafts are attacking can they be chosen as casualties.

Example:
    United Kingdom attacks German controlled Normandy/Bordeaux - using 6 Landing Crafts.
    Normandy/Bordeaux is reinforced with Landmines - 6 mines at the border to sea zone 105 and 6 mines at the border to sea zone 110.

The UK player chooses to attack across the border to sea zone 105.

During this attack 2 Landing Crafts carry no units. In case that some Landing Crafts are struck by mines, these 2 empty Landing Crafts are the first to be taken as casualties.

During the Combat phase, the Landing Crafts that survived the minefield can be chosen as casualties before any other units.

Remember:
    If a Landing Craft is struck by a Landmine all units inside this Landing Craft are also lost with this Landing Craft.

• @the-captain awesome ! there only 3 bucks too. I haven’t used em yet . Gonna buy some lol

• @barnee

UK Strategy Guide is expected to be available in late November or early December:+1:

• 2024 2023 '22

@the-captain

Late November? It’s been so long since the last strategy guide, I almost want to cry that it won’t be ready until another month.

This is no offence to you Captain, as I do know these guides take a lot of work. Still, even with the long wait, I’m excited!

Made it to Rd 6 for First Time !!! :)

No Bugs just Note Clarification. I like all the new dudes showing up. Germany in Big Trouble. Oh well lol

JPN doing pretty good. USA still sending a lot of resources that way.

Think China theater needs a boost of some sort. There still alive but would be nice if it’s not a given they get overrun.

Maybe an AAgun and extra Inf at start ? Idk You still have to DOW on Russia but china being completely conquered seems as if it should be harder

Anyway Good Action !!! Totally Digging this Big Time !!! LOL

• 2024 2023 '22

@barnee

If China should be harder to conquer (to be more historically accurate), then Operation Sealion should not even be allowed. Too bad Germany and Japan are losing, as I always root for them in the game.

• @barnee

Part of the United Kingdom Strategy is that India is fighting the Japanese troops in southern China - this will slow down the annihilation of Chinese units.

It is most unlikely that a total collapse of Chinese forces can be avoided, if Japan goes all in in China.

Japan should avoid conflict with the USSR for as long as possible - in order to achieve it’s NO in the Pacific and China.

When (if) USSR and Japan are at War with each other, Soviet units can enter China - and help a renewed Chinese buildup of forces.

During several games, we’ve seen Soviet Army Corps in China - fighting alongside Chinese units - against massive Japanese attacks - while UK units from India outflank Japanese units in southern China - and US Naval Task Forces push forward through the Pacific.

It all depends on your Strategy. In other words: China doesn’t need any boost - simply because China’s allies have multiple options to help China.

You’ll see - after your first 40-50 games - just as we did:relaxed:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m