• In most of my games the US usually declares war on Japan. In the three turns before the US declares war, the US moves their entire Pacific fleet off the coast on the Philippines, carrying as much land units as possible. I also send all available aircraft to the Philippines. So after the US declared war at the end of their third turn, on Japan’s fourth turn they send a many ships and aircraft at the huge fleet off the Philippines. Not even three fighters scrambling could save the US Navy. Once the navy and the bulk of the air force fell, Japan conquered the Philippines. With the US split between the Pacific and Europe, the US could not rebuild and had to resort to submarine warfare to avoid being sunk by the mass of Japanese aircraft. Unless China and the Soviet Union get extremely lucky, the Allies lose the game. Maybe next time ANZAC and British naval units should concentrate there as well.

What do you think of this idea? Is it a bad idea? I look forward to your comments! Thank you!

• @superbattleshipyamato123 I am sorry to drop your enthusiasm but the US can’t declare war on Japan before turn 4.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Actually the US can declare war on Japan at the end of their 3rd Turn during the Collection Phase. It is the same as far as combat is concerned versus declaring war at the beginning of Turn 4 but makes a big difference in IPC collection.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

@superbattleshipyamato123 said in This is a foolish idea, right?:

What do you think of this idea? Is it a bad idea? I look forward to your comments! Thank you!

You are correct; this is a foolish idea. The US cannot garner anywhere near enough ships and planes to be safely sitting on the Philippines at the end of US3 and so whatever is there will be annihilated on the cheap by Japan on J4.

The Pacific is a waiting game for the Allies. Japan cannot do everything as they just do not have enough resources to do it all:

• Take Far East Russia
    • Knockout China
    • Capture India (Calcutta)
    • Capture and maintain the Money Islands
    • Control the Pacific Ocean

The key for the Allies is to make each of these objectives as difficult and as costly an investment as possible for Japan while the Allies build up a fleet that Japan cannot sink. Once that is accomplished Japan is in trouble. Therefore those US ships that are going to the bottom of the Ocean on the cheap are desperately needed later to have any hope of an Allied victory.

• @andrewaagamer

Thank you for your advice!

• S SuperbattleshipYamato referenced this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m