• @taamvan

As with all other aspects of game designing, naturally there are some that requires more thought and skills.

And that’s exactly what applies to the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion, Global 1940 Basic Expansion and the Global 1943 House Rules Expansion.

In order to fully understand the game mechanisms in depth - and get the big picture - of course players must play the game multiple times. By then, each individual player has a better insight - and is able to bring usefull and constructive feedback.

Luckily, we’ve received such feedback from players inside - as well as outside - our play groups. Both during play testing and later during real time gaming.

By now, we are experiencing a growing interest in Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion, Global 1940 Basic Expansion and the Global 1943 House Rules Expansion as more and more players get familiar with these rules.

Our goal is to bring tons of fun and challenge to Axis & Allies players - this is our contribution to the Axis & Allies community.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

yea it’s definitely overwhelming at first with all the new dudes. That’s probably what the basic version is for : ) But I just keep going over and over everything. It’s kinda slow as you have to keep referring to the rules, kinda like checking a dictionary when reading a book with lots of high dollar college words lol

The numerous possibilities can almost blow your mind , so I just started out doing basic OOB strategies and moved on from there. A few things seemed obvious though, German Wolfpacks and SS units, Fortifications in the Pacific, Paras, Elites and other stuff … but there’s so much cool stuff I just continued on.

Of course I just dove right in to the deep end and activated all the rules, maybe not the best way to go but hey … :)

• @barnee

Today, this morning, when we started playing Global 1943 House Rules Expansion, I had to look up some rules myself in the RULEBOOK Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

So, even though we designed the rules and have used them for several years - we still have to refer to the rulebook occasionally. I don’t think we’ll ever be able to remember everything.

Anyway - it’s part of the fun & challenge:relaxed:

For the most part, we don’t necessarily use all the units & ruiles included in the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion, even though they are available.

It all depends on the strategy that each player has planned.

Some units are more popular - and needed - than others.

• '21

@taamvan I feel the same way. I understand how the new units and their capabilities could be interesting and appealing, but there is a line where the thing gets ungainly and game play (to my mind) suffers from (for me) excessive detail to keep track of. Gaming has to be abstracted to some extent to work. Of course, everyone can draw that line where they see fit. We’re all free to keep things as simple as we want.

• @barnee

Our Veteran Members Play Group will have their next game OOB Global 1940 combined with Global 1940 Basic Expansion Sunday the 19th September.

During this game, the Strategic Rail Movement Capacity will be included.

• @the-captain Right :muscle: yea I really dig the rail movement. Russia Uk and Germany really use it. Japan too. Even the US can bomb guys around N America if Japan could potentially threaten invasion. Mostly AK

I’m gonna roll a few rounds of test game, then get started on basic expansion. So hopefully not too much longer. At least i can update stuff again : )

• '19

@randomcat You hit the the nail right there!:+1:
    “we are all free to keep things as simple as we want”
    No matter if you play the House Rules 1943, basic, 1940 setup or OOB, you can still decrease the amount of rules and pick the exact amount of rules that you seem fit and interesting. It might end up unbalanced, but - its about training and fun.

P.

• @sgt-pitbull

Hi Sgt Pitbull.

You’re right.

In the Strategy Guide Global 1940, you’ll see that you don’t have to know evertything in the Rulebook in order to get the game started.

As game experience evolves, you’ll learn most of the rules anyway.

• @barnee
    Yesterday, we played a “short” game (6 hours = 5 rounds) with the Global 1940 Basic Expansion - as a prelude for the game on Sunday - and included the Strategic Rail Movement. It works great.

This was the 4th game for one of our newest members. The 5th game is on Sunday.

Usually, after 4-5 games with the Global 1940 Basic Expansion, players are ready to gradually begin game play with the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

• @barnee

We’re working on a seperate section with a few handpicked units & Rules, that will be included as Optional Rules for the Global 1940 Basic Expansion.

These Optional Rules are based on what we experience, when our newest members start playing with the Expansion Rules.

@the-captain Cool i hope to start on it within a week. Still wanna roll some playtest rds and got some chores this time of year as well but it’s next on the list.

I’ll probably do the minor EXP fixes first, but won’t take long.

We should be able to make those as a Map Option. So 1 click and go :)

• @barnee
    That sounds great - it’ll be fun, when the Global 1940 Basic Expansion for TripleA is available.

Can imagine where we are in 10 years from now:+1:

• @the-captain said in Global 1940 Basic Expansion:

Can imagine where we are in 10 years from now

Heh heh I try not too. I’ll pretty much have run my course by then lol

• @barnee
    When I look back to 1993 - and see all the pictures from our Classic games - I can see that “someone” has grown older…

By the way, we started with a Basic Expansion back then - fun to re-read:relaxed: :relaxed:

• @the-captain heh heh it’s fun looking at old pictures. Actually did a 10,000 mile 2 month hitchiking trip when I was 22 through the West and NW of USA. Kept a journal for our first 66 rides, had a road partner :), was kinda funny to read years later : )

Added The Basic Expansion Rules to TripleA.

1. Basic Expansion Rules
      Changes with the Basic Expansion Rules. Russian Conscription may only build 12 total now. Germany, Japan, USA, when at war, and UK all recieve 6 PUs for Advanced Production now. Italy receives nothing.

You will need to turn off in Map Options ,or ignore, “Expanded Pacific Ocean”, “National Guard” and “Total War”.

Waffen Artillery, Wolfpacks and Landing Craft will show up as well as the 1 PU Waffen Infantry. They should be ignored.

All other options will auto turn off.

Basic Expansion Rules are here: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/assets/uploads/files/1627938181325-rulebook-global-1940-basic-expansion.pdf

Latest version is 6.4

You will want to read the Game Notes. Notably Waffen Infantry.

1. Waffen Infantry

Max Build is Player Enforced. Otherwise they work correctly.
    Note When using the “Basic” Rules, you need to purchase the “Waffen_Infantry2” Unit, which will show up on the bottom right of the Purchase Window.

• @barnee

Some of our members will start playing the Global 1940 Basic Expansion for TripleA next week:+1:

• @the-captain right on I’ll go ahead and bust out the Waffen fix then. One less thing to keep track of for them. No Panzer Armies in Basic correct ?

So far that’s the hardest thing to keep track of. One just needs to be deliberate about it. i want to eventually post what I find to work best for a triplea play style. Still figuring it out though.

Are they experienced triplea players ? Either way will be some good play testing .

Awesome Rock On !!!.png

• @barnee

Correct - no Armies of any kind in Basic Expansion.

Those of our members who want’s to play TripleA have some experience with it:+1:

I’m the one lagging behind with TripleA - but even though FTF is my favorite - I’ll get there eventually:relaxed:

• @the-captain right on I’ll put a fix out before next week. It’ll be good to get their input. I’m sure they’ll find something I’ve missed. : )

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m