ABH and crockett36, (A+69) tutor game

1. Default bid rules
    2. Suggestions and recommendations from the audience is highly appreciated for Crockett36.

• What is your bid, Crockett?

• @arthur-bomber-harris

I think 69 is too high. However Crockett, I suggest:

Carrier 97 (16)
    Tac Malta (11)
    Fighter Scotland (10)
    Destroyer 111 (8)
    Sub 91 (6)
    Bomber Egypt (12)
    Sub 106 (6)
    Total (69)

You can do Super-Gibastion and Taranto.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Wow. So Thanks for the opportunity ABH. Thanks for the suggestion squirecam.

So I have received a suggestion from Gargantuan that I am eager to try. So he suggested 54 ipcs to Russia to balance the game. So that would be ABH playing ABH and it being fifty fifty.

That is not what we have here. So we have a bit of handicapping–which is fine with me. Now in the last tutor game Andrew said that the Axis win in four different ways: economic, Pacific vc, Moscow or Sealion. I would like to force ABH into an economic strategy.

So I think we ought to buttress the British isle and help Moscow. Does this sound reasonable? I suggest 3 planes to the Eastern front. A sub in 110 and 111 and 92 and 106 and an infantry in london and scotland. q sub in 98.

• @crockett36 an infantry in Gibraltar

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Btw let’s aim to have a firm bid by Saturday night.

• Its your game. But 3 planes to the eastern front doesnt necessarily force Germany into an economic strategy.

However, if you eliminate Italy (Taranto) and make a huge UK navy (Gibastion), you both deter sea lion and allow USA to build more in the pacific as UK doeent need any help right away. So you eliminate 2 conditions right there. So Axis is left with Moscow or Economic as you put it.

3 USSR fighter deters rush to moscow, but doesnt deter a Japan VC strategy UK still loses alot of navy and UK either kills its own in Taranto or lets IT fleet live.

JMHO.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Let’s assume 30 is going to Russia and 39 to UK. Quick Success in Africa means midgame UKE support for Calcutta. Also Russian figs could also support Calcutta theoretically.

• Getting closer to a refined plan for the bid. Glad you are considering multiple options and working with your mentors.

• @squirecam so can we do Tarantino and sz92 for 39 ipcs.

• @crockett36 taranto

• @crockett36 sub 98, diver Malta, bomber in eygpt, sub 91. Artillery in Gibraltar?

• @squirecam Looks like it’s you and me. how about I give you 10 more for the Brits and only keep 20 for Russia. Say cut the sub from 91 and give UK an air base in Gib?

• @crockett36

Carrier 98 (16) Gib? Maybe not.
    Tac Malta (11) Yes, Taranto=11
    Fighter Scotland (10) maybe. preserve ships in 111. =21
    Destroyer 111 (8) maybe not, I like saving these ships and it will almost certainly be effective, but these ships can’t make it to 92. And this battle occasionally goes poorly for the Germans. If we put it in 110 instead it makes this battle a little more difficult. And conveys the idea that I might scramble. This will bring more units into this sea zone.=29
    Sub 91 (6) Maybe. Might preserve Cruiser, but a destroyer would be more effective.=37
    Bomber Egypt (12) Yes, Taranto. though not helpful for defense of Moscow or Gibraltar. =49
    Sub 106 (6) No, He’ll have to send two subs against this fleet. But he can since he’ll probably avoid 111. Odds and rewards are still in his favor.

• @crockett36 probably easiest to put together a complete and specific bid list, and then ask for comments/suggestions.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Okay world, I talked with No Limit and together we came up with another tack at this fair wind. I’ve never used a bid this big and am excited, but also nervous. Ts game with AA did not go well despite a heavy Europe bid that had all sorts of recommendations. I sense there are several ways to approach this:

1. Fix oob set up.
    2. counter Axis first round attacks
    3. preserve Allied units
    4. position troops for an offensive that would be out of the question in oob.
    5. seed units that will make Axis end game strategies more difficult.

We have thought so far mostly about option 2. I have inkling of battered wife syndrome. Even when the game might be close to balanced, I’m still thinking in terms of just barely maybe hopefully squeezing out a victory.

Now I listened to T vs AA’s first 8 pages of conversation with a 50 bid while I delivered my stops today. And I conversed with No Limit. Here’s what we came up with:
    Destroyer in 106.
    sub in 98
    sub in 81
    destroyer in 62
    artillery in Szechwan
    infantry in Scotland
    infantry in London
    artillery in Alexandria
    transport in 71
    the rest infantry on the Eastern front.

Now let me argue with myself and No Limit.
    Destroyer in 106. Will probably draw 3 subs and still be lost. At best this makes it 50;/50. If successful, this helps prevent Sea Lion.
    sub in 98 Taranto is cheaper
    sub in 81Taranto is cheaper. This helps prevent Sea Lion.
    destroyer in 62. Playing as the better player, he probably won’t do this. How about a factory or just two infantry in Aus? Pac VC win prevent.
    artillery in Szechwan. Help prevent victory city win in Pac.
    infantry in Scotland. Sea Lion prevent.
    infantry in London Sea Lion prevent.
    artillery in Alexandria. help win Tobruk. Might counter Axis economic win.
    transport in 71. Aids in taking Middle East and turning the ME from defensive strategy to assisting either Moscow or Calcutta.
    the rest infantry on the Eastern front. Aids in the defense of Moscow. Ends up being 4 infantry and two artillery.

• @crockett36
    My recommendation:
    6 1 sub in 98
    6 1 sub in 81
    4 artillery in Szechwan
    3 1 infantry in London
    3 1 fighter in Scotland
    3 1 infantry in Karelia
    3 1 infantry in Vyborg
    3 1 infantry in Novgorod
    3 1 infantry in Yunnan
    3 1 infantry in Belarus