League General Discussion Thread

• @gamerman01 said in League General Discussion Thread:

Guys, I’m thinking about resigning as league moderator and scoreboard operator. I don’t want to leave you in the middle of a year so intend to finish this year out and set up playoffs and everything, but maybe somebody should come alongside me and learn some of the ropes, or maybe you guys have an idea of another direction to take all this.

Contributing to this decision is that I did have my first manic and depressive episodes this year since 2005 (still pretty depressed - trying to get the right meds) but I wanted to get out anyway, since I haven’t found the time to play any league games myself.

I intend to help make a smooth transition if someone else is eager to moderate and score games (maybe a team) - I’d been doing everything with no partner for years now (Although having a partner can mean more work if they have differing ideas than you)

Please think about it - sorry - I guess this day had to come sooner or later. Thanks for understanding

Gamer

gamer, you have been nothing short of amazing all these years, and you’ve put up with sometimes a very tough crowd. we’ll definitely be missing you as moderator, but hopefully we will have you back as a casual player one day once difficulties clear up for you. I will pray for your complete recovery, and please don’t hesitate to message me in here ANY time for anything you need, even if it’s just for a chat because you’re bored or whatever.

• @gamerman01

Thank you for yeoman’s service all these many years.

• @gamerman01

Hope you get better and thank you for all your efforts.

• @gamerman01

sorry to hear that… passing of the guard!

Guys, I’m thinking about resigning as league moderator and scoreboard operator. I don’t want to leave you in the middle of a year so intend to finish this year out and set up playoffs and everything, but maybe somebody should come alongside me and learn some of the ropes, or maybe you guys have an idea of another direction to take all this.

Contributing to this decision is that I did have my first manic and depressive episodes this year since 2005 (still pretty depressed - trying to get the right meds) but I wanted to get out anyway, since I haven’t found the time to play any league games myself.

I intend to help make a smooth transition if someone else is eager to moderate and score games (maybe a team) - I’d been doing everything with no partner for years now (Although having a partner can mean more work if they have differing ideas than you)

Please think about it - sorry - I guess this day had to come sooner or later. Thanks for understanding

Gamer

I remember the day you took the reigns, our league benefited greatly from it, and in numerous ways! Your leadership will be greatly missed but I hope we may someday play a game again. Thank you for everything and take care my friend.

Gamer

The giants pass on…

I still remember the first G40 game I beat Gamerman, only then to lose 2 subsequent games to him… Highlight of my A&A game career! LOL! Gamerman and Boldfresh will always be A&A Titans in my book…

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 thank you! I have been around a very short time compared to some of the players here, but it’s easy to see your contributions and how you are regarded by those players who know you better. Life always has to take precedence so I wish you all the best and hope things work out. Hope to see you back one day.

Warm regards Peter

• @gamerman01 you have been a great representative of this forum and what you have done for the League is immense. You can’t be thanked enough .
    We will miss you, but totally understand .
    Keep well, my friend.

• '15 '14

I am very sorry to hear that but I, of course, totally understand.

I can’t say it any better than Witt, so I just quote and second him.

@witt said in League General Discussion Thread:

@gamerman01 you have been a great representative of this forum and what you have done for the League is immense. You can’t be thanked enough .
    We will miss you, but totally understand .
    Keep well, my friend.

• @gamerman01 sorry to lose you as a moderator and thanks for all your efforts. Its been really appreciated! I hope everything works out and I looking forward to a future game.

• '22 '16

Just a quick rules check please. At the start of the US turn they have a transport already loaded with 1 inf and 1 AA gun. #1) Can they do an amphibious assault and only unload the inf? #2) If a cruiser unloads a marine to Korea for an amphibious assault and the cruiser is killed by a Kamikaze does the marine die as well?

• @majikforce said in League General Discussion Thread:

Just a quick rules check please. At the start of the US turn they have a transport already loaded with 1 inf and 1 AA gun. #1) Can they do an amphibious assault and only unload the inf? #2) If a cruiser unloads a marine to Korea for an amphibious assault and the cruiser is killed by a Kamikaze does the marine die as well?

#1 Yes

#2 Yes

• '19 '17 '16

Trulpen is right but I believe Triple-A gets point #2 wrong.

• '22 '16

@simon33 @trulpen Thanks fellas.

Gamer

All I have to say to this is, that I am not a Big fan of this.
    I totally understand your situation (been there). But I really hate the situation itself that you are leaving and would rather have you stay and doing the Mod and the League Ref. stuff.

All I can say is, there will be better days and sometimes not. Just try to keep reminding yourself on the good things in Life.

All I want to say is, take good care Brother in triple a Arms, get Free soon and that you will come back. Here is allways an open Ear,open Arms and Peoples who will help you!

• I need a rule clarification due to a question someone brought up in a pickup game:

If USA is not at war with Germany or Italy, USA may only move its units to sea zones touching USA territories and also Sea Zone 102.

If USA is not at war with Japan, USA may not move its units into sea zones touching Japanese controlled territories.

Do these rules apply for both oceans or just atlantic for rule 1 and pacific for rule 2?

just asking because people move dest/sub off anzac coast us1, which would seem to violate rule1 in pac

Might be house rules but some players are strict

• '22 '16

@aagamerz13 said in League General Discussion Thread

just atlantic for rule 1 and pacific for rule 2

I’m not a rules official but the rules are different for the US in each ocean.

• '19 '17 '16

From p37, Eur rules:
    "While not at war with Germany or Italy, the United States may end the movement of its sea units on the
    Europe map only
    in sea zones that are adjacent to U.S. territories, with one exception: U.S. warships (not transports)
    may also conduct long-range patrols into sea zone 102.

• @simon33 ok thanks

• @aagamerz13 there is another tricky rule that needs clearing up. If a player wants to strafe an island with planes that will have one movement point left after the attack, where the island is surrounded by a huge enemy navy, and where they want to land on carriers, with dice, the player has to just send one unit with an attack value to the surrounding navy to attack it even if the odds are low. For example, attacking 15 battleships with a sub gives a small but nonzero chance to clear the enemy fleet so the planes can strafe the island and plan to land on a carrier.

The issue is with lowluck on. If the fleet has at least 2 batts, or any combo of 2 ship hitpoints and at least 6 attack against sub, and a sub attacks, it is guaranteed to lose without clearing the zone.

So, do the guaranteed hits of low luck not change the equation of whether it’s possible to clear the fleet, or do we assume the fleet is unclearable and only planes that can land elsewhere can strafe?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m