Nuclear bomb addition for Axis And Allies Global 1940

• 2024 2023 '22

I’m sure people have already done this a lot, but here is my own take on this:

All nations can start developing a nuclear bomb, except China.

Every turn for ten turns, a nation must pay 5 IPCs to be able to purchase the bomb.

Once it’s possible to purchase the bomb, it costs 40 IPCs to produce one. The unit is placed on the power’s capital’s industrial complex.

In order to move the unit in the Noncombat Phase, a strategic bomber, a cruiser, or a battleship can load the bomb, and move it to the desired destination.

If a ship containing the bomb is sunk, the bomb is destroyed with it.

If a territory containing a bomb is captured, the nation that captured the territory will control it.

Nuclear bombs do not defend, and cannot be taken as casualties in a battle.

In order to drop the bomb, the bomb must be in a territory containing a strategic bomber.

When the bomber arrives at it’s target destination, it is exposed to fighter intercepting like in a normal strategic bombing raid (use the attack and defence values from a normal strategic bombing raid for this air battle). After that, the bomb is dropped. This is what happens:

5 land units in the territory are destroyed.

Two sea units in a sea zone bordering the territory take one hit (a capital ship can take two hits if it is the only sea unit in a sea zone bordering the territory).

A major industrial complex is downgraded into a minor industrial complex (if there is no major industrial complex, another two land units in the territory are destroyed, or one sea unit in a sea zone bordering the territory takes one hit).

Two air bases, naval bases, or minor industrial complexes are destroyed (if there is no minor industrial complex, naval base, or air base, another two land units in the territory are destroyed, or one sea unit in a sea zone bordering the territory takes one hit).

All units destroyed are chosen by the player who dropped the bomb.

What do you think? I’m looking forward to your comments!

• @superbattleshipyamato123 really interesting idea, what do you use for the bomb? My only issue is such a long time-historically accurate but I can’t see it being used by many nations

• @tincanofthesea

Thank you for responding!

Perhaps many nations won’t use it-after all, only the US did use it. I just found it an interesting idea to give Japan and Germany a chance to use the bomb, with the appropriate enormous investment.

I don’t know what to use to mark the bomb piece, that’s the only thing I don’t know, except that it is a custom roundel, but I don’t know how that looks like.

• @superbattleshipyamato123 the game Supremacy has some nice Mushroom cloud pieces if I remember right. Obviously they’ve already been detonated though :)

You might search Der Kuenstler s house rules. he had an Abomb. Might mention what he used in his house rule thread

• @barnee said in Nuclear bomb addition for Axis And Allies Global 1940:

@superbattleshipyamato123 the game Supremacy has some nice Mushroom cloud pieces if I remember right. Obviously they’ve already been detonated though :)

You might search Der Kuenstler s house rules. he had an Abomb. Might mention what he used in his house rule thread

I looked at hbg because I just got a set
    For a bomb. Comes with a bombs and tokens
    But can’t find it on there site

• @gen-manstein

That was my idea at first, but I never thought seriously about using that.

• @barnee

I’ll check that guy out and see what he has.

• 2024 2023 '22

@barnee

Thank you for responding!

Can you please tell me what discussion was Der Kunestler in that had this photo? Thank you!

• @superbattleshipyamato123 no photo showed up. So idk :) You can search his stuff, should be on here somewhere. he’s not around anymore. Think he started charging for his stuff.

Maybe went to boardgame geek ? Yea Idk. had some good ideas tho

• 2024 2023 '22

@barnee

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find anything from Der Kuenstler. Here is the piece Gen Manstein was talking about:

https://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Atom-Bomb-3D-Printed-x5_p_3707.html

• S SuperbattleshipYamato referenced this topic on
  • S SuperbattleshipYamato referenced this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m