• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

“I’m sure some of you would purchase a box full of sticks if Axis and Allies was printed on the outside of it.” ~ Posted by Lawrence Davis

I hate to admit it, but I fit into that category

• You need help

• I don’t know, i think it would depend if the sticks were in the standard colors or if they were going with new shades…

or if they were newly refreshed sculpts of the sticks…

• Hopefully, there are many sticks in the box.

I hate “writing down on a piece of paper the type of stick” when I run out of Axis & Allies Sticks.

• I have a system that replaces both:

say you got 36 IPC… you lay down 3 chips and 1 red chip and 1 grey chip on its right…36

you have a chart that has: 10’s and 1’s both in boxes, where you place the chips in these boxes. When you lose SBR you merely change it, so say you are now at 29… 1 grey chips in 10’s box and 1 red and 4 grey in 1’s box=29

• @Imperious:

I have a system that replaces both:

say you got 36 IPC… you lay down 3 chips and 1 red chip and 1 grey chip on its right…36

you have a chart that has: 10’s and 1’s both in boxes, where you place the chips in these boxes. When you lose SBR you merely change it, so say you are now at 29… 1 grey chips in 10’s box and 1 red and 4 grey in 1’s box=29

This is not your idea, you stole this idea from Jeff’s the Wargame.

• Jeff does not use that idea. I play his game regularly with him and he always writes the IPC down on his pad.

• I think the fact that this game is being released is a bit of a slap in the face to all those who bought AA50 thinking that would be the flagship game for a few years to come at least.  Why don’t they just reprint more AA50 because that’s what people want to buy.

• i think AH was pretty clear when AA50 was released that it was going to be a special run, not the staple and this more or less ended up being the deluxe version that LH was working on, though at some point he’ll likely do it again.

purely for the cost factor, AA50 couldn’t be the staple, it won’t engage most of the gaming population who don’t play enough to justify $100 game and those who will won’t buy them annually to pay the bills at AH or LH’s Axis&Allies Ranch…

• True… the game was quite expensive…

Still though… why play AA42 if AA50 is a better game with better sculpts and board?

Variety perhaps…?  But then who wants to drink Bells when you can have Jamesons?

• to judge the actual quality of the components in deciding which to play based on that, we have to wait for the release.

variety…perhaps, speed of play…maybe, can’t get AA50…sure

…one can drink too much so as to turn off one’s date as they get vomited upon…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m