What's your favorite nation and WHY?

• Personally i prefer the UK or Japan as i like messing around with navy units and having some options in my game.

However, after having great sucess with building russian bombers, they have also grown on me, but still doesn’t rival the two above.

• German tanks, artillery, and bombers are “da bomb!”.  Not to mention, they are jet black!!  So for the first time - I think the German nation is the coolest.

• I used to like UK, then Japan, but I think I’ve settled on Italy.  Classic underdog, and you can potentially grow to be a super-power

• I love playing Russia. Lots of space to trade while you build up for the counter-attack…

• @AdmiralNagano:

I love playing Russia. Lots of space to trade while you build up for the counter-attack…

what do you then build up for the counter? planes and fodder or tanks or a big mix?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

For once, I’d have to say America because, at least in the 1941 flavor, America may chose which engagement to get in.  Do they want to go after Japan so that England and Russia have more money to fight Germany; or do they want to go after Germany and Italy in hopes of taking them out in time for Russia to push back against Japan?

I also truly enjoy playing Italy since there are times Italy becomes a real monster! (I’ve had incomes well into the 40s and 50s against human players on this site with Italy.)

• @Cmdr:

For once, I’d have to say America because, at least in the 1941 flavor, America may chose which engagement to get in.  Do they want to go after Japan so that England and Russia have more money to fight Germany; or do they want to go after Germany and Italy in hopes of taking them out in time for Russia to push back against Japan?

I also truly enjoy playing Italy since there are times Italy becomes a real monster! (I’ve had incomes well into the 40s and 50s against human players on this site with Italy.)

are you into research or are you more a hardware person? personally i fancy bombers i combination with research.

• Allies - I like the UK because you are all over the world and involved right away with all of the Axis. UK can be the difference for the allies. UK should be the most experience allied player. Also UK takes alot of hits right away and can be toast if they are not played correctly right from turn 1. The beginning can be the beginning of the end for UK if they do not protect themselves. :lol:

Axis - Japan because of all the naval and air pieces you get to play with. And also no one really threatens you for awhile. 8-)

• Japan because it’s as if a modern day army/navy was brought back through time and is virtually unstopable. I’m surprised Japan didn’t come with Cruise missiles and M1 Abrams tanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m