• 2024 2023 '22

Hi! I just got the Axis And Allies D-day game at an amazing 35 US dollars, and I just finished my first game and started the second one with the advanced rules. Any ideas for strategy for both sides? Thank you!

• @superbattleshipyamato123 said in Axis And Allies D-day strategy:

Hi! I just got the Axis And Allies D-day game at an amazing 35 US dollars, and I just finished my first game and started by second one with the advanced rules. Any ideas for strategy for both sides? Thank you!

Not strategy but I would recommend NOT using the fortune cards.

• @slip-capone

Why? I think they make the game interesting.

• @superbattleshipyamato123 said in Axis And Allies D-day strategy:

@slip-capone

Why? I think they make the game interesting.

More randomness which means more luck vs skill involved.

I like D-Day and when we have played we just use the 2 card sets.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

This post is deleted!

• @squirecam

Perhaps, either way, I like to use the game to the maximum, so I will use the fortune cards-I also like how it simulates even more the unpredictability of battles, in addition to the dice, especially in a smaller battle, and of course a lot of things could go wrong in an amphibious assault, let alone one of the biggest of all time.

Now can we get back to the main topic, please? This is my first Axis And Allies tactical game, so I wonder how the limit on turns will affect how Germany will conduct the game, and the fact that you already know your exact reinforcements affect the game.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

D-Day is my favorite tactical game! Almost always comes down to the last Turn and either side can win.

For the Allies the game really boils down to two basic issues. 1) Do they use their aircraft effectively to hose German reinforcements entering the board and then later to smash any German reinforcements moving into contested cities. 2) Do they maintain a good balance against all three objectives. It is really easy to send too much against one city and not enough against another which makes life very difficult for the Allies.

For the Germans, protect your ground troops from air attack as best as possible and don’t get caught fighting for the beaches; those units are needed later. Try to maintain your mobility to be able to strike against two different cities in the end to contest just one city for the win.

• 2024 2023 '22

@andrewaagamer

In my first game, there was some battles around Caen, I abandoned Utah Beach (too far from reinforcements), and then Germany threw as many starting forces at that beach as possible, whilst I concentrated my reinforcements on the British and Omaha, who got their reinforcements faster than the Americans-it was a battle of attrition that the British could not win, especially with British tanks defending at two, and once most British forces have been destroyed, the Americans have finally broken out of Utah Beach, and easily took Cherbourg-no matter, the Americans and British couldn’t take Caen or St.Lo.

As for aircraft, I tried to avoid as many artillery pieces as possible (in hindsight, I was overly cautious regarding this), and I concnetrated as many fighters into a single zone as possible.

Another thing I want you to think about is my policy (I control both sides) for both sides, where I delay reinforcements until the single unit (usually a division, but sometimes Werfer brigades), units made up of one piece (such as the British armoured brigades) are moved immediately after deployment. I just like doing this, because I think that reinforcements not be poured in piecemeal and destroyed piecemeal, as I feel like this is what happened in real life (even if it didn’t, I still would like for divisions to operate together, even if individual units aren’t more powerful when operating within their own division. Is that a good idea? I look forward to hearing your response!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m