• This is a strat one of our group came up with, which has been very effective so far at boxing Japan in. The downside is, you’re losing Leningrad T2 - so best used against an apparent german turtle, I think.

Russia moves 6 inf to Persia R1, and builds at least some tanks in Caucasus. UK1, factory dropped in India. India can now be made invincible by the Russians for a turn or two, until the UK  can stand on its own two feet.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Skip building the factory at all

use units that start in the pacific theatre, in the pacific theatre (use dst trn from AUS to try and take a jap island for example)

Just keep around 6 units TOTAL in india, and keep blasting anything the Japs put in Burma,  this forces him to bring aircraft, and more then 2 transports to attack you.

You can put american fgts into Aus then to Ind aswell, this forces him to keep his fleet honest.

This works, and you still have maximum british pressure on GER in the atlantic, and you’ve delayed Japan significantly, which keeps more IPC’s for England going.

• Well, the common theme of slowly Japan down to a crawl is there. There’s no One True Strategy in this AA, that I’ve seen! It all depends on your opponents…

In our current game, sending so many Russians to India has been a mistake for the allied players, I think. Primarily because I (as Germany) expected it, so went with very offensive builds against Russia. The game is far, far from over however, the India IC plus a decent US pacific build has led to a lot of points for the UK - Japan is in a spot of bother, although unlikely to actually fall.

I think if Germany drops a France factory, lots of Russians to India + UK build a factory is exactly the right response, because a German turtle relies on a rampaging Japan.

• @AdmiralNagano:

I think if Germany drops a France factory, lots of Russians to India + UK build a factory is exactly the right response, because a German turtle relies on a rampaging Japan.

I agree, this is a good counter to the German turtle, ESPECIALLY if G1 Egypt fails

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m