👋 Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current)

• This post is deleted!

• Wow. Thank you all for the warm welcome and advice. I’m super excited to get started!

@barnee , thanks for the link, I checked it out this evening and registered. I will have to try the Anniversary edition.

@Digger I was born in Christchurch but live in the US today and have for a while. I’m planning a vaca back though. Appreciate the take on Anniversary. I’ll prob start with classic to work the rust off and build up to it:)!

@The-Captain I still have the CD! Good stuff. I’ll put Global on the list to play and begin the fun and beatings i’m sure.

@Tin-Can-of-the-Sea exactly I felt the same that Classis lacked naval and you could never accomplish much with Axis. Sounds like Global and Anniversary will be the games to get up to speed on.

@AndrewAAGamer I do play with a bid and recall the same with AAMC… played there a little for some time. I always seemed to end up with about 15 to play Axis - lol. Appreciate the info and I’ll try AA50 first!

Looking forward to seeing everyone around!

• Hi,
    I just started playing and joined this forum looking for some rule answers :))

I posted a question a few minutes ago, not sure if i posted it the right place, but hope you guys will respond anyway.

Regards from Denmark

• @sniffemonster
    Hi Sniffemonster,

You’re most welcome to contact me anytime. Our Axis & Allies network includes Axis & Allies play groups all over Denmark.

HQ residens just south of Copenhagen.

• Hi, Jesse here from Kelso, WA. Glad to have found this site! I especially appreciate the amazing customizations and House Rules people have developed. Wow, some really beautiful and ingenious work has been done over the years. Custom game tables, painting, solo wargaming techniques, escape rolls for transports… just awesome stuff. Thanks to all contributors!

I played Classic many times back in the 80s, CD ROM version in late '90s a few times, then rediscovered A&A (and this site) a few months ago. Have since played 1941 (teaching my wife the game that way–she picked the game up quickly and is almost as big a fan as I am now), then 1942 SE about 4 times, Europe 40 three times, Pacific 40 is next. Then G40.

I’ve been accumulating and some House Rules ideas, drafting some of my own ideas, and purchasing additional playing pieces (oil economy, Allied Lend Lease, Govt in Exile, Canada and The Netherlands-Belgium as minor Powers, elite/specialty units) so that someday my ongoing G40 games will have these elements. And I’m going to paint France’s units dark blue-gray. I hope I don’t ruin them haha.

I don’t generally have big chunks of free time, so our games tend to take a couple of weeks at a time. It’s been interesting to notice how helpful it is to have fresh-eyes between breaks, to slow down the aggression-momentum phenomenon that tends to occur when playing to get the game over quickly after a long slog of hours.

• '22 '21

@jesse144 A bit of a late bloomer when it comes to the later versions eh? You’re a rare lucky man to have a wifey to play and actually like A&A, been currently working on my house rules over the YouTube for almost a year now- they’re in it’s finishing touches before I can confidently unleash them on the Forums Real soon!!!🎲💥

• @jesse144 said in 👋 Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

Hi, Jesse here from Kelso, WA. Glad to have found this site! I especially appreciate the amazing customizations and House Rules people have developed. Wow, some really beautiful and ingenious work has been done over the years. Custom game tables, painting, solo wargaming techniques, escape rolls for transports… just awesome stuff. Thanks to all contributors!

I played Classic many times back in the 80s, CD ROM version in late '90s a few times, then rediscovered A&A (and this site) a few months ago. Have since played 1941 (teaching my wife the game that way–she picked the game up quickly and is almost as big a fan as I am now), then 1942 SE about 4 times, Europe 40 three times, Pacific 40 is next. Then G40.

I’ve been accumulating and some House Rules ideas, drafting some of my own ideas, and purchasing additional playing pieces (oil economy, Allied Lend Lease, Govt in Exile, Canada and The Netherlands-Belgium as minor Powers, elite/specialty units) so that someday my ongoing G40 games will have these elements. And I’m going to paint France’s units dark blue-gray. I hope I don’t ruin them haha.

I don’t generally have big chunks of free time, so our games tend to take a couple of weeks at a time. It’s been interesting to notice how helpful it is to have fresh-eyes between breaks, to slow down the aggression-momentum phenomenon that tends to occur when playing to get the game over quickly after a long slog of hours.

Ditto! Definitely lucky to have a wife that not only is okay with you playing but enjoys playing with you too! I am trying to convince my new wife to play and she is reluctant so far. At least she supports my habit. :)

Being in Kelso you may want to look up the Axis and Allies Portland Wargaming Group. I think they are starting to play face to face again. https://www.facebook.com/PdxAA

If you are ever up in the Seattle area we are back to playing face to face ourselves. Just had our first game last weekend.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/329268357746777

WELCOME!!!

• @nolimit
    Thanks for the welcome and info about your soon-to-be-unleashed House Rules! Yeah, I’m a bit of a late bloomer–story of my life 😄

PS that dice emoji is perfect for A&A, wow haha

• @andrewaagamer
    Thanks very much Andrew! Yes, the Portland group would be much closer, not even considering Tacoma traffic 🤯
    My best to you and your new wife. Maybe the only downside to playing together is the difficulty in getting much else done, especially when adding in WWII documentaries in between 😄
    I guess it’s a good problem to have for now, especially since the grass is about done growing this year.
    See ya around!

• @nolimit said in 👋 Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

@jesse144 A bit of a late bloomer when it comes to the later versions eh? You’re a rare lucky man to have a wifey to play and actually like A&A, been currently working on my house rules over the YouTube for almost a year now- they’re in it’s finishing touches before I can confidently unleash them on the Forums Real soon!!!🎲💥

Sweet. Something I can pick over. Lol

• @jesse144 said in 👋 Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

@andrewaagamer
    Thanks very much Andrew! Yes, the Portland group would be much closer, not even considering Tacoma traffic 🤯

Yes - Tacoma traffic. I moved to Washington in January of 2012 and they were working on the Tacoma interchange and traffic was a mess. 9 years later and from what I can tell nothing has changed. The traffic is still horrible and they are still working on it.

• Hello all - Long time, first time!

Born and raised in MA - currently living in Fitchburg, MA

I started playing A & A back when Milton Bradley issued the “big box” game about the same time they put out Fortress America & Shogun. Really loved the game and played quite a bit in the early 90’s. Got busy with life and didn’t play for a very long time until last year when I started up a (near) monthly game. Really like the additional rules and versions that have come out and now we’re playing the 1940 Global game.

The player who actually owns the game has painted pieces to identify them and done a nifty job of mounting all of the planes on little stands. Works great! To make it easier he also printed cards with the bonus income each country can earn - super helpful. I printed sheets with victory city grids (to easily keep track of how close the Axis are to winning) and the statistics of each piece (Attack, Defense, Cost). I still own part of my original A & A game, and picked up a later edition. Use the money from these older versions with the newer 1940 version we currently play. No house rules yet - actually looking forward to finally trying the Optional Research & Development Rules with this version.

• '22 '21

@mkgionet Welcome to the Force, you’ll find out that the OOB Tech Rules are nearly improbable to play with- no doubt you’ll have to house rule it in order to make it playable, perhaps do it Anniversary style!!!

• @mkgionet WELCOME!!!

Another old-timer. That age group is growing!

• @mkgionet
    Hi mkgionet,

You might find inspiration at the House Rules section at the forum - and since you play the 1940 version, you should definitely study the following:

1. Global 1940 Basic Expansion
    2. Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion
    3. Axis & Allies Global 1943 House Rules Expansion

These Expansions also include units & rules that are inspired by some of the first Expansion sets that came out in the early 90’s.

Tons of fun & challenge is guaranteed:+1:

• Hello all!

My name is Colin and I just joined this forum so that I could discuss strategy with Aardvark Pepper who I have met on AA online through Steam.

This is a great web site and I have read most of the strategy articles posted here. Shout out to Black Elk for his work which was very enlightening to me. I also think the AA calculator from this site is a great tool!!

I started playing AA original edition back in the 1990s. At one point the game was on clearance for $5 a box at Target. So I bought 6 boxes of those to have more pieces. I also had Fortress America another version of the game at that time.

I made my own version of the game combining some other rules from war games that I was playing and made a new map for this using Rand McNally Atlas and pasted it to the boards, outlining new territories and IPC values for each of these. After doing this I became interested in polar origin maps as perhaps a better type of map for my modified version of the game. As it turns out this is what Larry Harris has done with his new version of the game War Room. Great ninds think alike right?? XD

I have not yet played war room but I would like to at some time.

I was a topographic analyst for the US Army 2001 to 2009. I will say that my interest in maps was greatly encouraged by my experience with this game as well as other war games I have been playing since I was 8 years old.

I was recently reintroduced to the game by it becoming available on Steam by Beamdog. I find it very enjoyable and I think this newer version of the game is very well balanced.

Although I have been familiar with the game for a long time I still consider myself pretty new to it compared to many of you. I only got to play the game with other people perhaps 20 or so times before being able to play it online. Now I have over 300 games under my belt and I have learned a lot but still learning.

I look forward to reading more of peoples posts here on the forum and discussing theory with you all.

• Hello mkgionet

I had Shogun too! I forgot about that one. Good times!!

• Hi @dead-rabbits

Welcome to the site. In case you are unaware of it, you can play other axis and allies games on triplea. https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/17147/gargantua-s-k-i-s-s-triplea-instructions

• @dead-rabbits said in 👋 Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

At one point the game was on clearance for $5 a box at Target. So I bought 6 boxes

Wow! Six boxes at $5 each!!! What a steal!!!

WELCOME!!!

• @dead-rabbits
    Yes, great game, I’d love to find a copy. I did buy the new Shogun game that came out and it seems to be pretty good but seems to take quite a long time to play so I haven’t yet been able to make it through an entire game. Maybe we’ll take a break from A&A at some point to give this “new” version of Shogun a try.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m