• I miss being able to come back to the AAR forums months later and have at least a page or two of strategy threads to romp through. The forums seem to be a bit thin, and I was wondering if there was some super-secret one that I’m missing:

A&A.org (this one): tends to be the best; currently kinda dead.
    TripleA War Club: kind of a ghost town, sadly.
    Avalon Hill: was OK before it got rebooted; now it’s a mish-mash of A&A everything.
    Harris Game Design: sorta outdated.
    IAAPA: very outdated and not the best interface imho.
    AAMC: also very outdated.

Not to be ungrateful, but only A&A.org, TripleA and Larry’s are even worth visiting, and none of those are very happening places right now. I’m not looking to turn this thread into an extended whine. I just want to be sure I’m not missing out on some lively strategy discussion.

• It is all in the Anniversary edition section. Revised has taken a back seat while folks play with the new toy.

Yeah, Anniversary edition has taken its toll on Revised.  It’ll be interesting to see what happens when AA42 comes out in Aug., which is supposed to be an updated Revised game.

• I’m glad I never got into AA50. I figured I’d wait a year or two and see what is out there. AA50 isn’t really even for sale anymore.

AA42 will most likely be what people play for the next decade. But just like the original, many will still play AAR for years to come.

You can find good AAR strategies and opponents at GTO, www.gametableonline.com. The site is always improving and should even have a save game option in the next month or so. It already has a facebook version that uses a save game system, http://apps.facebook.com/axisandallies/.

It doesn’t have a full bidding system in place, but it does have preselectable options for bids. It has about 10 at the moment and should have about 50 in a couple weeks at the latest.

• @bb82:

I’m glad I never got into AA50.

Blasphemy!

Just kidding. I haven’t gotten to AA50 yet. I would play it if a friend got a copy but its all A&AR until then or when AA42 comes out.

• @bb82:

I’m glad I never got into AA50. I figured I’d wait a year or two and see what is out there. AA50 isn’t really even for sale anymore.

AA42 will most likely be what people play for the next decade. But just like the original, many will still play AAR for years to come.

You can find good AAR strategies and opponents at GTO, www.gametableonline.com. The site is always improving and should even have a save game option in the next month or so. It already has a facebook version that uses a save game system, http://apps.facebook.com/axisandallies/.

It doesn’t have a full bidding system in place, but it does have preselectable options for bids. It has about 10 at the moment and should have about 50 in a couple weeks at the latest.

Hey I also use the facebook app for axis and allies. Because its the only place I can really get a game and is alot easier to set-up  :wink:

• Testguy, have you checked out TripleA? There is almost always someone on the server. And it’s mostly Revised games. Very nice software (only minor rules mistakes) and there’s an edit function if you mess up and your opponent is forgiving.

• No, how do I get triplea? :?

• You can find it here. http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki

I use the latest unstable - 1032.

It has quite a few maps besides A&A Revised. It has AA50 both scenarios, Classic, Europe, and Pacific. I haven’t gotten to all of it, I stick mostly to the LHTR version of revised.

• thanks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m