• i have played many games on my AA50 board game now and i have run into a few questions about some rules. here are the questions i ran into. #1- if i attack an aircraft carrier that has planes on it and roll a hit with my suprise attack, do the planes sink with it or do they just fly to a safe landing zone since subs and planes can’t attack each other? or if i miss my suprise attack and hit on the 2nd roll, whats happens then? just wondering cuz if the suprise attack hits, would that mean that the planes weren’t defending in the air yet? #2- i bought a complex with italy and placed it in egypt. then americans a few turns later liberated egypt. then futher down the road japan took control of egypt. now does the factory still belong to italy or is it in japans control to use? #3- the rules state that paratroopers “must stop in the first hostile territory it enters during a turn and drop off the infantry.” now does this matters if the territoy is still hostile but is unoccupied? #4 can bombers with the paratrooper tech fly to another territory, pick a infantry then fly to a hostile territory to conduct combat? or does the infantry have to start in the same territory that the bomber does?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '11 '10

#1 If they are next to an island or country that belongs to you they can land.
        2nd roll for subs are still first-strike.
    #2 It will be japanese.
    #3 Yes. That is why you can “clear” a territory by blitzing, so you can paradrop in the next
        country.
    #4 No. Same territory to begin with.

• '10

@Bjergmose:

#1 If they are next to an island or country that belongs to you they can land.
        2nd roll for subs are still first-strike.
    #2 It will be japanese.
    #3 Yes. That is why you can “clear” a territory by blitzing, so you can paradrop in the next
        country.
    #4 No. Same territory to begin with.

I believe Bjergmose is correct on all counts

• Official Q&A

On #1, I would add that the fighters may also land on a friendly carrier in the same or an adjacent sea zone.

• Bjergmose has all the correct answers. If a carrier is sunk in that way, the planes can land on any friendly island, land or other carrier in the same sea zone. If not they are lost. 8-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m