Question about fighter placement on newly built AC's

• Okay, in AA-50, it is allowed to have fighters end their non-combat move (or combat move) in a sea zone, when you are planning on placing a newly purchased AC in that same sea zone. Right?

It is also allowed, to place newly purchased naval units into a sea zone that already contains enemy naval units. Right?

How about….Japan is surrounded by an american fleet, and there is 4 fighters on Japan?

Is there a way to have 2 AC’s pop up in the Japanese sea at the mobilize new units phase, and have those 4 fighters get on them AC’s aswell, without having those 4 fighters battle that american fleet first?

If that is no option…does anyone have some suggestions how to counter 4 American battleships, 2 destroyers and an empty aircraft carrier sitting at the japanese sea? (see attachment)

Japan has no naval units left, but does have 4 fighters on Japan. Japan also has about 20 IPC more then America, and America is losing IPC’s, and Japan is at least stable in it’s income (Asia is fully conquered, with no immediate threats).
    Next to that, there’s an IC in Manchuria, FIC, Burma and India.

I myself was pondering, if I (well, my teammate who is playing Japan…screw him for letting US get 4 Battleships there :P ) just built 5 subs, a battleship and 2 AC’s, and have the 4 fighters land on the AC’s.
    If USA then decided to attack the fleet, he will first have to kill of 5 subs + 1 shot at the Battleship, while there’s 2 rounds of fire coming from the Battleships and fighters, which makes a total of 10 times a 4. That should at least damage all Battleships, and maybe a destroyer or 2, weakening the fleet.

America has no immediate reinforcements, but Japan can immediately replenish it’s navy, and continue the fight against the sole Battleships. Sure, big losses there, but Japan needs the pacific supremacy at all costs.

If he decided not to attack, even better.

But…if I cant get those 4 fighters there, this will be no option. So then I prolly should just reside to start builing a fleet at FIC and Burma, and face the challenge later on.

• Official Q&A

@Woodstock:

Okay, in AA-50, it is allowed to have fighters end their non-combat move (or combat move) in a sea zone, when you are planning on placing a newly purchased AC in that same sea zone. Right?

Right.

@Woodstock:

It is also allowed, to place newly purchased naval units into a sea zone that already contains enemy naval units. Right?

Yes.

@Woodstock:

How about….Japan is surrounded by an american fleet, and there is 4 fighters on Japan?

Is there a way to have 2 AC’s pop up in the Japanese sea at the mobilize new units phase, and have those 4 fighters get on them AC’s aswell, without having those 4 fighters battle that american fleet first?

Yes.  The fighters may move into the sea zone in noncombat movement, since you are mobilizing carriers there.

• Kick ass. Thanks Krieghund.

Now only to do some math…I just spotted 3 bombers and 2 fighters within range aswell for the americans…Ouch

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m