@Jermofoot:

Wait, who’s Owen?

Luke’s Uncle.

I think in Ep 4, there is something like this exchange between Luke and Obi-Wan:

Luke:  No, my father didn’t fight in the clone wars, he was spice frieghter pilot…
    Obi-Wan:  That is what your uncle told you.  He didn’t hold with your father’s ideals and said he shouldn’t get involved…

• George Lucus’s demand for comic relief in the Star Wars series always bothered me. His use of the droid army for laughs always got on my nerves. I want to see droids that are emotionless and ruthless.

• I want to see droids that are emotionless and ruthless.

Roger–Roger.

• @ABWorsham:

George Lucus’s demand for comic relief in the Star Wars series always bothered me. His use of the droid army for laughs always got on my nerves. I want to see droids that are emotionless and ruthless.

Yeah, honestly a droid army should be quite difficult to defeat.  You’d actually HAVE to program them to act like idiots.  If done correctly, they’d be more like a hive mind that could respond to everything you throw at them.

• @ABWorsham:

George Lucus’s demand for comic relief in the Star Wars series always bothered me. His use of the droid army for laughs always got on my nerves. I want to see droids that are emotionless and ruthless.

Whats wrong with a little comic relief?

@Jermofoot:

Yeah, honestly a droid army should be quite difficult to defeat.  You’d actually HAVE to program them to act like idiots.  If done correctly, they’d be more like a hive mind that could respond to everything you throw at them.

I disagree that they would be super difficult to defeat beacause they wouldn’t be able to react as fast as humans or other beings.  I mean sure is would be difficult.  Their numbers alone would cause problems.  But no computer would be able to compare to a humans will to survive and inginuity.

• @Historybuff:

I disagree that they would be super difficult to defeat beacause they wouldn’t be able to react as fast as humans or other beings.  I mean sure is would be difficult.  Their numbers alone would cause problems.  But no computer would be able to compare to a humans will to survive and inginuity.

I’m talking about a hive mind here.  Humans have no ability to communicate like that.  Of course it would take some serious programming, but I see a networked droid army as being overwhelming and highly responsive.

Ingenuity, analytical ability, and cunning ideas have their own place.  But a droid army that functions at its potential would be devastating.  Not to mention that they would know no fear, depression, fatigue, etc.

• Yes, I agree the behavior of the droid armies is also seriously suspect.  First off, they act like eight year olds walking through the forest, noticing things but not taking any kind of military posture.  But if they were real, they would communicate at the speed of light, some of them working as sensors, some laying down defensive fire, and others manuvering or attacking.  If they couldn’t neutralize a threat, they would just pull back a little and nuke the whole area.  If they knocked out a few of their own, so what.  We can make more.

Still, my biggest objection is that the force is wide open full contact all out combat.  But in the later movies, it seems the force is not the fearsome weapon it was before.

I also think the defensive fire from the Death Star in Episode IV would have been much more effective.

• @Historybuff:

@ABWorsham:

Whats wrong with a little comic relief?

@Jermofoot:

I think there is better situations to find a place for comic relief than combat scenes. R2D2 is the savior in many situations in Star Wars, yet battle droids seem to play a misfit role.

Now a droid similar to Terminator would rock!

• @ABWorsham:

I think there is better situations to find a place for comic relief than combat scenes. R2D2 is the savior in many situations in Star Wars, yet battle droids seem to play a misfit role.

R2 was the little droid that could.  8-)

Now a droid similar to Terminator would rock!

Exactly!  Instead we’ve got droids that are better at babysitting and gave C-3PO a run for his money on the “Totally Inept” title.

• I agree with the inconsistencies mentioned about the EP 1, 2, 3 vs. 4, 5 & 6. I think Lucas should have never bothered with the “Clone Wars” and did a trilogy on the “Knights of the Old Repulic” 1000 years or so before the first Death Star explosion instead.  That way you start with all new caracters and the end plot is not already known and anti-climactic.
    If you have ever read Darth Bane 1 and 2 you know what I am talking about. Imagine thousands of Sith fighting against thousands of Jedi, all in their prime, the battles would be glorious and the action would never stop. Also the way Bane deceives everyone, even his own kind, is true Sith tactics and he is the one who created “The Rule of Two”. That would be something to see. He was ever to make more SW movies that is where I would go.
    The only other choicce is to get all the original cast members back and do a series after EP6, when aliens come from a different galaxy and invade. This would include Luke as the head of the New Jedi order, Lea and Han married, all their Jedi kids, etc.
    EP1 to 3 are definitely good, mostly duer to effects and battles, but lack story and depth like the originals had.

• If you want a good story after the Ep. VI check out Timothy Zahn’s Thrawn Trilogy of books. Bloody good stuff that should have been filmed instead of the prequels.

The two Bane stories were okay.

• Thanks frimmel, I will see if I can locate them to check out. 8-)

• @Panzer:

Thanks frimmel, I will see if I can locate them to check out. 8-)

Those books really establish the whole Extended Universe of Star Wars and pretty much any of the novels set after Ep. VI with Luke and company is established with those books. I know my local library has them and they are usually still available in the ‘Star Wars’ section of Walden’s and so on.

Frankly I think that whole section of those stores really owes its existence to the Zahn Books.

Careful with the Amazon link, the blurbs have spoilerish info.

• @frimmel:

@Panzer:

Thanks frimmel, I will see if I can locate them to check out. 8-)

Those books really establish the whole Extended Universe of Star Wars and pretty much any of the novels set after Ep. VI with Luke and company is established with those books. I know my local library has them and they are usually still available in the ‘Star Wars’ section of Walden’s and so on.

Frankly I think that whole section of those stores really owes its existence to the Zahn Books.

Careful with the Amazon link, the blurbs have spoilerish info.

I actually have a whole lot of Star Wars Novels which I bought on e-bay in a bundle and I have read around half of them so far, mostly the early ones before EP1, and have read only a couple of the newer ones as of yet. I checked and I have some of the Zahn books already, but have not yet read them. I will get to it and check them out. Thanks again.

• I know is old topic.  Friend send me link with Star Wars Episode 1 told in 5 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GayASsb4G8k

• Customizer

Lucas can only wipe out the memory of eps 1-3 by by producing what he always should have done - 3 sequals in which Luke is corrupted by the force and becomes the new Emperor.

This mirrors the corruption of the American Republic as it succumbs to the dominant influence of Freemasonry and becomes just as much of an Empire as the nation from whom it (or at least it’s controlling minority) chose to split.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Look, all I know is I wanted to kill Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars Galaxies.

I could care less about physics, etc.  Make the story quality and even minor things like lightsabers being in one vs two hands and flipping instead of leaning around becomes hardly noticeable.  After all, if yer clinging to the edge of your seat, waiting on baited breath to find out of the hero/heroine is going to survive, are you really taking note of if they are fighting in the same “style” as the other movies?

• @Flashman:

Lucas can only wipe out the memory of eps 1-3 by by producing what he always should have done - 3 sequals in which Luke is corrupted by the force and becomes the new Emperor.

I don’t think that’s what happens post-initial trilogy as far as the supplementary books goes.  I thought those were canonical as well, but I could be wrong.

This mirrors the corruption of the American Republic as it succumbs to the dominant influence of Freemasonry and becomes just as much of an Empire as the nation from whom it (or at least it’s controlling minority) chose to split.

:lol: Freemasons?  Funny stuff.  But you are right…The American Empire is real.  It’s been less about military conquest (although is still there) and more about economic subjugation.

• Customizer

Remember that the British presence in India was a commercial enterprise by an independent company to start with; it’s only after the Mutiny that direct government control was established.

Most Imperial enterprises begin as “Protectorates” under puppet governments.

• Jar Jar Binks, wish the droid army would have finished the job.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m