• i need help
    in a game, british attacked my german fleet
    now, he only attacks with fighters, and i have a sub
    may i take a hit with the sub?
    i have not submerged it, or done anything to/with it

• I feelthat you should be able to leave it on the surface and soak a hit for your cruiser, but the rules seem to indicate no, your baltic fleet is toast and your sub is auto submerged.

• Nope, sorry.  Planes can only hit subs if a friendly destroyer is present.  In this case the sub can’t be hit, or fight back.

• Posted on: Today at 03:11:10 pmPosted by: Telamon
    Nope, sorry.  Planes can only hit subs if a friendly destroyer is present.  In this case the sub can’t be hit, or fight back.

That is what I said, I was just also voicing my disagreement with the rule. Many subs were sunk by air in the war I believe (experts chime in) and not being able to leave them on the surface to help out your navy (soak hits for warships) nerfs them even further I am going to suggest this as a house rule with my group since it might keep the baltic fleet alive until G2

• yeah
    cause, if a sub is not submerged, why can’t it soak up hits?
    technically, you can make a battleship aswell not able to soak hits, or let the enemy pick your hits!

• Approximately half of the U-Boat losses were due to Aircraft.

However in this version of Axis and Allies subs may not be hit by aircraft without an attacking destroyer present. Axis and Allies is not a very accurate recreation of WWII. However, it is a fun game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m