• here goes:  germans have radar tech.  move the italian AA gun out of Italy to Balkans, then move German AA gun into Italy and use it against SBRs and attacks? how about if germans had rockets?  why not put an AA gun in every german tt? damn US heavy bombers.

• Yes if you move the german AA to italy, it still preserves the German Tech advantage.  I played a multiplayer game where Japan got radar and shot an AA through the suez to help protect in europe.

You can also move multiple AA’s around for rockets, however, keep in mind that each territory can only shoot one IC (regardless of how many AA’s are there) and each IC may only be hit by one AA/rocket during a turn.  If germany has 10 AAs, but those rockets can only reach 4 ICs, it can only fire 4 rockets.

Also keep in mind that since the Rocket fire is part of combat, you can’t fire it and non-combat move the AA on the same turn.  You have to move it into position first, then fire the next turn.

• cool thank you

• You still only get to use one AA gun, right?  The German one you moved to Italy with the radar on it?

• Correct.  Only 1 gets to shoot at incoming planes in a given territory.  But I’d rather it shoot on a 2 than a 1.

• @TimTheEnchanter:

each IC may only be hit by one AA/rocket during a turn

We mistakenly played that multiple AA guns could fire rockets at a single IC.  Like heavy bombers, it was too
    powerful.  However, only being able to to fire one rocket at each IC is too weak.

How about limiting each IC to being attacked twice per turn? (by bombers and rockets)

Another idea is to reduce rockets’ range to 2, but allow an unlimited number of rockets to fire at each IC. That’s more interesting, though it doesn’t fix heavy bombers.

• Posted by: deslock
    How about limiting each IC to being attacked twice per turn? (by bombers and rockets)

If I understand things correctly, that is how the rules work already, you can bomb and rocket each factory in range: max damage double icp value

• @critmonster:

Posted by: deslock

If I understand things correctly, that is how the rules work already, you can bomb and rocket each factory in range: max damage double icp value

My understanding is that only one rocket can be fired per turn at each IC while there is no limit to the number of bombers that can hit each IC.

Because there is a limit to how much damage each IC can have, heavy bombers aren’t as broken as they could be.  So I’m more concerned with making rockets more powerful (than with weakening heavy bombers).

• free 1d6 dmg to each IC in range is pretty good if you ask me. japan and usa need to do some shuffling if they get this, but everyone else gets to start shooting right away

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m