Axis-Dominion (allies+15) vs Simon33 (Axis) BM4 Game III

• @axis-dominion said in Axis-Dominion (allies+15) vs Simon33 (Axis) BM4 Game III:

well that was a nice spanking for Japan. taught them a lesson not to be too aggressive

You mean the fleet here, right? Seems some kind of miscalculation for sure.

Yunnan was just disappointing.

• '19 '17 '16

TripleA Turn Summary: Italians round 6

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 6

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 3 artilleries, 1 fighter and 4 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Italians
            1 transport moved from 97 Sea Zone to 95 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Southern Italy to 95 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 95 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Libya to Tunisia
            2 infantry moved from 98 Sea Zone to Trans-Jordan
            2 fighters moved from 97 Sea Zone to Trans-Jordan
            1 battleship and 1 cruiser moved from 97 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone
            2 armour and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Ukraine to Caucasus
                  Italians take Rostov from Russians

Combat - Italians
            Battle in Trans-Jordan
                Italians attack with 2 fighters and 2 infantry
                British defend with 1 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 1 battleship and 1 cruiser in Trans-Jordan, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Trans-Jordan, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the British and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Trans-Jordan
                Italians win, taking Trans-Jordan from British with 2 fighters and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Italians: 1 infantry
                Casualties for British: 1 infantry
            Battle in Tunisia
                Italians attack with 1 armour, 2 artilleries and 6 infantry
                Americans defend with 1 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour, 2 artilleries and 6 infantry in Tunisia, round 2 : 5/9 hits, 2.50 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 infantry in Tunisia, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Tunisia
                Italians win, taking Tunisia from Americans with 1 armour, 2 artilleries and 6 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Americans: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Italians
            2 fighters moved from Trans-Jordan to 98 Sea Zone
            3 infantry moved from Southern Italy to 97 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Northern Italy to 97 Sea Zone
            4 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Western Germany
            1 artillery, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 3 infantry, 1 submarine and 2 transports moved from 97 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from 98 Sea Zone to Syria
            1 infantry moved from Caucasus to Northwest Persia
            2 infantry moved from Bulgaria to Greece
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Belarus to Archangel

Place Units - Italians
            1 artillery, 1 fighter and 1 infantry placed in Southern Italy
            2 artilleries and 3 infantry placed in Northern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
            Italians collect 26 PUs; end with 26 PUs
            Objective Italians 4 Control Iraq Or Persia Or Northwest Persia: Italians met a national objective for an additional 6 PUs; end with 32 PUs
            Objective Italians 5 Control Convoy Lanes: Italians met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 35 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Americans regular : -0.33
    Italians regular : 2.33
    British regular : 0.67

Savegame

• @simon33 said in Axis-Dominion (allies+15) vs Simon33 (Axis) BM4 Game III:

@axis-dominion said in Axis-Dominion (allies+15) vs Simon33 (Axis) BM4 Game III:

well that was a nice spanking for Japan. taught them a lesson not to be too aggressive

lol no I mean the Chinese spanked the japs hard lol

• TripleA Turn Summary: French round 6

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 6

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 2 submarines and 1 tactical_bomber; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 fighter moved from Hunan to Manchuria
            1 fighter moved from Korea to Manchuria

Combat - ANZAC
            Battle in Manchuria
                ANZAC attack with 2 fighters
                Japanese defend with 1 infantry
                    ANZAC roll dice for 2 fighters in Manchuria, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Manchuria, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 2 fighters in Manchuria, round 3 : 2/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Manchuria, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Manchuria
                ANZAC win with 2 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Changing ownership of Marshall Islands from Japanese to ANZAC
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Changing ownership of Marshall Islands from ANZAC to Japanese
            2 fighters moved from Manchuria to Korea
            2 fighters moved from New South Wales to New Guinea
            1 aaGun, 2 artilleries, 1 infantry and 1 marine moved from New South Wales to Queensland
            1 submarine moved from 26 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone

Place Units - ANZAC
            2 submarines placed in 62 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber placed in New South Wales

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 11 PUs; end with 11 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 3 Pacific Supply Lines: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 14 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 17 PUs

Combat Move - French

Turn Complete - French

Japanese regular : -0.67
    ANZAC regular : 0.00

Savegame

• '19 '17 '16

TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 7

Game History

Round: 7

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 1 armour, 6 artilleries, 7 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            12 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Belarus to Bryansk
            2 armour and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Archangel to Bryansk
            1 fighter moved from Novgorod to Bryansk
            1 armour moved from Ukraine to Bryansk
            6 armour, 8 artilleries, 2 bombers, 30 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Ukraine to Bryansk
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Northern Italy to Holland Belgium
            1 fighter moved from Western Germany to Holland Belgium
            1 infantry moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Holland Belgium

Combat - Germans
            Battle in Holland Belgium
                Germans attack with 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                British defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the British lost in Holland Belgium
                Germans win, taking Holland Belgium from British with 1 fighter, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for British: 1 infantry
            Battle in Bryansk
                Germans attack with 9 armour, 20 artilleries, 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 36 infantry and 6 mech_infantrys
                Russians defend with 4 aaGuns, 28 artilleries, 42 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                    Russians roll AA dice in Bryansk : 1/3 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the Germans lost in Bryansk
                    Germans roll dice for 9 armour, 20 artilleries, 2 bombers, 36 infantry and 6 mech_infantrys in Bryansk, round 2 : 34/73 hits, 22.83 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 4 aaGuns, 28 artilleries, 42 infantry and 1 mech_infantry in Bryansk, round 2 : 28/71 hits, 23.67 expected hits
                    30 infantry owned by the Russians, 28 infantry owned by the Germans and 4 aaGuns owned by the Russians lost in Bryansk
                    Germans roll dice for 9 armour, 20 artilleries, 2 bombers, 8 infantry and 6 mech_infantrys in Bryansk, round 3 : 18/45 hits, 17.17 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 28 artilleries, 12 infantry and 1 mech_infantry in Bryansk, round 3 : 15/41 hits, 13.67 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the Russians, 12 infantry owned by the Russians, 5 artilleries owned by the Russians, 7 artilleries owned by the Germans and 8 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Bryansk
                    Germans roll dice for 9 armour, 13 artilleries, 2 bombers and 6 mech_infantrys in Bryansk, round 4 : 12/30 hits, 12.17 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 23 artilleries in Bryansk, round 4 : 6/23 hits, 7.67 expected hits
                    12 artilleries owned by the Russians and 6 artilleries owned by the Germans lost in Bryansk
                    Germans roll dice for 9 armour, 7 artilleries, 2 bombers and 6 mech_infantrys in Bryansk, round 5 : 11/24 hits, 10.17 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 11 artilleries in Bryansk, round 5 : 0/11 hits, 3.67 expected hits
                    11 artilleries owned by the Russians lost in Bryansk
                Germans win, taking Bryansk from Russians with 9 armour, 7 artilleries, 2 bombers and 6 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 92
                Casualties for Germans: 13 artilleries, 1 fighter and 36 infantry
                Casualties for Russians: 4 aaGuns, 28 artilleries, 42 infantry and 1 mech_infantry

Non Combat Move - Germans
            2 bombers moved from Bryansk to Archangel
            1 aaGun moved from Belarus to Archangel
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Finland to Archangel
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Holland Belgium to Western Germany
            2 aaGuns moved from Ukraine to Bryansk
            2 bombers moved from Archangel to Novgorod
            1 artillery moved from Novgorod to Archangel
            5 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from Vyborg to Finland
            2 artilleries moved from Novgorod to Vyborg
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Finland to Novgorod
            1 transport moved from 115 Sea Zone to 114 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Germany to 114 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 114 Sea Zone to 115 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 115 Sea Zone to Finland
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Novgorod to Archangel
            1 artillery and 7 infantry moved from Poland to Baltic States
            1 artillery and 4 infantry moved from Germany to Poland
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Western Germany to Germany
            3 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Western Germany
            1 submarine moved from 112 Sea Zone to 115 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Western Germany to Baltic States
            1 fighter moved from Southern Italy to Ukraine
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Northern Italy to Ukraine

Place Units - Germans
            1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys placed in Ukraine
            3 artilleries placed in Novgorod
            3 artilleries and 1 mech_infantry placed in Germany
            7 infantry placed in Western Germany
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from Poland: 1 artillery and 4 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to Germany: 1 artillery and 4 infantry

Turn Complete - Germans
            Germans collect 51 PUs; end with 51 PUs
            Objective Germans 7 Control of Balkans: Germans met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 53 PUs
            Objective Germans 3 Control Caucasus: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 58 PUs
            Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 63 PUs

Russians regular : 0.33
    Germans regular : 13.33
    Russians AA : 0.50
    British regular : -0.33

Savegame

• Well, that went well, felt it was necessary or my troops would have remained separated. Also was happy to kill all the AA Guns.

@axis-dominion said in Axis-Dominion (allies+15) vs Simon33 (Axis) BM4 Game III:

@simon33 said in Axis-Dominion (allies+15) vs Simon33 (Axis) BM4 Game III:

lol no I mean the Chinese spanked the japs hard lol

I felt it was worth the risk of taking the stand. Didn’t want to cede the Burma Rd. You got it anyway (or at least will do), although that was with the help of MARTI.

• gg. can’t recover from that. I guess I must’ve miscalculated there, or was supposed to send in some allied air to lower the odds on Bryansk. I guess I’ve been too distracted with my other games and plain forgot.

oh well. congrats on your first win against me. there’s always a first time!

• @axis-dominion said in Axis-Dominion (allies+15) vs Simon33 (Axis) BM4 Game III:

gg. can’t recover from that. I guess I must’ve miscalculated there, or was supposed to send in some allied air to lower the odds on Bryansk. I guess I’ve been too distracted with my other games and plain forgot.

You didn’t have any air which could reach, so you didn’t forget that, unless the US were planning to build an airbase perhaps, then 3 UK planes could get in. Was a 67% battle with a +7.52TUV swing. I’m guessing you didn’t think I would take that risk but it was absolutely essential for me to do so. And a particularly necessary risk after disasters in the Pacific.

• @simon33 said in Axis-Dominion (allies+15) vs Simon33 (Axis) BM4 Game III:

gg. can’t recover from that. I guess I must’ve miscalculated there, or was supposed to send in some allied air to lower the odds on Bryansk. I guess I’ve been too distracted with my other games and plain forgot.

You didn’t have any air which could reach, so you didn’t forget that, unless the US were planning to build an airbase perhaps, then 3 UK planes could get in. Was a 67% battle with a +7.52TUV swing. I’m guessing you didn’t think I would take that risk but it was absolutely essential for me to do so. And a particularly necessary risk after disasters in the Pacific.

no, I know better not to give such odds to a lower ranked player. I’ve paid that price a few too many times, just like I did now. so I absolutely know I didn’t just give you those odds expecting you not to attack. against top tier players, it’s a no-brainer, they wouldn’t take those odds. but lower ranked will almost always dive in for those odds to have a chance to beat a higher skilled/ranked player. so like I said, either I miscalculated completely (which is rare for me), or I was planning on an AB in Norway (which is most likely the case). I honestly don’t remember anymore.

• '19 '17 '16

Ok, I was thinking that if the battle went bad I would need to retreat, even before the disasters in the Pacific. The attack was absolutely essential IMO because of the split in my forces which could not be allowed to stand - if you had flown the planes in, I would still have felt the attack was necessary but may have retreated after 1 round.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m