• @crockett36

Just a thought that came up in my mind Crockett but let me know what you think

So i think you’re strategy does bode well for the Allies in the pacific, obviously japan would definitely be taking the heat, but more often than not you’ll be trading navy for navy with Japan which isn’t always the most cost effective thing as America since Japan begins with an initially strong navy, so I think something that you could use your strategic bombers for is… well… strategic bomb the hell out of Tokyo.

Japan is limited to one industrial complex to start the game, already putting them in a pretty tough situation to increase their global sphere of influence, Granted while they may put IC’s in places like Shanghai, Hong Kong, Indochina and maybe Malaya, these’ll for the most part only be producing 3 and not much of a threat to the Allies, but bombing Japan can indefinitely decrease their ability to maintain a proper offensive against the Allies and China in mainland Asia as well as limit their ability to reinforce the navy.

Just a thought though.

• @thedesertfox EXACTLY. Japan is much more fragile than most of us have thought. And, like in WAR ROOM, the sea of Japan is easy for the Allies to dominate. Especially if the IJN goes south to take Calcutta. I appreciate you thinking outside the box, even for a moment.

My only counter point would be that, by focusing on Japan for four turns, that is enough to allow China and UKpac and Anzac to thrive enough to hold them off. Then you can commit powerfully to Europe. Perhaps with the same air power that has run rough shod over the Pac.

• @crockett36

Precisely, you’re right on the money.

See the thing that I feel most American players don’t really take into consideration is that they feel that they’re only limited to either going 100% in the Pacific or 100% in the Atlantic. But from past experiences when playing as America I’ve found them to honestly primarily act as a support role if anything then actually take it to Japan. Obviously they’ll be fighting Japanese warships but really all you need to have as America in the Pacific is a small parameter of island-hopping troops, some strategic bombers to essentially utilize islands such as Guam and Wake Island to quickly maneuver around the Pacific and bomb Japan, and then after that the UK Pacific and Anzac will take the money islands for themselves and have an outstanding incredible boost in IPC’s to go along with their national objectives and they’ll essentially be beating Japan back at this point all the way to Manchuria, since frankly you really don’t have to make landings in Japan per say but just push them out of mainland Asia.

With that, you can still develop your floating bridge as the United States in the Atlantic whilst simultaneously using leftover IPCs you DIDNT use in the Atlantic to build strategic bombers in the Pacific as well as other warships/transports.

• @thedesertfox I should do a mock up of a J1 next.

• @crockett36

yeah best to try different scenarios since the time at which Japan attack definitely varies.

• @thedesertfox So squirecam’s moves have made it clear that an upgrade to the w coast factory would be important, especially if there are no Asian builds. Also, if there are no asian builds, China and the English must push for Hong Kong to stave off an island VC win.

• @crockett36 said in Converting to KJF:

@thedesertfox So squirecam’s moves have made it clear that an upgrade to the w coast factory would be important, especially if there are no Asian builds. Also, if there are no asian builds, China and the English must push for Hong Kong to stave off an island VC win.

That was the thought process. See if I could nab the islands while Japan had the sea advantage and try to hold serve in the north vs the Russians. Not sure how this is going to go but that’s why we’re testing it.

• @squirecam good thoughts, though 2 steps ahead. I thought “novel American strategy “, you thought “novel Japanese strategy “. Did you see ygs Japan video? Serendipity

@squirecam good thoughts, though 2 steps ahead. I thought “novel American strategy “, you thought “novel Japanese strategy “. Did you see ygs Japan video? Serendipity

I mentioned stacking Hawaii to him in his USA video but I dont think he saw it. His USA purchase was transports for the Atlantic. It’s different though because he should be trying for the USA island token.

• @crockett36

A decently good idea if I had to say so myself, and with the British declaring war on Japan sooner then that of which Japan declares war on them, means that America will be out of the war until turn 4, so building a major industrial complex on the Western United States is imperative to get units pumping into the Pacific to be able to really give it to the Japanese.

Now the only problem with this is that, being that the wave technique as well as any strat bombers you wanted to mobilize, on top of upgrading you minor IC to a major one, is sinking ALOT of money into the Pacific side, so to me it seems like a risk reward situation. It could go well, but all the same you don’t have to plunge that much money into Japan to take them out, I think something that would inevitably imperative is the taking of the Japanese mainland all together as America if you’re going to go all in. In other words, you’re going to stage your navy in Alaska and the Aleutian Islands, and make preparations for an actual invasion of the Japanese mainland. As crazy of an idea as this sounds, it’s like you said Crockett, Japan is a lot more fragile then people think. What you’d be doing here is turning Japan’s greatest asset (they’re located on an island), into their greatest curse, and since they’re on an island, they’re most notably open to amphibious invasion.

• @thedesertfox there was a thread on here that mentions just that thing. He buys a bomber for Russia and takes out the jap destroyer.

• @crockett36

Precisely, you could almost think of it as a the ocean canopener.

• Well the test has lasted seven turns. It’s gotten to the point that’s it’s far afield of what we were supposed to be testing.

But DF I think one thing is not to ignore the Russians in Amur. I think you simply bite that bullet and attack them J1 and get it over with. It’s too restrictive to leave them because you have to constantly watch the northern flank with them there.

• @squirecam

And of all else, ultimately that is what one should resort to. Get the battle over with, get those infantry off the land before they can consolidate, I mean you’ve got atleast 10 infantry to do with with along with some heavy airpower which would ultimately create a setback toward the Allied plan in mainland Asia.

And frankly, it’s nothing short of a few infantry and artillery taken away that could make any difference at all, so there’s no reason not to attack Amur. You attack it, clean it up, with little no no probability that the Soviet Union would attack back, but yeah I do absolutely agree with your sediment.

• Not trying to derail thread here but what’s the penalty for Japan attacking Russia turn 1 ? Mongolians become Russia ?

• @gen-manstein said in Converting to KJF:

Not trying to derail thread here but what’s the penalty for Japan attacking Russia turn 1 ? Mongolians become Russia ?

Yes

• @gen-manstein

Yeah. 6 infantry already across land of no value, its nothing short of a small insignificant inconvenience for Japan

• @thedesertfox said in Converting to KJF:

@gen-manstein

Yeah. 6 infantry already across land of no value, its nothing short of a small insignificant inconvenience for Japan

This should have more than 6 inf. Japan needs to pay for it. Or another way is add more inf to China

• @gen-manstein I did and China is 90 mine.

@gen-manstein I did and China is 90 mine.

What does this mean ?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m