Italy at War & North Africa/Mediterranean at War "Expansion" Ideas

• Banned

@david-06
    I putthe Decima units in theSpecial Operations Forces so there is a marker for them. Also a marker for the manned torpedoes there. You could house rule them.

I like the ideas of the expansion you sent to Doug. It is expansion material. But I would simplify it if I were you. How? Well, take away the need for an air unit to be on the islands and replace it for a free convoy raid period. Remove the +1 and have a maximum damage of 2 or less!? Have to think about that.

If you would like to ping pong more on this then send me a PM. I have a bit more time on my hands.

• @delaja Thanks! Yeah, I thought it had a decent base to it. Just as you said, I was trying to think specifically in terms of an HBG expansion. I wanted it to stay localized to the area at hand.

My thought for requiring the planes on the islands was to force the player to have to do something to get the bonus convoy raid other than just possessing the territory. True, the overall goal is to bring those islands into the conflict in some way, and by eliminating the need to have a fighter present on either Malta or Sicily you’d still want to defend the islands with troops. But I figured this way either side would have to “give” something to “get” something. You want the convoy raid? Place a fighter in these spots, even if not optimal for potential offensive operations!

I’m certainly happy to chat more about it if you’d like as well! Will and Doug both implied they liked it. But like I said, they said it looked great, and asked if I play tested, and I didn’t hear anything after that. Not saying they had to or anything, but I don’t know how much stock they may have really put in it in the end!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m