• @Amon-Sul I disagree a little bit.
    It should cost you Ipcs but i don’t want to spend it on some randome stuff.
    Let the Techs cost you some Ipcs you have to spend on but you choose what you want to achieve. Make them cost differently and accumulate until you got it.
    That way you are able to oversee everything. Pause if you have a bad previous round and need the Extra cash and it would be less script it.
    Of course we have to nerf the techs especially the Nation related ones.
    But i think we are on a good way.

• the brainstorming is on, and in the end we will have a compromise.

i think that getting a free tech at the begining and each 5 rounds is great , and combo that with the ability to buy (more) tech if u want.

cus there will be 9 tech in my suggestion, 3 fixed land, 3 fixed sea and air, and 3 per nation. thats a lot.

• @trulpen said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

@Amon-Sul said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

as for war bonds. good for UK, but too little for USA.

instead of that maybe better for USA is Heavy bomber

a) rolls 2 dice instead of one

b) attacks on 5

and the price of course 14 ipc

Those heavy bomber solutions are just insane. Far too strong. I think a better solution is to make SBR stronger or something like that.

yeah, i like the idea of a nuclear bomb.

the bomb is produced at a factory and is then transported and delivered by a bomber. The bomber must survive AA fire.
    Costs 10 to produce. Can be captured. Must be loaded on bombers. No more than 1 atomic bomb on the board at the same time.

dmg is

a) Roll for each unit in target area, destroying on a 1-3.

b) If the bomber survives AA fire, all units in the area are destroyed (even factories and AA guns).

c) Destroys enemy factory (and/or airfield and harbour) and removes 2D6 IPC’s.

• @aequitas-et-veritas said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

@Amon-Sul I disagree a little bit.
    It should cost you Ipcs but i don’t want to spend it on some randome stuff.
    Let the Techs cost you some Ipcs you have to spend on but you choose what you want to achieve. Make them cost differently and accumulate until you got it.
    That way you are able to oversee everything. Pause if you have a bad previous round and need the Extra cash and it would be less script it.
    Of course we have to nerf the techs especially the Nation related ones.
    But i think we are on a good way.

well, if i understood well u suggest relatively cheap tech but for money.

i suggest free tech each 5 round, and solid price for tech, not 8 ipc as i understood u sugest, or 30 ipc which would be average considering the dice system we have now.

i am somewhat at 16 ipc.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

How do i/we play with bombers at 12 vs 14? If default is different

• @oysteilo said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

You will have to adjust by edit.

• @trulpen said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

@oysteilo said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

You will have to adjust by edit.

Come on…

• 2023 '22

Because it is incorporated in version 4.0.0 right?

• @pejon_88 yes

• @pejon_88 and I don’t like it. We should have nerfed the CR’s instead.

• @aequitas-et-veritas The cruisers?

• @pejon_88 yes the Cruisers. A while ago we had a discussion about them. How often they used and purchased, BB’s as well.
    Well since BM has a new unit in it (the Marine) it would have made more sense to nerf the CR to the degree to make the cost lower but also could be kinda customized by adding either an AA-Gun ability, extra movement point etc. to bring it into game more frequently and also add some spice to it.

A few month later the bmbr nerf came out with finished results and incorporated in the newest update of BM3. Wich is actually a BM4.

IMO it would havd made more sense to make it an Option in the map options instead of the way it is right now. Final!

People still tend to buy bmbrs bc it comes out of a neccessarity in the game. You need some flexibility at some point in the game.

• '21 '20

What about changing the cruiser to…

cost 10
    attack 2
    def 3
    move 2
    keep the marine ability as well as the bombard ability, but at a 2.

I think this gives people a reason to buy it without making it too powerful. it would also be cool to have more of a defensive ship that isn’t a carrier.

You would have the sub which is offensive, the destroyer which would be a middle ground, and a cruiser which would be a defensive ship making navy compositions more interesting and unique.

• '21 '20

Have we considered doubling the price of units and income from territories/bonuses in order to fine-tune pricing and stats?

Alternatively/additionally, we could use 12 sided dice in order to further increase fine-tuning.

• @pejon_88 said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

Because it is incorporated in version 4.0.0 right?

i dont understand how 12 vs 14 is controlled. I have version 4.0.0, but when I start a new game bombers are at 12.

Right now I have two games going on one is with bombers at 12 the other is with bombers at 14. Both seem to work fine. I have not set up any of these games though

• @windowwasher said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

cost 10
    attack 2
    def 3
    move 2

I think this gives people a reason to buy it without making it too powerful. it would also be cool to have more of a defensive ship that isn’t a carrier.

You would have the sub which is offensive, the destroyer which would be a middle ground, and a cruiser which would be a defensive ship making navy compositions more interesting and unique.

This could be one possible way.

Have we considered doubling the price of units and income from territories/bonuses in order to fine-tune pricing and stats?

Alternatively/additionally, we could use 12 sided dice in order to further increase fine-tuning.

This is less of an option, therefore PtV was made to benefit of a finetuned map with additional rules and set up.

• '19 '17 '16

@oysteilo said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

i dont understand how 12 vs 14 is controlled. I have version 4.0.0, but when I start a new game bombers are at 12.

This should not be possible with a Balanced Mod, purchase first game. If you have BM4, bombers should be 14.

This change has not been put into combat move first, which is still version 3.x.

cost 10
    attack 2
    def 3
    move 2

I’ve been thinking about this and I quite like the idea. Can one of the mod devs give some feedback?

With this change, I can see myself buying cruisers in all kinds of situations without them being useful in every type of situation like a destroyer

@windowwasher said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

cost 10
    attack 2
    def 3
    move 2

I’ve been thinking about this and I quite like the idea. Can one of the mod devs give some feedback?

With this change, I can see myself buying cruisers in all kinds of situations without them being useful in every type of situation like a destroyer

I also like this suggestion and the reasoning why it would make cruisers interesting and hopefully more frequently purchased.

Forgive my ignorance if this has been suggested before, but why not keep the stats for cruisers as they are now but just lower the cost to 10 and see how it goes, if it turns out to be an over-correction then the stats could be adjusted (and in the mean time everyone is having massive fun with loads of cruisers! :ship: :ship: :ship: ).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m