• Just a small question: All of us hanging here are the few lucky who got A&A50 before it was sold out. Instead of a reprint, it seems as there will be an new update of AArev. The name will be AA42. It will have 5 players (no Italy), the smaller original size map, some new rules and the new cruiser navy unit.

I guess all that those who didn’t got AA50 will buy it. And perhaps those who don’t like to play with Italy. Will any of you go from AA50 to AA42?

• As for me I will have them both. :-D If you didn’t get AA50 and you can’t afford it off ebay then yeah get AA42. There is a copy of AA50 at my local comic book shop I think for $75.

• I will probably start playing AA42 when it comes out, I suspect there will be a TripleA version after we know all the details  :-)

If AA42 has all the rules from AA50, then I can’t imagine that I wouldn’t like it. It will then be an easy version of AA50. If only some of the AA50 rules will be included in AA42, then I’m not sure if I’m gonna like it.

• Customizer

if it is shorter to play I might get it if I can find it used for $25 on craigslist or something (a lot of people around me complain that aa50 takes too long)
    other than that I’ll just keep playing aa50

• its already for $25 bucks. I got 5 preordered at that price. just google

• I have been playing AAorg since the mid 1980. After a few years, we started to make plenty of house rules. Then came AArev. I was sooo happy. We played it over and over again. Then came AA50. Once again I was soooo happy. It seemed perfect. It’s hard to describe. I love AA. I grow up with it, and will play it until the day I die. I thought that AA50 was the final and ultimate version. That there would not be any more versions.

But I was wrong. Just a half year later, a new almost similar game is out on the market. To be honest, I feel a little bit fooled by Larry. Larry usually don’t act like this. What has happened? I actually felt a little sting in my AA hart. :-/

But for sure I will buy it. As I have bought all outer AA games. Larry knows this. Obviously.

• why would you think this?

The game must continually evolve or it will die. That goes for everything.

buy aa42 if only for the new pieces that you can substitute from your AA50 set. Italy would keep its own units obviously.

• I have aa50 (two copies) and Italy is my favorite addition.  That said, I will still buy and play AA42.  AA42 will have it’s own set up, and be a unique A&A game in its own right.  It will be its own puzzle with its own strategies and solutions.  Why wouldn’t I want to play it?

AA50 is currently new, exciting, and all the rage.  Once it’s been out for a while and played many many times, the novelty of a fresh set up will become more alluring.

Heck, one of these days I’m going to bite the bullet and shell out for the original Axis & Allies by Nova Games!  I don’t imagine it will be as good as AA50 - or even the old Gamemaster series version - but I’ll still want to check it out and I bet I’ll enjoy it.

And $35.00 is almost worth it just the box.

Happy gaming all!
    -Luke

• Its a different game. Revised is not competing with AA50 right?

This is replacing revised… so revised is going to be obsolete.

• I just have a feeling it is going to feel like devolution.  I mean each world view of AA has grown in scope and grandeur, while the game has gotten richer in gameplay.  I may find it very difficult to take a step back.

It is kind of like those civilization PC games, everytime a new “main” one comes out I just can’t go back to previous versions as it is a series that has continually gotten more rich and complex in a good way, while still being easy to grasp.  I’ll buy it, but I am kind of dreading it, espcially since it is being released so soon after AA50.  I would be sad to see AA50 die or take a back seat.

I hope they do an updated AA Europe and throw Italy in along with some other revisions.

• I just have a feeling it is going to feel like devolution.

Well Devo was not that bad after all. :-D

• @Imperious:

I just have a feeling it is going to feel like devolution.

Well Devo was not that bad after all. :-D

Devo are my dudes, hey maybe this won’t be such a bad version after all since you put it that way

• We are not men. We are Devo! …D-E-V-O

• @dondoolee:

I just have a feeling it is going to feel like devolution.  I mean each world view of AA has grown in scope and grandeur, while the game has gotten richer in gameplay.  I may find it very difficult to take a step back.

It is kind of like those civilization PC games, everytime a new “main” one comes out I just can’t go back to previous versions as it is a series that has continually gotten more rich and complex in a good way, while still being easy to grasp.  I’ll buy it, but I am kind of dreading it, espcially since it is being released so soon after AA50.  I would be sad to see AA50 die or take a back seat.

I understand what you’re getting at, but I don’t see this as a step back since AA42 is simply intended as an update to AAR.  AA50 was a limited edition game targeted at a small audience (due to its price and longer playtime).  AA50 is the bomb, but AA42 will still be fun for those nights when a shorter game is in order.

@dondoolee:

I hope they do an updated AA Europe and throw Italy in along with some other revisions.

Bah.  AAP rocks, but I was so disappointed with AAE that after 8 or 10 games I gave it to a friend.

• @Imperious:

We are not men. We are Devo! …D-E-V-O

I guess you could say I just have a “Gut Feeling” about the game.  OK I’m done with the DEVO references now, sorry to all the non Devo fans who had to deal with the god awful pun.

• @Craig:

@dondoolee:

I guess you could say I just have a “Gut Feeling” about the game.  OK I’m done with the DEVO references now, sorry to all the non Devo fans who had to deal with the god awful pun.

Don’t worry, I’ve got a “Ton of Love” for your Devo puns! :wink:

Craig

Haven’t we whipped this joke good yet?

• c’mon guys, let’s move forward, straight ahead, it’s not too late… :-D

• Well i guess this has been a “Time out for Fun” in our “Beautiful World” here at Axis and Allies.org.

But soon we will have a “Peek- A- Boo” of the new game, but until now " i cant get no satisfaction"

• Official Q&A

I guess we’re through being cool…

• While I was in my pole barn this evening working on dice towers, I pulled out my Devo Freedom of Choice cassette (Yes, I said cassette!).

So in the spirit of being factual, I must correct my earlier post.

The name of the song I was going for was “Ton O’ Luv”.

I had to make sure to get the name right or you know that IL would have said, “It’s Not Right”.  angry

He probably would have gone “Cold War” on me and put me behind the “Gates of Steel”.  Just rolling a “Snowball” in the Gulag on “Planet Earth”.  evil

That would be better than the story of IL leaving “Mr B’s Ballroom” to go home and “Whip It” because he didn’t get the “Girl U Want”. shocked

IL better not edit this post because “Don’t You Know”, it’s “Freedom of Choice”!!!

Craig: Stop Jerkin’ Back ‘N’ Forth on this. I told you i too have freedom of choice to edit posts, but i will say that i can Love Without Anger

Enough Said

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m