• Has anyone ever come up with a kursk axis and allies like BOTB

it could cover both the german attack and the Russian counter offensive.

the map would stretch from Orel to Karkov

• yes its on my site: Kursk

but i cant post the map because its for sale…etc.

• yes, i just took a look at that
    what is it selling for?

it does not look like you have supply and truck units in the game. are there rules for supply?
    i mean only amateurs study tactics right? Real generals study logistics.

• It uses logistics by way of steps that each HQ can allocate to combats. Each HQ starts at 4 steps and is reduced by combat. it will replenish but not fully unless you spend replacement points. So if you keep attacking you wont get many replacements.

It also has rail lines that can be strafed to prohibit movement, but can also help out to bring units to the front.

price is $175 because the map is very large and printed on plastic sheets

• @Imperious:

It uses logistics by way of steps that each HQ can allocate to combats. Each HQ starts at 4 steps and is reduced by combat. it will replenish but not fully unless you spend replacement points. So if you keep attacking you wont get many replacements.

It also has rail lines that can be strafed to prohibit movement, but can also help out to bring units to the front.

so it is more like an actual wargame except with A&A peices.

I kinda liked moving the supply to the front
    you know I bet you could make a lot more coin if you just made your games with smaller maps.

Like for your kursk game, it could be just as excting a game with half the hexes and with rulels more in line with BOTB

Instead of having a 4 by 5 foot map why dont you produce a map that is a thrid or fourth the size, but sells between $60-$80

i think their would be alot more interest and it would help wizards of the coast relize how much of a market their is for A&A based games

just my thoughts

also have you considered making a game that just involves the southern front at kursk, that part of the battle is very similar and of closer scale to BOTB

• I like the idea of 2 German players competing for victory to see who gets to Kursk first.

Its actually a 4 player game

I also prefer quality over any considerations over making money. I sell enough to keep making them.

The game is more historical and based exactly as the starting setup, but yes its just with pieces rather than blocks

• Is there any hint of an official AAKursk?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m