• '20 '19

@cds An interesting game! I dont know if you are working to a master plan or just reacting turn by turn.
    I cant see a pac vc win for axis atm…chinese/russian forces in kiangsu seem to preclude this…and a euro vc win seems a way off due to an unexpectedly strong russia. A late game sealion could be an option with the strong german navy, but that would be signaled with a big tt build allowing the allies to respond.

• '20 '19

@wizmark 830 in the morning here in a sunny cold england so that wont be a problem!

• '20 '19

@cds I read somewhere that all (Ha!) the allies have to do to win is deny axis the last vc in either theatre and eventually the critical mass will give the allies a breakthrough somewhere so in that regard I am doing ok…but as to forcing you to concede…man thats going to be an uphill fight!

• @wizmark said in CDS (X) vs Wiz (L) PTV:

@cds An interesting game! I dont know if you are working to a master plan or just reacting turn by turn.
    I cant see a pac vc win for axis atm…chinese/russian forces in kiangsu seem to preclude this…and a euro vc win seems a way off due to an unexpectedly strong russia. A late game sealion could be an option with the strong german navy, but that would be signaled with a big tt build allowing the allies to respond.

We started playing our game in a phase where I wasnt really familiar with the ins and outs of PtV, thats why its a pretty open game, where both sides are almost equal (slightly in favour of Allies)… But I dont give up easy, the lessons I learn here can be usefull in other games Ill be playing in the future… The chinese/russian forces in Kiangsu are a nuisance to say the least, but I am not really worried about that at the moment… The problem with PtV is that I havent found a master plan yet… Altough I am pretty close with it in Pacific, the Europe theatre is still a mystery to me… I can say for sure that if we would start a new game now, it will look totally different then this game ;)

@cds I read somewhere that all (Ha!) the allies have to do to win is deny axis the last vc in either theatre and eventually the critical mass will give the allies a breakthrough somewhere so in that regard I am doing ok…but as to forcing you to concede…man thats going to be an uphill fight!

Retired Lt. Gen. Harry W.O. Kinnard, a paratroop officer who suggested the famously defiant answer “Nuts!” to a German demand for surrender during the 1944 Battle of the Bulge

Concede are you Nuts ;)

• '20 '19

@cds lol certainly not yet! You still have the overall initiative and i am being forced to respond…especially in n africa and ME…but G seems bogged down in N russia and the J and US navy are playing cat and mouse with no advantage really being gained…all delay that helps the allies more than axis due to US being able to dedicate all forces outwards…no home garrisons are needed as of yet

@cds lol certainly not yet! You still have the overall initiative and i am being forced to respond…especially in n africa and ME…but G seems bogged down in N russia and the J and US navy are playing cat and mouse with no advantage really being gained…all delay that helps the allies more than axis due to US being able to dedicate all forces outwards…no home garrisons are needed as of yet

Yeah, I need to send my Italian forces up the underbelly (CAU) of Russia in order to treathen the Russian bear a little bit…

The real problem with Pacific is the layout of the Islands, seeing you can attack most of them from multiple seazones… Plus the scramble option is also very tricky… I definitely need a good plan for the coming turns or I can kiss all my hard work goodbye…

• '20 '19

@cds Hey there…how are you? All Ok?

@cds Hey there…how are you? All Ok?

Yes, all is ok… But kinda busy at the moment, Ill try to look at it tomorrow… Day off, so a bit more time… Sorry for the inconvenience…

• '20 '19

@cds np…just checking the game was still alive! :+1:

• @wizmark

Yes, the game is still alive and kicking, but not feeling it at the moment… So taking my time, not to make a game changing decission, on a bad/low day/week in my life…

• @wizmark

Hi… Sorry for the wait… I am very busy and soon Ill have vacation… So it might be a bit longer… Going to finish the game, thats for sure… Thanks for your patience…

• @wizmark

Hi

Wrote a message recently in another topic. Want to continue the game. Do you have a mailadress which I can use to send the map? I heard that posting on this forum is having some difficulties.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m