• @crockett36 said in Converting to KJF:

@squirecam a deal breaker?! Wow. Glad technology wasn’t an important factor in ww2. I’ll do no tech but I wasn’t asking for a bid.

Greatest failure in design of both ana and war room. It allows for a shrinking of strategic options and a standardization of play that can bore.

Yo crockett. What do you mean by failure ?

• @marshmallowofwar the simplest way to think about this is switching dance partners. US and anzac are 100 percent kill IJN. Russia comes into Manchuria t2 and all fast movers to w China. British dow t1. Perhaps a sub purchase in Calcutta. Up the ante and produce 9 mechs in Moscow and send East. Wake island becomes a dead zone where US waves of subs and fighters and bombers throw themselves against the navy like what happened at Midway. Casualties are taken from the air corps so that the ships take the torpedoes.

Do you want to play a game?

• @gen-manstein a ww2 game without long range air? Heavy bombing? Radar? V2s? Etc. ridiculous

• @crockett36

Then this for real is a saving grace to Germany and Italy

For Russia to use it’s Siberian units to attack Manchuria, the US to fully commit to the Pacific, and the UK Pacific turn it’s priorities toward protecting China and taking it to the Japanese instead of providing assistance to UK Europe means Germany has won.

Japan is a wolf amongst a flock of sheep. They are quite literally designed to fight every single playable Allied nation in the game, and have the ability to win over each and every one of them at that matter. Stacking Allied units in the Pacific doesn’t work anymore, the Allies, specifically America, are going to have to actually use battle tactics to win over against Japan. Because as japan, if I’m getting every bodies money on me than that’s great. Someone else like Germany though wouldn’t want that, because Germany doesn’t have the capability of such an impressive navy and airforce like Japan does, let alone the ability to fight a war on 2 fronts.

• @thedesertfox perhaps we could do a live stream game and you could instruct me on the phone your moves. I did it on my channel with war room and i have vacation week after next. I’m dying to try this out. I think you might be wrong. Let’s roll some dice. You could also just show me your j1 move. I will respond and then show me your j2. After that, who knows.

Of course, I know I am swimming upstream but all the more glory if i wreck Japan, reshape the sides and put oob into overtime.

• @thedesertfox try not to get too excited about a game that is universally recognized as imbalanced in favor of the side you’re saying is unbeatable. No one is disagreeing with you.

I’m talking about reshaping the map the sides, sacrificing, slowing down Europe all just to see if maybe just maybe i can grab the ijn s attention, hold it still and dismantle it, stunt Japan s income and spread out it’s air and own all of Asia. It’s certainly an entertaining puzzle for me. When i live stream, I’ll alert this thread. You could even recommend action in the comments.

• @crockett36

True that, and by no means are you wrong about america

Like Germany, the us has the ability to impose their will on any axis member, so youre strategy can absolutely work, it will simply prove fatal for you on the other side of the board

just my opinion tho

• @thedesertfox btw you are making the classic mistake of double counting units. Again please give me your t1 Japan moves assuming a Russian gathering in amur, and 2 mechs, 2 tanks, 2 figs and 1 tac heading towards yunnan. Russian dow.

• @crockett36

Absolutely true on this one.

I guess what I’m trying to convey is that spending wave after wave on nothing but ships and aircraft can get a little dicey for the Americans since unlike 8 grounds units a turn, that sorta stuff can get to be pretty expensive for America.

I like your idea, and I like the base of it, but instead of bringing the fleet to me, let it go down south, let it split apart. Here’s what I have in mind.

Do you remember the Anaconda Plan made by the Union in the American Civil War? If not, to summarize it the Anaconda Plan was a sort of Blockade on the Confederate Coastline, keeping goods from moving outward and making money, as well as strategic movement of landing troops in key areas that they were losing to the Union, as well as making other naval invasions in the North part. Both sides possessed decently formidable navies that would often have skirmishes with eachother, to inevitably take control of the Mississippi River, splitting the CSA in two pieces.

So basically what I’m trying to say is to take advantage of the state of Japan’s navy. Japan will more often than not split their navy into 2 or assort their fleet in some sort of fashion to support transports and amphibious assaults down south Malaya and the Money Islands. When the Japanese navy is there, move the American navy in with Wake Island. Part of this strategy involves putting a naval base on Wake Island, and then capturing the Caroline Islands. With this you’re going to use the Caroline Islands as a strategic base of operations to basically break the Japanese Empire in two. The beauty of the Caroline Islands is that it has potential of reaching absolutely everywhere on the Pacific, you can go to the Sea of Japan, the Money Islands, Australia, even the Chinese coastline, or just back to Hawaii and the Western United States if you need to reinforce. With this, a block of 3 lane transports should be set up shucking 6 units every turn to Caroline Islands and with that you’re capable of sending those units wherever you need them to go to put pressure on Japan, and like Japan before you, they will have no clue where you will strike, because you can strike quite literally EVERYWHERE.

Just a strategy I had in mind though, tell me what you think o f it.

• @crockett36 said in Converting to KJF:

@thedesertfox btw you are making the classic mistake of double counting units. Again please give me your t1 Japan moves assuming a Russian gathering in amur, and 2 mechs, 2 tanks, 2 figs and 1 tac heading towards yunnan. Russian dow.

I cant speak for him but assuming OOB and you stack 18 inf in Amur I would buy 3 transports and take the 4 standard Chinese territories. Move the fleet that can reach to Caroline’s, leave the other fleet off paulau. Leave the Japanese up north stacked in manchuria.

Alternatively I might consider attacking Amur if BM because the Dow eliminated your lend lease bonus.

• @squirecam

Pretty much, I mean what are you literally gonna do with 18 infantry on Amur aside from send the only armory and airforce you had access to over to fight Japan

• @thedesertfox said in Converting to KJF:

@squirecam

Pretty much, I mean what are you literally gonna do with 18 infantry on Amur aside from send the only armory and airforce you had access to over to fight Japan

Well he’s waiting for a 1-2 punch on korea with the USA.

• What Squire said is about exactly what I’d do, I’d move my fleet into position either keep the 3 carriers on Japan and the carrier and destroyer on Carolines to make myself look like a blind idiot and then give America they ol’ one two with Pearl Harbor, attack the same Japanese territories and Yunnan to take the Road from em, with my non combat movement being that I move the majority of my airforce on Kwangsi. With the airforce J2, I attack the Flying Tigers and say the 6-7 infantry they had there, granted you’ll likely lose some fighters but nothing short of say like 1-2 maybe 3 fighters if they roll well, completely eliminating China’s ability to reattack the Burma Road.

As for Sibera, I’d leave the 2 fighters and 2 tac bombers there for the defense as well as the AA guns and move the mech and artillery out since they really aren’t doing you any good when they’re there and then more than likely consolidate my units from Korea onto Manchuria since if they move into Korea they’re gonna die. Other than that that’s basically what I’d do as Japan in the face of having Russia try to knock you out with their Siberian Forces and even if they do unbelievably find success in taking Manchuria, it won’t last.

• @squirecam

Right, because the US is going to get close to the Heartland of Japan just to drop units off and support the Russians. I actually had a friend of mine try this strategy a while back, and if I need to say it, it didn’t go well. Granted Japan was definitely in for one hell of a fight having to fight both of the Allied nations whilst keeping a J1 opening in movement, but that doesn’t really matter much when the Grey Wolves of Europe are running rampant, I’m just saying I’m not trying to knit pick about the other side of the board but these kinds of strategies should be made to compensate for what they’re lacking on the other side of the board instead of just negating Germany.

• @thedesertfox i will take these as your moves when i do my livestream

• @crockett36

You’ve got a good YT channel going, I didn’t know you played things like warroom and turn by turn simulations, that’s pretty cool

• @thedesertfox thanks.

• @crockett36 korea does not factor into this strategy. Especially given the convoy situation. It’s about destroying the ijn.

• @crockett36 get the ijn focused on usa and lock horns until death do we part. Everyone else takes care of the rest of the world

• @squirecam no bm for me! The objective of stacking Amur is as much a pinning move as it is a distraction from Calcutta or China and a dispersal of enemy units that stretches past fighter range.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m