• I can see the Brazilian complex in a US pacific heavy campaign where UK is putting everything into europe and needs help liberating africa. The additional bonus would be getting ground troops (USA) to persia to slow the Jap advance while your pacific builds forced jap navy investment. that being said, the build limit in Brazil would most likely doom this strat.

• I like the idea of a Brazilian IC, but to me it takes away that needed money for the Pacific. I
    n my opinion the US should buy a Pacific fleet on turn one. UKs T1 moves it fleet from Australia to the Solomon islands and then US moves its ships to Solomons as well. Turn two they move their new purchased fleet to join the Solomons or move the whole thing to Carolines if availble. This puts immediate pressure on the Japanese right on turn 2. This is more important then Africa which will take several turns for the Axis to capture all the territories if played correctly by UK. UK can even hold the southern Africa countries if played they move back from Egypt.

So I would say an IC in Brazil is not a necessary thing. I agree with Octopus that Eastern Canada is a better way to bring across troops to prepare for landing.

• You can’t move anything to Solomon Islands with the allies on turn 1… Japan has the fleet at Philippines and 6 Fighters in range, that’s deadzone there buddy.

• As for the OP, I’m not sure what a Brazil IC would accomplish that a SA IC wouldn’t… if I was going to make a stand in Africa I would either do it that way, or more likely building Atlantic fleets.  I don’t find AA to be a slow enough game (turns-wise :P) for something like a Brazil IC to exist.

• @cymerdown:

You can’t move anything to Solomon Islands with the allies on turn 1… Japan has the fleet at Philippines and 6 Fighters in range, that’s deadzone there buddy.

I am talking about AA50 41 set-up. Japan does not have Phillipines yet it still belongs to US. If US move there fleet forward Japan has to decide to attack or regroup. It can slow them down and interfere with going after India.

• Well, right, but Japan goes first, and takes Phillippines on J1, which is a fairly standard opening move.  With my J1, I end the turn with 1 CV in SZ37, 1 CV in the Okinawa SZ, and 1 CV in the Japan SZ.  UK and US have 2 DD, 1 CV, 2 FIG, and 1 TRN left between them after the J1 massacre to bring to Solomon, and I have as many as 8 FIG (with the J1 I use, there are 2 sitting on FIC that can make it also, because I can dictate that the Okinawa CV will catch them in the Solomon Islands SZ, and the FIGs on the Okinawa CV can land in Caroline).

Just don’t forget that any surface ships 3 spaces away from CVs can be hit.  Those 8 fighters in range make the Solomon Islands deadzone for the Allies on turn 1, which is part of the reasoning behind that careful J1 Carrier positioning.  It takes a good while before the Allies can make substantial progress in the Pacific, which is why KJF doesn’t really work in '41 - it’s a bit too slow.

• US has to react to Japan’s moves of course. It may delay the US push until turn 2, 3 or 4, but US should consolidate all ships including UK and hastle Japan so they do not have free reign over the Southeast Asia area. Japan cannot be left unchallenged is all I’m saying.

• I disagree.  After much analysis, I would argue that Japan can, and should, be left unchallenged in the Pacific in AA50 '41.  Just like most previous versions of the game, and much to my chagrin, AA50 '41 is a race to Berlin and Moscow, when played optimally.

• The problem is Japan runs faster than any country. They could choose run for WUSA in early game under some circumstances, choose run for both London and USSR (and SBR them to Stone Age), run to Africa to ensure/abuse of new feature of axis economic advantage or simply make a no brainer tank rush to Moscow. West allies still have to make a fleet able of hold against Luftwaffe and kill the italian navy

I think the best approach for Japan, specially if allies surrender one theater by default, is expand for all places they can: trade Alaska and toast Pacific (if ignored) and toast Asia (always: broken setup leaves few choice), eat Siberia and eat Africa (where Japan could have a opposition in case of KGF). Just let axis economic power do the work slowly

• I do not believe in the Brazilian complex anymore.It’s not efficient.However ,I do believe the japs must attack the amaricans in the first round for sure.

• Of course everyone has their opinion on the best course of action to proceed with. The Brazilian IC is good but only works to help Africa which in my opinion should be UK’s job to defend. I have never had too much difficulty in stoping Axis advance into Africa with UK blocking just south of Egypt.
    So in my opinion US has to tackle Japan as no one else really can, which means buying a fleet in the Pacific. Also they need to help against Germany which is buying a fleet in the Atlantic slowly increasing to prepare for D-Day on Germany.
    These tactics have worked for me in previous games.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m