Countering the Russian Fall Back Line

• @thedesertfox said in Countering the Russian Fall Back Line:

@pinch1 said in Countering the Russian Fall Back Line:

You prefer the Allies more than the Axis, I can tell just by the words you use. You, and GHG and all the other players that specialize more in playing the Allies all share one thing in common and it’s that you don’t take the actual experience that other players have had to heart. The game doesn’t just go down to ‘play testing it on the board and telling you what happens’ because a million things could happen.

I actually do prefer the Axis, so conjecture yet again. I prefer Japan actually. I am just wearing an allied hat with respect to the conversation. I took GHG’s Middle Earth strategy against some opponents when I have limited allied experience and won handily several times. Soooooo… yeah, there’s that.

At this point I can see that we need to set up a few games. As I said, I am at heart and understanding an Axis player by preference. I’ll humor you by playing the allies for your grand opus strategy in exchange you’ll humor me by swapping roles. Maybe even a third game to even the odds if necessary.

I can guarantee you one thing. You have grossly underestimated me. I’m open to recognize if your strategy is valid but I have to see it on the table and I’m not resorting to this back and forth much further. I think you’re plan is a bad one. You’re gonna have to bring it.

• @pinch1

Then think that way dude. I completely respect that.

And once again, saying you’re more of an Allied player is an allusion to which you think more of the way an Allied player would in an actual game.

I never doubted your ability in game at all, never underestimated you even the slightest, what purpose would I have to do that? I’ve never met you you’ve never met me I can only judge what’s right in front of my eyes and the first impression I get out of someone such as yourself.

You nor I are new to this game, you’ve had your fair share at which people have came as the Axis or the Allies to find strategies for either one.

But I’m here to tell you, you won’t ever know my strategy works until you try it. I’ve already playtested this, told you I playtested it, and told you it works. At this point in time, it’s up to you if you want to believe that it works since you guys are all about seeing the factual evidence at which it does work. Unfortunately I wont be able to get over to the next Time zone at which you are in for obvious reasons.

All in all, if you think my plan is bad, then that’s fine. Just don’t look shocked when the German Roundel ends up on Moscow city.

@pinch1

All in all, if you think my plan is bad, then that’s fine. Just don’t look shocked when the German Roundel ends up on Moscow city.

I won’t. I’ve already pointed out that it doesn’t surprise me at all. Can it close out the game though? That’s another story. I’ll be surprised if this wins more than 40% of games this way playing against GHG’s strategy. Since that’s about where the odds are sitting. Slightly weighted in the allied territory.

• @pinch1

Well I suppose you could look at it from 2 perspectives then.

The players that see it coming, and the players that don’t.

As far as Im concerned, you’re the only one that’s approached me with how to counter this by the very means of the Allies doing what they already were doing.

And to put this answer to your question as simply as possible, yes. Yes it can close out the game. I’ve given the facts, the evidence, the reasoning, I can give nothing more to sway you to believe that this works. The only thing to get you to know and believe this works is if you try it. Set up the board when you’ve got the spare time and try Afrika Korps, Noher Osten and Blitzkrieg, thats all I can say at this point.

• The ironic thing is that I coulda swore you said you agreed with me and my analysis of dealing with the so said Soviet Maginot Line from the start, but I guess not then.

@pinch1

Well I suppose you could look at it from 2 perspectives then.

The players that see it coming, and the players that don’t.

As far as Im concerned, you’re the only one that’s approached me with how to counter this by the very means of the Allies doing what they already were doing.

Because you’re not suggesting doing anything different than what the Axis are already doing.

And to put this answer to your question as simply as possible, yes. Yes it can close out the game. I’ve given the facts, the evidence, the reasoning, I can give nothing more to sway you to believe that this works. The only thing to get you to know and believe this works is if you try it. Set up the board when you’ve got the spare time and try Afrika Korps, Noher Osten and Blitzkrieg, thats all I can say at this point.

You’ve given nothing but words. No facts, no evidence, reasoning but that’s subjective. At the end of the day, the words alone are empty.

Playing by oneself commits to certain bias. You want something to work a certain way, and so you play it out that way. You can’t think fully for an opponent because deep down inside you want something to work out a certain way. Why don’t you just play me? That’s the point of the game right? To play other people.

You’re right, you can’t say anything else at this point because when push comes to shove, deep down inside you don’t have the confidence your strategies will hold up under the scrutiny of other players at the table. That’s the ultimate test. Can you dig it?

• @Pinch1

Then we are done here.

If something was confusing at first then I would have been more than entitled to clear it up.

If you’re gonna ignore the fact that I’ve told you my own personal strategy developed and designed by me that works, then I’m done here. And incase you oblivious missed it, the strategy is called Noher Osten

• @pinch1 said in Countering the Russian Fall Back Line:

@thedesertfox said in Countering the Russian Fall Back Line:

@pinch1

You’re right, you can’t say anything else at this point because when push comes to shove, deep down inside you don’t have the confidence your strategies will hold up under the scrutiny of other players at the table. That’s the ultimate test. Can you dig it?

Again, conjecture from your end. You don’t know me and I don’t know you yet you think you know when I have confidence in what I’m saying? That’s incredibly crude of you dude, so we are done here.

If you were confused I tried to clear the air of that. But if you wanna reject the proper way at which I and alot of other people go about doing this than thats a personal problem only you can figure out

We are done here, there is nothing else

@Pinch1

Then we are done here.

If something was confusing at first then I would have been more than entitled to clear it up.

If you’re gonna ignore the fact that I’ve told you my own personal strategy developed and designed by me that works, then I’m done here. And incase you oblivious missed it, the strategy is called Noher Osten

Oh now it’s Noher Osten. Your first mention of this Noher Osten was on the second page of posts and its wasn’t explained. You just said, Noher Osten, as if giving it name and adding it to the every growing list of pretend strategies actually means anything. First it was Blitzcrieg which isn’t a unique strategy worthy of a name. Its just attack Russia with everything but I’ll humor it. Then the clarification of adding Africa Korps, which also, was a known and very prominent German strategy already. Some would say one of the more effective strategies even.

Noher Osten you say? This must be the secret sauce. I’ve been missing. Please subject me further to your entitlement good sir. I would like to know. What is this Noher Osten you speak of? I suspect greatly it is the missing piece of the puzzle to my understanding.

Or you can cowboy up and play a few games. If you really want to get your name out there and be known as the one who solved the biggest conundrum in A&A global for the last half a decade be my guest. I won’t just crush you mercilessly and say your strats are crap after a single game. Dice happen. I will evaluate objectively for it’s own merits. Otherwise words words words that’s all you are is words on paper and words on the internet. You’ll be nothing more than words until you can commit.

• @pinch1 said in Countering the Russian Fall Back Line:

@Pinch1

Alright then, that’s the final straw. I’ve tried to be civil about this and have a genuine authentic conversation with you but you’ve let your ignorance get the better of you, and I’m not gonna stand by it.

Oh now it’s Noher Osten. Your first mention of this Noher Osten was on the second page of posts and its wasn’t explained. You just said, Noher Osten, as if giving it name and adding it to the every growing list of pretend strategies actually means anything.
    First it was Blitzcrieg which isn’t a unique strategy worthy of a name. Its just attack Russia with everything but I’ll humor it. Then the clarification of adding Africa Korps, which also, was a known and very prominent German strategy already. Some would say one of the more effective strategies even.

Yeah, it’s been Noher Osten. In case you were unaware, that means Middle East, and in case you weren’t paying attention, then again when have you ever done that since the time we’ve been talking, I’ve posted the entirety of what the strategy Noher Osten is all about in the Middle Earth thread. I’ll let you find it for yourself. No, I said it, referring to the thought out strategy at which I made for Germany to counter a Middle Earth tactic, you were just too lazy to actually read the words on the screen at which I posted and instead jumped to conclusions as you usually do and criticized me for basically nothing.

I have no idea what Blitzcrieg is, you’ll have to tell me allllll about that strategy since I know you just get off on playing the Axis. But I do know what Blitz Krieg is. Lightning War. An incredibly simple strategy at which I didnt even say was new and authentic, since I consistently repeated that it goes as simple as doing what Germany did in real life to counter the annoyance of Russia, but then again why would you have noticed that, you’re oblivious, cocky, and naïve to have actually notice and recognize what other people have to say.

It sounds to me that you have a personal problem going on of utilizing effective German strategies, to which 2 of the 3 of these were designed and described on how to utilize them by me, to which Middle Earth? Russian Fall Back Line? Floating Bridge? 0 of these are authentic original strategies by you. It amazes me how hypocritical you are of me when you fail to keep yourself in check.

Noher Osten you say? This must be the secret sauce. I’ve been missing. Please subject me further to your entitlement good sir. I would like to know. What is this Noher Osten you speak of? I suspect greatly it is the missing piece of the puzzle to my understanding.

I would’ve, and frankly I should, but I’m not going to. Trying to convey logic and reasoning to you is a bigger waste of time then trying to explain why communism was destined to fail the moment it began. I sympathize with your thinking, tell you how it can be countered, and all you merely do is tell me what I already know, I dont think that spells out “big ass waste of time” any clearer.

Also, you should get your childish sarcasm checked out, because nobody here has time for your elementary schooler garbage, we come here to respectfully discuss strategies and connect with each other, not deal with delinquent delusional pricks such as yourself.

Or you can cowboy up and play a few games. If you really want to get your name out there and be known as the one who solved the biggest conundrum in A&A global for the last half a decade be my guest. I won’t just crush you mercilessly and say your strats are crap after a single game. Dice happen. I will evaluate objectively for it’s own merits. Otherwise words words words that’s all you are is words on paper and words on the internet. You’ll be nothing more than words until you can commit.

If putting words in my mouth was your goal, than you’ve succeeded in doing so. I have no interest in playing a few games with you, and I never wanted to get my name out there to be known as the person who literally just made a strategy to counter a strategy. You’re alter-ego is absolutely sickening and disgusting to have to see.

You, crush me? Dude, you can’t achieve what’s absolutely impossible. Even if you wanted to you couldn’t, I dont think you see your bland and absolute crude attitude here but I really hope you dont talk to other people like this because that kind of talk is absolutely inhumane.

And frankly, all you’ll ever be is a selfish prick that can’t seem to move even an inch outside of your own personal ego thought bubble to which you then proceed to be offended by which I come up with an incredibly simple solution to solving the problem of ‘the allies being unstoppable.’

You’ve definitely amused me alright. You’ve also proven to me how cocky, hypocritical, and stupid you are. To think I actually considered playing a game of Global 40’ with you.

I tried to handle this in a civilized manor, I tried to explain my reasoning and logic to you in the most respectful way possible, I at the very least tried for constructive criticism when talking about the points of which you were wrong in. Hell! I even tried to end this whole conversation seeing as you were dragging it completely out of proportion to what this thread was all about! And hah! Who would’ve thought that you just couldn’t help yourself from typing more. One damn post after another, you never seize to stop your bickering about how the Allies can do this and how the Allies can do that at which I’ve already told you I KNOW.

If there was ever any hostility from my end that made you become so crude and up-tight, I do apologize as it was not my intention for this conversation to go this way, but unfortunately what are you gonna do about the people that just can’t leave it alone, am I right?

I have nothing against you, and I hope we can come to talk reasonably again soon enough, who knows maybe even fly out to wherever state you live in for a couple games and some good old times of smokin’ and jokin’.

But for now, you’re not worth my time and engagement with that kind of attitude.

Until next time, buddy.

@pinch1 said in Countering the Russian Fall Back Line:

@Pinch1

Alright then, that’s the final straw. I’ve tried to be civil about this and have a genuine authentic conversation with you but you’ve let your ignorance get the better of you, and I’m not gonna stand by it.

Oh now it’s Noher Osten. Your first mention of this Noher Osten was on the second page of posts and its wasn’t explained. You just said, Noher Osten, as if giving it name and adding it to the every growing list of pretend strategies actually means anything.
    First it was Blitzcrieg which isn’t a unique strategy worthy of a name. Its just attack Russia with everything but I’ll humor it. Then the clarification of adding Africa Korps, which also, was a known and very prominent German strategy already. Some would say one of the more effective strategies even.

Yeah, it’s been Noher Osten. In case you were unaware, that means Middle East, and in case you weren’t paying attention, then again when have you ever done that since the time we’ve been talking, I’ve posted the entirety of what the strategy Noher Osten is all about in the Middle Earth thread. I’ll let you find it for yourself. No, I said it, referring to the thought out strategy at which I made for Germany to counter a Middle Earth tactic, you were just too lazy to actually read the words on the screen at which I posted and instead jumped to conclusions as you usually do and criticized me for basically nothing.

I have no idea what Blitzcrieg is, you’ll have to tell me allllll about that strategy since I know you just get off on playing the Axis. But I do know what Blitz Krieg is. Lightning War. An incredibly simple strategy at which I didnt even say was new and authentic, since I consistently repeated that it goes as simple as doing what Germany did in real life to counter the annoyance of Russia, but then again why would you have noticed that, you’re oblivious, cocky, and naïve to have actually notice and recognize what other people have to say.

It sounds to me that you have a personal problem going on of utilizing effective German strategies, to which 2 of the 3 of these were designed and described on how to utilize them by me, to which Middle Earth? Russian Fall Back Line? Floating Bridge? 0 of these are authentic original strategies by you. It amazes me how hypocritical you are of me when you fail to keep yourself in check.

I would’ve, and frankly I should, but I’m not going to. Trying to convey logic and reasoning to you is a bigger waste of time then trying to explain why communism was destined to fail the moment it began. I sympathize with your thinking, tell you how it can be countered, and all you merely do is tell me what I already know, I dont think that spells out “big ass waste of time” any clearer.

Also, you should get your childish sarcasm checked out, because nobody here has time for your elementary schooler garbage, we come here to respectfully discuss strategies and connect with each other, not deal with delinquent delusional pricks such as yourself.

If putting words in my mouth was your goal, than you’ve succeeded in doing so. I have no interest in playing a few games with you, and I never wanted to get my name out there to be known as the person who literally just made a strategy to counter a strategy. You’re alter-ego is absolutely sickening and disgusting to have to see.

You, crush me? Dude, you can’t achieve what’s absolutely impossible. Even if you wanted to you couldn’t, I dont think you see your bland and absolute crude attitude here but I really hope you dont talk to other people like this because that kind of talk is absolutely inhumane.

And frankly, all you’ll ever be is a selfish prick that can’t seem to move even an inch outside of your own personal ego thought bubble to which you then proceed to be offended by which I come up with an incredibly simple solution to solving the problem of ‘the allies being unstoppable.’

You’ve definitely amused me alright. You’ve also proven to me how cocky, hypocritical, and stupid you are. To think I actually considered playing a game of Global 40’ with you.

I tried to handle this in a civilized manor, I tried to explain my reasoning and logic to you in the most respectful way possible, I at the very least tried for constructive criticism when talking about the points of which you were wrong in. Hell! I even tried to end this whole conversation seeing as you were dragging it completely out of proportion to what this thread was all about! And hah! Who would’ve thought that you just couldn’t help yourself from typing more. One damn post after another, you never seize to stop your bickering about how the Allies can do this and how the Allies can do that at which I’ve already told you I KNOW.

If there was ever any hostility from my end that made you become so crude and up-tight, I do apologize as it was not my intention for this conversation to go this way, but unfortunately what are you gonna do about the people that just can’t leave it alone, am I right?

I have nothing against you, and I hope we can come to talk reasonably again soon enough, who knows maybe even fly out to wherever state you live in for a couple games and some good old times of smokin’ and jokin’.

But for now, you’re not worth my time and engagement with that kind of attitude.

Until next time, buddy.

You sir, were anything but civilized. And frankly, and frankly, and frankly, your prose wreaks of condescension. From the very beginning you act like a know-it-all. Your comments were far more insinuating, crude, offensive and insulting before I ever suggested you were inexperienced. It wasn’t my objective in the beginning. I actually thought there was some method to your madness. Then I realized it was just madness. My last olive branch was to extend an invitation to play a few games. I mean what do you have to lose? When you ran away like a wiener schnitzel I know something was up. You’re just a talker. You didn’t produce anything of value and haven’t the courage to back it up. I began to feel like a fool for entertaining your ideas.

If you don’t want to play that’s fine. The only joke here is your strategy. Keep up the smokin’ though, its clearly working wonders.

• @pinch1

The fact that you call it madness is a joke of itself. It tells me you don’t even see the words you put in your posts. Not to mention the fact that you’re treating a boardgame of pushing plastic pieces like the Ducks Fan watching Monday Night Football, you’ve given me a laugh my man

And since you’re just all about that common sense, then it should be common sense to you that you clearly may have been acting a bit egotistical to have made me put the foot down.

I act like I know it all? Dude copying and pasting what I’ve literally described about you doesnt pass the smell test. 😒

I’m not mad at you, I just feel sorry for you. Sorry for the fact that you can’t even see when others are trying to sympathize with you. You telling me that my actions are far more crude and disrespectful indicates to me that you might not even know the context of those words either.

You produced nothing of value, you merely copied and pasted what GHG said. Thats what we call in America 'stealing" and ‘disapointing’

@pinch1

I act like I know it all? Dude copying and pasting what I’ve literally described about you doesn’t pass the smell test. 😒

You mean like plagiarizing BlitzKrieg and Africa Korps and passing it off like you came up with a new strategy to beat the current optimal strategy.

If you feel so sorry for me play me. Teach me. School me sensei. I’m lonely. Misled, and in need of direction. Cleary I need tutelage.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Well I’m glad we’re finally done here. I was wondering when you’d slap yourself back into reality and realize what a complete douche clown you’ve been this whole time.

So for the sake of consistency im leaving this thread as well since you’ve pretty much poisoned it with pointless blabbering of non related stuff that nobody else needs to read…

• This post is deleted!

• Yo. I am not telling you what to do but I think your last post was not necessary. You made your point in last 2 previous posts. Just saying

• @gen-manstein said in Countering the Russian Fall Back Line:

Yo. I am not telling you what to do but I think your last post was not necessary. You made your point in last 2 previous posts. Just saying

I’ve seen greater vitriol over chess clocks. :)

• @gen-manstein

Yeah, you’re right, that was pretty extra of me, I’m sorry you guys had to see that.

All the same though, I’m not gonna stand by and let jack bags be jack bags in a place that we literally talk about moving plastic pieces on a board, it’s just not okay. And frankly, I went right with it. Tried to be civil, was respectful in initial constructive criticism, even tried to end the whole thing and leave it behind, but what are you gonna do when they just love to keep digging that grave.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m