Axis and Allies 1942 Edition Fact Sheet ( AA42)

• @Gargantua:

I think awhile ago I was supposed to buy some pieces and maps from you

I know IL, you will never get your money back

• Larry needs to throw us a bone and give us some more details!!! :-(

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

@questioneer:

Larry needs to throw us a bone and give us some more details!!! :-(

More details would be nice. (Though it will be a shame to see each of our perfect AA1942 fantasies destroyed by reality.  :wink:)

But overall I really like the idea of a new simpler (than AA50 at least) version of the game to introduce new players to. I thought Revised was a great edition, maintaining the simplicity of the original game while introducing some important nuances and increasing the historical and strategic realism. IMHO they got a little carried away with AA50 and I hope this edition is more Revised than it is Anniversary. It looks like it will be.

• Customizer

Presumably the details are set in stone, otherwise the game wouldn’t have been announced.

Still, I would like to see:

Collect money at start of turn; hopefully getting rid of toy notes suggests this may happen.

Neutrals: this can be done simply: give each neutral an appropriate number of units in defence. These need not be placed on the board at set-up, so when the country is attacked it joins the opposing alliance, who take it over.  If it survives or is liberated it can be treated as occupied by it’s allies for game purposes.
    A simple system of “spheres of influence” decides which neutral is controlled by which ally, who gets its income and any surviving units. This eliminates any need for neutral unit pieces.
    There should be no cash penalty; the attacker has to balance the gain of the territory against the cost in units of attacking it.

New tank types as well as moulds so we can use new and old types as medium and heavy units, with possibly the same for bombers, fighters (for long-range units) and artillery.

The eastern front drawn correctly, with a more or less straight line from Leningrad - Don instead of that hideous fictional “bulge” jutting into Russia.

Western Europe drawn correctly with north west Germany in Germany, not Western Europe.

Suez canal drawn correctly with the canal wholly within Egypt, not along the Egypt/Levant border.

Moscow in western Russia, with another Soviet IC in the Urals.

Australia and UK Pacific territories controlled by USA is historically correct for 1942 and should enliven the Pacific war, with possibly a limited production IC in Sydney.

Japanese-Soviet pact as at least an option to prevent the dreary JTDTM.

Above all, GET RID OF THE OLD CAPTURE-THE-CAPITOL RULES.  Without doing this every game will inevitably revolve around who can cram the most units into the Moscow-Stalingrad area quickly enough.

• '10

Is it possible to reduce the fact sheet to the facts?

• so you want your post and the others removed? That is to say you want just ONE post? Please specify.

• @marechallannes:

Are you French ?

• What is supposed to mean ?

• i think it was a joke.

• I guess too, but a bad one.  :oops:

• '10

@Adlertag:

@marechallannes:

Are you French ?

No, I am a German and waiting for you at omaha beach… :x

Ok. Let me explain my question in best german “Besatzer-Englisch”.

Is it possible to create a topic, containing all the confirmed information (so called: facts) about this 1942 A&A Version?  :-D

• Features:

Updated version of the basic Axis & Allies board game at a low price!

Rulebook updated by Larry Harris, creator of the Axis & Allies game system

Packaging, play components, and game board map feature updated art

370 game pieces featuring refreshed sculpts and new models for cruisers

Updated naval unit rules as debuted in Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition

Designed for 2-5 players

found this bit which has some slightly different script.

• @marechallannes:

Is it possible to create a topic, containing all the confirmed information (so called: facts) about this 1942 A&A Version?  :-D

for confirmed info, how about:
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/prod/spring1942

• exactly. The whole point of our fact sheet is to offer more information than the minimalist AH. Just like we dug up with AA50.

• One more + karma to you. With my help you will become a legend. An urban legend.

• Additional info on this game is imminent. Thanks to Von Manstein over at AH forums it will be placed in links on lower left hand corner of the main page in a few days.

• Thanks Impy… I mean Von Mon. :lol:
    Looking forward to it… bout time someone throws us a bone!- any pics yet or just info???
    :?

• @Imperious:

Thanks to Von Manstein over at AH forums it will be placed in links on lower left hand corner of the main page in a few days.

Yes indeed. Von Manstein over at AH forums is an outstanding person, with tons of passion for the game, and great skills. Someone should mail him and make him join A&A.org. He would be a great resource to our message board.

• I remember when Revised came out, they gave us articles and some pics for the few weeks leading up to the release.  They don’t do that any more- very sad marketing. :-(

• lol :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m