• Do controlled (not aligned) minors have a home country for the purposes of lend lease and militia? Can they move militia in that home country?

• @insanehoshi

There is a reference to Minor Power Home Countries in rules 9.24 and 11.5.

In the Glossary, it specifies that “For a Minor Power the Home Country includes the primary nation but not its colonies, islands or conquered land zones.”

So yes, they do have a Home Country, so they can receive lend-lease (rule 11.4), but the rules also state that Mililia may only move within a Major Power’s Home Country (rule 12.2).

• @insanehoshi Noneshallpass already got most of it, but I want to mention the the “primary nation” is all land zones connected by land to the nation’s capital. (the brighter roundel)

• '20 '16

@trig said in The FAQ Thread:

@insanehoshi Noneshallpass already got most of it, but I want to mention the the “primary nation” is all land zones connected by land to the nation’s capital. (the brighter roundel)

That makes common sense, but where do you find that, in the rules?

• @captainnapalm said in The FAQ Thread:

@insanehoshi Noneshallpass already got most of it, but I want to mention the the “primary nation” is all land zones connected by land to the nation’s capital. (the brighter roundel)

That makes common sense, but where do you find that, in the rules?

Page 6, Home Country, 2nd sentence.

• @hbg-gw-enthusiast That does not say that the “‘primary nation’ is all land zones connected by land to a nation’s capital.”

• @captainnapalm Oh, sorry Napalm! I was deducting. “For a minor power the home country includes the primary nation but not its colonies, islands or conquered land zones.” So we know the primary nation is not colonies, islands, or conquered land zones. The perfect example is Greece. The Greek home countries are Macedonia, Thessaly, and Peloponnese. Crete is not home country.

• @hbg-gw-enthusiast said in The FAQ Thread:

@captainnapalm Oh, sorry Napalm! I was deducting. “For a minor power the home country includes the primary nation but not its colonies, islands or conquered land zones.” So we know the primary nation is not colonies, islands, or conquered land zones. The perfect example is Greece. The Greek home countries are Macedonia, Thessaly, and Peloponnese. Crete is not home country.

That is a fair deduction, and probably correct. I was just wondering if it was specifically stated in the rules. Some major nation’s home counties don’t follow those rules, so I hesitate to have full confidence in that meaning.

New Zealand is an island, yet is home country. Northern Ireland is not connected to a capital by land, but it is home country. East Prussia is neither an island, colony, nor conquered territory, yet it is not home country.

I agree with your deduction, but I’d like to see the rules state the rules, rather than relying on our individual deductions.

• @captainnapalm You are absolutely right!

• I don’t remember where I saw that. It may be something I made based on the map. Don’t take it as authoritative.

Now for another question:
    Can you scramble into a zone where you (the scrambling power) do not have a unit or Facility?
    For example, the US scrambling from the British Midlands to London, where there are no US units.
    In the errata’d rules it says: "[A nation can scramble] where it has at least one Defending unit or facility.”
    Does “it” mean the nation, or the alliance? Airbases are shared, so you can scramble from an allied airbase, but are the defending units shared? Can a fighter scramble to protect foreign units? Or, even non aligned units? (i.e. a US fighter protecting a USSR ship)
    Thoughts are welcome

• Also:
    Table 4-7 says:
    “A neutral Republican Spain will align with the USSR if attacked.”
    Does this include a DOW? Or just an attack?

• '20 '16

Now for another question:
    Can you scramble into a zone where you (the scrambling power) do not have a unit or Facility?
    For example, the US scrambling from the British Midlands to London, where there are no US units.
    In the errata’d rules it says: "[A nation can scramble] where it has at least one Defending unit or facility.”
    Does “it” mean the nation, or the alliance? Airbases are shared, so you can scramble from an allied airbase, but are the defending units shared? Can a fighter scramble to protect foreign units? Or, even non aligned units? (i.e. a US fighter protecting a USSR ship)
    Thoughts are welcome

These are some of my thoughts, from a previous thread:

“I would like the errata to change the wording to “if your ‘alliance’ has a defending unit or facility”, or “if your ‘nation’ has a defending unit or facility.” Because I don’t know which is correct. We play alliance, btw.”

I do not think you should be able to scramble to defend a non-alliance unit or facility, personally, but it isn’t unthinkable.

• Rule 8.6 says that the owner of the airbase can scramble fighters, but does not limit this to his own fighters.

I also play it that allied fighters can scramble.

we should really start new topics for new questions as this thread is getting hard to follow

• @noneshallpass Maybe, it is just nice to have it all in one place. There is just a lot of questions right now
    I wasn’t asking about the ability to scramble (as far as the airbase). That is assured. The question is do you need a unit from your nation, or just you alliance?

• @trig said in The FAQ Thread:

“A neutral Republican Spain will align with the USSR if attacked.”
    Does this include a DOW? Or just an attack?

Yes, this seems like potential errata to me. It should be DOW in my opinion.

• @noneshallpass said in The FAQ Thread:

we should really start new topics for new questions as this thread is getting hard to follow

I have cleaned up the original post up to this point and hopefully that will help, Noneshallpass! 8 )

• @trig said in The FAQ Thread:

@noneshallpass (…) > I wasn’t asking about the ability to scramble (as far as the airbase). That is assured. The question is do you need a unit from your nation, or just you alliance?

Rule 8.6 (as modified by the Errata) says :

Airbases allows its owner to send up to three Fightes into combat in adjacent zone where it has at least one Defending unit or facility. (…)

It seems clear enough that its/it refers to the owner of the Airbase and that you cannot scramble when you do not have units of a facility in the adjacent zone.

• @noneshallpass
    For me the problem lie in that allies may share bases.
    According to the first question on the FAQ, this means that allied fighters can scramble from allied airbases. The question then, is that unit that allows a scramble shared? Is that section of the sentence allies or nation? The “it” is just to vague.

• Nevermind. The errata is up:
    Page 35: 8.6
    “Airbases allows its owner to send up to three Fighters into combat in adjacent zones where its Alliance has at least one Defending unit or facility. Scramble is declared at the end of the Attacker’s Combat Movement.”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m