• 2024 2023 '22 '21

These rules are part of the Axis & Allies Global 1940 2E, House Rules Expansion.

The Elite Infantry unit is extremely powerfull in an attack when combined with artillery.

The Paratrooper unit has the ability to penetrate deep into the enemy hinterland to make a surprise attack (symbolized by increased first strike attack factor) - or to cut off enemy Strategic Rail Movement, etc.

Both units are a must have on the game board.

Elite Infantry & Paratrooper.pdf

• @the-captain said in Elite Infantry & Paratroopers:

These rules are part of the Axis & Allies Global 1940 2E, House Rules Expansion.

The Elite Infantry unit is extremely powerfull in an attack when combined with artillery.

The Paratrooper unit has the ability to penetrate deep into the enemy hinterland to make a surprise attack (symbolized by increased first strike attack factor) - or to cut off enemy Strategic Rail Movement, etc.

Both units are a must have on the game board.

Elite Infantry & Paratrooper.pdf

Just feel the defending paratrooper should defend at @2 and not 3 based on its surprise strike from air and already on ground when attacked.

• @gen-manstein Hi Manstein,

Concerning the Paratrooper unit, our motives were to reflect the fighting abilities of these WWII elite units - and still keep the Paratrooper unit reasonably accesible in terms of price (4 IPC).

Looking back at the US 82nd & 101st Airborne Division, German 1st. Fallschirmjäger Division and the British 1st. Airbone Division they all fought with distinction against all odds.

During The Battle of Monte Cassino the German 1st. Fallschirmjäger Division fought bravely - but in the end the few surviving soldiers succumbed to the continuous pressure from Allied Armies.

Also, during Operation Market Garden i 1944, The Allied Paratrooper Divisions fought heroically against impossible odds - but in the end the survivors were either withdrawn or captured.

So, we decided to reflect this heroisme and elite status by having a Paratrooper unit defending at “3” - during the first round of combat only - and then at “2” in all other rounds of combat.

Also, in this way the play balance was not tipped.

The number of Paratrooper units that each of the Major Powers can have on the game board is limited to a certain number.

By doing so, this rule should combine play balance as well as inspire History enthusiasts.

• Airborne units are lots of elite trained soldiers with lots of shock weapons used to surprise and overcome general enemy units. Their supplies are limited if they are forced to stay too long with their objective. If you put them at 3 the first round, 2 the second, and 1 all rounds after that, i think that models their capability correctly. You can train one per turn by taking one infantry and paying 3 IPC
    ( max one per turn, max total of 3-6 depending on nation.)

• @imperious-leader Hi IL,

Thanks for your comment.

We started play testing a Paratrooper rule 6-7 years ago similar to your description.

Since then the rule has seen numerous changes. One rule even suggested that you should purchase an Airlift Token at a cost of 1 IPC for each Paratrooper you needed to airlift.

But as various Paratrooper rules were play tested over the years, the final version had to be accessible in terms of price, easy to remember - and fun to play.

This Paratrooper rule is the final outcome.

An example:
    Our game experience shows that even though Germany can purchase 8 Paratrooper units, this is quite rarely the case.
    Since the amount of other specialized combat units are numerous - and needed at the front (Panzer Grenadier units, Waffen-SS units etc.) Germany have a hard time producing Paratrooper units on a massive scale.

Also, when fighting on at least 3 fronts, the German Paratroopers would most often be dispersed - and mostly used in small-scale surprise attacks, or used to reinforce units at the frontline, cut-off units on The Eastern Front etc.

The same scenario mostly applies to Allied Paratrooper units.

I hope that you and your play group will play test our rules, once I am able to release the complete Axis & Allies Global 1940 2E, House Rules Expansion.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

We been using this in my game for 3 years now. Works good for us. D12
    Inf C3 A2/3 D4 M1
    Elite Inf C3 A4/5 D2 M1
    Paratrooper C3 A3/4fro D4 M1 A2/3 rest of rounds.
    Art can boost each one +1 on attack.
    Can only build 2 elites or 2 Para or 1 of each per turn.
    We do have Air Transport planes.
    The Elites are used more for islands and Germany likes the Para based on better defense on Eastern front and defending the Middle East oil fields for capture there. Then the allies can land more pieces after the air assaults based on Inf/ground follow ups from trannys.

I’m assuming Anzac has Elites or Para for island capture in your games ?

• @gen-manstein Hi Manstein,

That is interesting - especially with the use of D12. (We use D6).

How does your Paratrooper unit move - and how many spaces? Is there any limit to number purchased?

Is your play group made up of A&A veterans?

I believe you have lots of challenge and fun, playing with those rules.

Concerning Elite Infantry & Paratrooper units: Only the Nations mentioned in these two rules can purchase them. ANZAC has neither.

We also have Air Transport Units. I will post these rules this week.

Also, I will soon post “Cost Of All Units” - basic part of the Axis & Allies Global 1940 2E, House Rules Expansion.

This gives an insight of all units that is part of Axis & Allies Global 1940 2E, House Rules Expansion- however each unit is only shown by profile. It is necessary to study the rules carefully to get a complete picture of fighting abilities etc.

Elites and paratroopers can be carried by air transport planes up to 5 spaces. 6 with an airbase.
    Can buy only 2 a turn or 1 each.
    Have more spaces on my map.
    Anzac can buy them and also get 1 per turn is promoted to a elite if they get one of there NAs which is for the special z forces.

Plus Anzac has there own event cards too
    827d29ac-cbe6-4cd0-a650-2e8e0e04382c-image.jpeg
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/assets/uploads/files/1584735099961-9aafd6ab-bdca-4f13-9a64-249fea39e3d6.jpeg

As for players in my group yes some are veterans. Some have won at gen con and another player has won Siredblood’s tourney
    We played about 100 games now as a group.

This is pretty much cost chart. Special stuff on country charts as you mentioned a lot of other stuff.

I do have theses cards for d6 g40 game

AA8C4194-F416-4EBA-AF26-A3A08BBC93FE.jpeg

Getting off topic so I’ll stop here.
    AC now A0 D3 planes only

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Hi Manstein,

Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing:+1:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics