AH 1942 edition to be released in August

• A new edition of A&A is to be released in August 2009.

• This will be the box art, and this pic is already used on the online game at wizards.com

• Anybody know what will this edition will offer over others? …and how much is it going to cost?

• Customizer

Looks like about $35

• '11

Why are they releasing another A&A edition so soon after the Anniversary set? I mean, were there that many complaints over Italy in the game? It appears that it will once again be Germany & Japan vs. the Allies. It’s an interesting situation, as there is a setup for 1941 & 1942 in the Anniversary set. I guess Wizards is just grubbing around for yet more money from the A&A community.

• '11

Well, digging around on Wizards, I appeared to have answered some of my own questions. The new set will be the 25th edition for A&A and is supposed to be the cornerstone of the A&A lineup for several years. If the price is going to be $35, it will be great for all who weren’t able to acquire the Anniversary edition, as it looks like it will include all the perks from that set. Personally, I’d rather see a specifice battle set, similar to Guadalcanal, maybe Stalingrad.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Can you post a link to the information? Thanks.

• Official Q&A

The product page is here.

• Founder TripleA Admin

You beat me to it. :-)

• Although I wish they would reprint AA50, I’m still glad they updated the Revised version.  This will still be a cool version and I will buy me a few copies for sure.  Coming out in August huh?- that really means October according to Wizards- they run on a “special” calendar y’know.
    :-)

• Yeah, me too will purchase this in october

• Is the 2008 anniversary edition not available anymore?  I see it is gone from Amazon.  Will there be more released?

• Official Q&A

There are currently no plans to reprint the Anniversary Edition.  This may change, but I doubt it.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

Glad Italy will be gone. They were nothing more than an unnecessary complication.

Hope its great! (As if we would expect anything else) Loved the changes of the Revised edition and most of the changes of the Anniversary Edition.

• I wont buy it. I’m happy w/ AA50.  Getting a repackaged 3rd edition just isn’t worth it for me.

• @Canuck12:

Glad Italy will be gone. They were nothing more than an unnecessary complication.

I disagree about Italy, but I agree if it applies to China  :-D

• Please unconfuse me. I’m buying this for the first time for my son. Sounds like an excellent game. But on CCG Games site there’s something called “Revised and Updated” version, due sometime in June according to the site. Very similar description to this 1942 edition coming in August. I even called CCG Games and they confirmed the June date. So if I ordered this, I wonder what I would get?

Thanks!

• @jemiho:

Please unconfuse me. I’m buying this for the first time for my son. Sounds like an excellent game. But on CCG Games site there’s something called “Revised and Updated” version, due sometime in June according to the site. Very similar description to this 1942 edition coming in August. I even called CCG Games and they confirmed the June date. So if I ordered this, I wonder what I would get?

Thanks!

Do you have a link? I hadn’t heard of anything coming in June.

• @jemiho:

Please unconfuse me. I’m buying this for the first time for my son. Sounds like an excellent game. But on CCG Games site there’s something called “Revised and Updated” version, due sometime in June according to the site. Very similar description to this 1942 edition coming in August. I even called CCG Games and they confirmed the June date. So if I ordered this, I wonder what I would get?

Thanks!

you would get Revised, the box art is that of Revised and the description on the sight does not mention anything about a new crusier piece, which it would if it were 1942

Perhaps you should purchase A&A guadacanal or Battle of Bulge to hold you and your son over till august as you would not want to miss out on the imporvements made in the 1942 edition

• I just pre-ordrered mine from: http://www.boardgames4us.com/

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m