Transport movement rules - Classic vs. LHTR

• Hi everyone! First time poster here. :) I’m interested in finding out what all the differences are between Classic and LHTR regarding transport movement rules. As far as I can tell, the rulesets are largely the same, in that:

• On a turn, a transport can load up to twice and/or move up to twice (in any order). Then it can offload one or both units.
    • Moving into a hostile sea zone ends a transport’s movement.
    • Any unit that loads during combat movement must attempt to participate in combat.
    • Taking any action during combat movement or the combat phase prevents a transport from all activity during non-combat movement.

After some digging, the main differences I’ve been able to identify from official sources and the rulings here are:

• Capacity (2 inf or 1 tank or 1 AA vs. 1 inf + 1 other land unit)
    • In Classic, a transport can split its offload into two different territories during non-combat movement only.
    • In Classic, a transport can load in a hostile sea zone. (!)
    • In Classic, a rocket-AA can load and offload during combat movement.

Is my understanding of all that correct? Is there anything I’m missing?

Thanks in advance!

• @zyzzyva Where did you find LHTR rules for Classic?

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@kwaspek104 I assume the discussion is about the Larry Harris Tournament Rules for Axis & Allies Revised. Why they are skipping over Revised on the way to LHTR is unknown to me.

-Midnight_Reaper

• @midnight_reaper Classic is Milton Bradley, Revised isn’t classic. Yes there are LHTR for Revised

• Hi! I just figured that there already seem to be pretty good summaries of LHTR vs. the original Revised rulebook. LHTR seemed like the best comparison point since those transport rules seemed to revert largely back to the timing in Classic.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m