• Well what do you think?  Please explain your vote.

LT

• I voted maybe as I have not give it much thought. I really would rather take a stab at Egypt.

And a + 1 Karma for thinking out of the box.

• It depends on your strategy. If you are going for an US invasion, yes. It also depends on NO’s. If its KUSF, go for it…with the Japanese landing in Alaska in the first turn, and the Germans putting a navy down.

• how is it possible on G1?

• Thanks for the Karma.

I was looking at the map and I saw that Germany could do it.  1 INF lost wouldn’t be a big deal as he would have payed for himself the first round.

I was thinking more of the transport.  :|  It’s gunna to be toast when the US makes there move.
    But on the flip side of that what ever unit(s) (I know transports don’t defend I was anticipating the retaking of Brazil.) the US sends to reclaim that space is one less round that they will be involved in the rest of the war.

Thats why I am torn on this decision.

LT

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Uhm, you do know there is a Destroyer and Cruiser in SZ 12, right?

Maybe on Germany 2 you would have a chance, assuming the Italian fleet came up to SZ 13.  Might be interesting for Italy to go for it, if England’s working with America against Japan and neither are really paying much attention to Italy. (Lots of people who talk a lot about the game do that because they don’t have the experience of how bad of a headache Italy really can be if you don’t dedicated almost 100% of England in destroying it early!)

• What Jennifer said: How do you get your transport past those surface ships?
    You cant ignore them.

@Woodstock:

What Jennifer said: How do you get your transport past those surface ships?
    You cant ignore them.

Ya could if they were worthless submarines though. :P

• Sorry you all are correct there is a bit of a UK fleet in the way.  So G1 wouldn’t work.  G2 however depending on board conditions it would be possible.

Same for Italy two.

Now here’s a scary thought:

Italy with Brazil, an Industrial Complex, Improved Industry and Paratroopers.

WEG

• you cold pull it off G2 if you can spare the transport, and if your u-boats shut down the Americans enough that they cant take it back

• Seriously Jenn. No Italian player in their right mind would waste money on techs.

• I don’t see why the Brazil is not used more by the US player.  In our games US almost always moves to Brazil Turn 1 and uses it for a staging area for the rest of the war.  It’s two spaces from Northern Africa, Southern Africa and France.  There would be no way the Germans could take Brazil, and hold it let alone us it for an invasion of the US if this strategy is used.

• @grimace:

I don’t see why the Brazil is not used more by the US player.  In our games US almost always moves to Brazil Turn 1 and uses it for a staging area for the rest of the war.  It’s two spaces from Northern Africa, Southern Africa and France.  There would be no way the Germans could take Brazil, and hold it let alone us it for an invasion of the US if this strategy is used.

That sound all well and good but it mens that you’re making the east coast itself much more vulnerable to invasion

Grimace:

Because America’s usually trying to push Japan back and hope to reclaim some Islands and deny the Japanese those National Objectives.  At least in my experience.

• In the last game we played, Germany took Brazil; however, it was not a deal breaker. The Allies ignored it. Should have put an IC there!!

• I personally ususally do that as Germany or Italy.  It takes away 3 IPCs and is one of the few places where you can hurt US production.

• @a44bigdog:

I voted maybe as I have not give it much thought. I really would rather take a stab at Egypt.

And a + 1 Karma for thinking out of the box.

So do we send -1 Karma because he n00bed it up  :-D

• Even, if it is not possible on G1, it opened up a nice discussion on the topic of taking Brazil and people are sharing their experiences.

• Definetely worth a shot, if axis are able to get out of the med unharmed… I do like the idea of diverting the US player’s attention - sort of similar to a Japanese invasion of Alaske. A funny thought would be a german IC in Brazil, a couple of bombers and fighters to boost, combined with a Japanese landing,  and all of the sudden you would have a very concerned US player. Remains to bee seen if it is worth the effort, but I would like to try it out.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m